Death Knight Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Here, you will find all class-specific Covenant abilities available to Death Knights in Shadowlands.
Here is our guide to all the covenant abilities for Death Knights. We first present you with a summary of the abilities (the signature ability and the class-specific ability) provided by each covenant, before going through all class-specific abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Death Knights by Each Covenant
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% for 12 seconds.
- Death Knight Ability — Death's Due (Replaces Death and Decay) corrupts the target ground, causing Shadow damage over time to targets within the area. Affected enemies deal reduced damage to you and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength. While you remain in the area, some of your spells will hit more targets.
Kyrian Death Knight Covenant Ability
Shackle the Unworthy: Admonish your target for their past transgressions, reducing the damage they deal to you by 5% and dealing (175% of Attack Power) Arcane damage over 14 seconds. While Shackle the Unworthy is active on an enemy, Rune spending attacks reduce its cooldown by 4 seconds.
(Instant, 30-yard range, 1-minute cooldown)
Night Fae Death Knight Covenant Ability
Death's Due (Replaces Death and Decay): Corrupts the targeted ground, causing (39.6% of Attack Power) Shadow damage over 10 seconds to targets within the area. Enemies damaged deal 1% reduced damage to you, up to a maximum of 15% and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength. While you remain within the area, your Necrotic Strike, Heart Strike will hit up to 3 additional targets. Scourge Strike and Clawing Shadows will hit all enemies near the target.
(Instant, Costs 1 Rune , 30-yard range, 30-second cooldown)
Necrolord Death Knight Covenant Ability
Abomination Limb: Sprout an additional limb for 12 seconds. Every 2 seconds, it deals (45% of Attack Power) Shadow damage to all nearby enemies and pulls an enemy to your location if they are further than 8 yards from you.
(Instant, 2-minute cooldown)
Venthyr Death Knight Covenant Ability
Swarming Mist: A heavy mist surrounds you for 8 seconds, increasing your Dodge by 10%. Deals (20% of Attack Power) Shadow damage every 1 second to enemies within 10 yards. Every time it deals damage you gain 3 Runic Power, up to a maximum of 15 Runic Power.
(Instant, Costs 1 Rune, 60-second cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
This article has been updated for Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added and moved intro to new format.
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled
- WoW Weapons Recreated in Monster Hunter: World