Feral Druid Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Feral Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
When Should I Refresh My Bleeds?
Many of your effects benefit from the Pandemic effect. This includes the following abilities:
The Pandemic effect allows you to refresh any of these abilities with up to 30% of the duration remaining without losing this amount. The remaining time will instead be added onto the maximum duration from the new cast, and combine together for an extended uptime. This allows you to refresh any time within this window, at the most opportune time.
Should I Pool Resources?
Ideally you should avoid wasting any Energy, which is the primary resource you will pool. Generally, you will be doing this at maximum Combo Points, and wait for your Energy to refill until you need to spend Combo Points to refresh an effect. You should therefore be spending any time in which you have no effects to refresh, and have generated enough Combo Points to use your next spender, waiting for Energy to regenerate rather than casting it on direct damage spending abilities.
What is Snapshotting?
Snapshotting refers to mechanic involving Tiger's Fury and Bloodtalons, that will benefit the entire DoT effect of your Bleeds if they are active when you apply it. This will carry over for the entire duration, even after it fades, unlike dynamic buffs such as Savage Roar. Due to this, you ideally want to be refreshing your Bleed effects with at least one of these bonuses active, and attempt to avoid overwriting these Bleeds with unbuffed effects if avoidable.
What Piece is Better, X or Y?
The answer to this question in any context will always be to simulate it. This is because what is an upgrade for you may not be an upgrade for someone else. In other words, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all answer, even when talking about 2 completely identical comparisons from you to another person. Everything in your gear has an effect on everything else.
This applies to gear, set bonuses, trinkets, Azerite traits, and in certain circumstances, talents.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
How much Haste, or other secondary stats, should I have?
For Feral, there is no strict "amount" or breakpoint of any stat that you are required to reach. Nor are there any points at which a stat stops being desirable. In the majority of cases, the specific secondary you have is less important than the volume. This is however, another case of a situation in which a simulation done to check your ideal gear pieces and stat values will provide you invaluable information.
Which Race is best for Feral Druid?
Druids have limited race options for each faction, but the current simulations for races indicate the following:
How Good is Feral in Patch 8.1.5?
This is covered in the Introduction section of the guide. The key point to take away is that while Melee specializations are struggling in a lot of current content (especially Crucible of Storms), Feral does come with a solid damage profile if used properly.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 01 May 2019: Updated with Racial simulations and small notes about viability.
- 20 Dec. 2018: Updated with additional notes.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 11 Aug. 2018: Page created.
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Outlaw Rogue Anniversary Event Ragnaros Bug
- Corrupted Weapons from Ny'alotha, the Waking City in Patch 8.3
- Wrathion Sells Various Items in Patch 8.3
- Patch 8.2.5 and Classic Hotfixes: November 13th
- PvP with the Blues: November 15th
- Ny'alotha, the Waking City Rewards: Ny'alotha Allseer (Mythic N'Zoth Mount) & Wriggling Parasite (Glory of the Ny'alotha Raider Mount)
- Infinite Heart of Azeroth Trait in Patch 8.3: Purity of the Worldsoul
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk
- Fury Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.2
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage