Balance Druid Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Balance Druid, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Legendary Powers are special effects affixed to items in the Shadowlands (through Runecarving). Most of these effects have benefits that are specific to your spec, and others work for all Druid specs. On this page, we will go through the best ones for all types of content. Please refer to our Druid Legendary Powers page and our Runecarving page for more information about these powers.
Best Overall Legendary for Balance Druid
If you are going Night Fae, the absolute best overall Legendary is Balance of All Things. It synergizes incredibly well with Convoke the Spirits and is good for almost all situations. This is still best for Kyrian, but a bit worse for multi-target.
Creating and Leveling Legendaries
When you craft your first Legendary, it is likely to be either level 1 or 2. There are 4 total Legendary levels this patch and leveling a Legendary only affects the stats on it, not the powerful effect. Each level results in about a ~30 DPS increase from the last. You should look to create both Legendaries and then choose which one you prioritize leveling, based on the content you prefer.
Stat and Slot Selection
For Balance of All Things, choosing the Feet slot is the correct choice. Balance has some great Leg options from both Raiding and Dungeons and, while the main stat differential is large, the poor secondary stat options on all Feet slot pieces actually outweighs the loss of main stat. When selecting which missives to use you should go for Mastery and Haste.
Primordial Arcanic Pulsar will be crafted in the Hands slot. We have access to 233 shoulders in raid and would only get +2 item level from crafting them. Follow the same missive choice as the Balance of All Things section. When selecting which missives to use you should go for Mastery and Haste.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Balance Druid
Balance of All Things is the single-target legendary power of choice. Every time you enter an Eclipse state, you gain a flat burst of Critical Strike chance, which decays over 5 seconds. This allows you to fit in multiple Starsurges and front-load your damage. This procs off of entering any new Eclipse, even the ones through Celestial Alignment. This option decreases in power once you are no longer prioritizing single targets.
Best Mythic+ and Torghast Legendaries for Balance Druid
- Balance of All Things is still really strong in keys especially this season with the single-target and boss focus. If you are Night Fae, this is still preferred.
- Primordial Arcanic Pulsar is a good choice for high keys and even better for Kyrian, who can make use of the timings better. In Mythic+, the enemies you are attacking are often three or more, and are most likely stacked together. This gives you the ability to cleave the pack with some great damage inside your Celestial Alignment windows. This also allows you to reset your Eclipse state and choose Lunar Eclipse more often.
Other Legendaries for Balance Druid
Most of the other legendary powers Balance Druid have are less than optimal. We are only going to talk about the Balance Druid ones because as of now, none of the other shared legendaries are worth mentioning.
- Circle of Life and Death is a bit worse than Primordial Arcanic Pulsar for multi-target, but can be pretty good on spread multi-target fights or dungeons.
- Oneth's Clear Vision is a call back to the popular and powerful Legion legendary. This power currently sits lowest on the board, as even the buffed version can not hold a candle to our current best powers. Most of the reason is we generate significantly less Astral Power than we did back in Legion, and we cannot layer the free Starfalls.
- Timeworn Dreambinder is the other Legion throwback legendary. Similar to the drawback to Oneth's Clear Vision, we do not generate enough Astral Power to maintain the buff for any meaningful amount of time. Good for PvP as Kyrian.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 01 Feb. 2021: Updated recommendations.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Updated crafting choices and stat selection.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- More Detailed Sanctum of Domination Seak Peek Preview
- All Bear Druid Heroic Castle Nathria Clear
- Shaman & Warrior Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- How to Unlock Using Mounts in the Maw and Korthia in Patch 9.1
- Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- A Fan-Made Pepe Mount and... a Literal Gnome Mount??
- How to Get the Slime Serpent Secret Mount in Shadowlands