Holy Paladin Frequently Asked Questions — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Holy Paladin in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Dragonflight 10.1. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Is There a Haste Cap or Breakpoint for Holy Paladin?
No. As we mention on our Stats page, how much Haste you want will vary by encounter and is determined primarily by your spell selection and encounter length. If you find yourself out of Mana before a fight is over, you should check to see if you were casting too many expensive spells. If not, then you can likely improve the situation by removing some Haste. You should aim to strike a balance between having enough Haste to respond quickly when others take damage, while also not going out of Mana on longer fights.
What is the Best Race for Holy Paladins?
If you are Horde, Blood Elf is the clear choice of race for Holy Paladins. They provide 1% extra Critical Strike chance, as well as extra Mana and a 'purge' (dispel of enemies) with Arcane Torrent.
If you are Alliance, the choice of race is less clear. None of the races provide a significant benefit over any of the others in PVE. Choose whichever race you prefer.
Is Having Two Holy Paladins in a Raid Bad?
Having more than one Holy Paladin can be a benefit depending on the boss encounter, but is typically not optimal for your raid. Their abilities and healing style will often overlap and make them both less effective than bringing another healer would have been. That being said, unless you are pushing Mythic raid progression any healer composition can work and you should bring your best healers regardless of class or specialization.
Can My Raid Stack Two Devotion Auras?
In Battle for Azeroth, the passive effect of Devotion Aura did not stack but the active effect from Aura Mastery did. With the release of Dragonflight, this has changed and the auras no longer stack in any way. With two Holy Paladins in the raid, you will still want to use Devotion Aura, just at different times.
Can I use my Silver Hand Transmog with a Sword and Shield?
You may replace the appearance of any One-Handed Sword and Shield with The Silver Hand appearance. You do not see your shield if you cover the appearance of it with The Silver Hand. You may, of course, also replace the appearance of any Two-Handed weapon with The Silver Hand.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Paladin Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Crossover Event Treasure Goblin Fun + Gold Drops
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, May 26th
- Warlocks in 10.1.5, Fractures in Time: Demonology Reparations
- Character Select Updated with New Drag and Drop Function in Patch 10.1.5
- Blizzard Working on Dragonriding in Old Zones, But It's Not Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- A List of the Easiest 300 Mounts to Get in WoW
- Blues News: Week of May 26th
- Epic Purple Shirt for Prime Gaming Subscribers