Balance Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Balance Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Druid specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Druid Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Balance Druid
If you are going Venthyr, the absolute best overall Legendary is Sinful Hysteria. This Legendary is mandatory in enabling Venthyr Balance Druids in most PvE content. For a secondary option or for most other Covenanents, Primordial Arcanic Pulsar is a safe choice and is also the choice for the second-best Covenanent, Night Fae.
You will get Sinful Hysteria at Renown level 48.
Creating and Leveling Legendaries
When you craft your first Legendary, it is likely to be either Rank 1 or 2. There are 6 total Legendary Ranks this patch and leveling a Legendary only affects the stats on it, not the powerful effect. Each Rank results in about a ~35 DPS increase from the last. You should look to create both Legendaries and then choose which one you prioritize leveling, based on the content you prefer.
Stat and Slot Selection
You want to choose the right slot for your Legendary, especially with the Shards of Domination, which locks in 5-slots for its system. Sinful Hysteria should be crafted on the Waist and Primordial Arcanic Pulsar on the Ring. Balance of All Things can be crafted on Legs and Circle of Life and Death can now be crafted on the Ring slot but these are less important Legendaries to prioritize.
For Stats, the safest option to choose are Mastery and Haste as these are generally our most favored stats.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Balance Druid
As stated previously, Sinful Hysteria is the best Legendary for Venthyr and is basically mandatory for Venthyr Druids. This extends the duration of Ravenous Frenzy and when used in conjunction with Precise Alignment, Endless Thirst, and our cooldown creates a massive damage window that can last over 35 seconds.
Primordial Arcanic Pulsar will be the best Legendary for Night Fae, allowing for more oppurtunities to cast Convoke the Spirits in a fight and is a safe choice for other Covenanents as well. Circle of Life and Death could be used in some situations with heavy spread multi-DoTing but is less likely to be necessary.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Balance Druid
For Venthyr, using Sinful Hysteria may be difficult in lower or less-coordinated groups because the purpose is to get a massive cooldown that lasts a long time which may not be so easily obtainable in Mythic+. If you know pulls will be lining up with your cooldowns, will be long, or are possibly prioritizing Boss damage on a Tyrannical week, Sinful will work well.
Primordial Arcanic Pulsar is a safe alternative for Venthyr and the best multi-target Legendary for other Covenanents as well. This allows you to get a more consistent damage profile instead of these more precise windows.
Balance Druid can build to prioritize either completion goal in Torghast. Sinful Hysteria will reset alongside your Ravenous Frenzy and normal Cooldown as they are 3-minute cooldowns which reset each floor. For Night Fae players, you could re-equip your Balance of All Things to burst down end bosses with Convoke the Spirits.
Covenanent Specific Legendaries
Patch 9.1 introduced four new Covenant-specific Legendaries:
- Venthyr: Sinful Hysteria increases the duration of Ravenous Frenzy by .2 seconds each time it gains a stack. When Ravenous Frenzy expires, you gain stacks of Sinful Hysteria equal to the lost Ravenous Frenzy stacks for 5 seconds. Each stack of Sinful Hysteria increases damage and healing by 2% and Haste by 1%.
- Night Fae: Celestial Spirits reduces the cooldown of Convoke the Spirits by 50% and reduces the channeling time by 25%. This makes Convoke a 1-minute cooldown that casts 12-total spells now. This new Convoke also has a significantly higher chance to cast a Full Moon.
- Kyrian: Kindred Affinity gives you and your partner a stat bonus based on their Covenant. This bonus doubles when you activate your Covenant ability. It grants 100 Mastery for Kyrian, 5% Haste for Night Fae, 5% Critical Strike Chance for Venthyr, and 5% Versatility for Necrolord.
- Necrolord: Unbridled Swarm gives Adaptive Swarm a 60% chance to split into two Swarms each time it jumps to another target.
Of these Legendaries, the only one to be viable seems to be Sinful Hysteria as it has enabled Venthyr to become a great Covenant. The rest of these are worse than multiple other Legendaries you could craft.
Other Legendaries for Balance Druid
Most of the other Legendary powers Balance Druid have are less than optimal. We are only going to talk about the Balance Druid ones because as of now, none of the other shared Legendaries are worth mentioning.
- Oneth's Clear Vision is a call back to the popular and powerful Legion legendary. This power currently sits lowest on the board, as even the buffed version can not hold a candle to our current best powers. Most of the reason is we generate significantly less Astral Power than we did back in Legion, and we cannot layer the free Starfalls.
- Timeworn Dreambinder is the other Legion throwback legendary. Similar to the drawback to Oneth's Clear Vision, we do not generate enough Astral Power to maintain the buff for any meaningful amount of time. Good for PvP as Kyrian and can be used single-target as Venthyr if you do not yet have Sinful Hysteria.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Feb. 2021: Updated recommendations.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated crafting choices and stat selection.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Bulk Character Transfer Service Coming Soon
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for 1 Piece of Item Level 226 Loot
- Sylvanas Book Delayed Until March 29, 2022
- It's Super Squirt Day on EU Servers: Get Your Pets to level 25 Fast!
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 15: Balance Rising + A Look at the Bosses
- A Showcase of Scrapped Zones in WoW
- Druid Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5
- The Death of 10 Man Competitive Raiding (Video)