Holy Priest Healing Simulations — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Holy Priests in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
Simulating your Holy Priest
Due to the nature of healing in general, it is effectively impossible to sim healers. Unlike DPS, whose goal is to simply deal as much damage to the boss as possible, healers instead aim to keep players alive. This means sometimes playing in sub-optimal ways in order to save a life. Equally, healing is a zero-sum game, in that if one person does exceptional HPS, the HPS of their co-healers will suffer as a result. These compounding factors, along with the randomness injected into the system by players interacting with their characters, makes simulating healers next to impossible.
Rather than using prescriptive tools like simulations, healers must instead depend on descriptive methods of post-fight analysis, such as WoWAnalyzer.
If you are looking to improve your throughput, start with the How to Improve page for many tips and common mistakes.
For deeper log analysis beyond what this guide covers and the above tools can assist you with, we suggest visiting the #holy channel on the Warcraft Priests Discord.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shattered Helm of Domination Arrives to Collector
- Rogue Update in Patch 9.0.5
- Will Patch 9.0.5 Release on March 16?
- Undocumented Windwalker Monk Changes in Patch 9.0.5
- Castle Nathria Alliance Hall of Fame Complete, Cross-Realm Mythic Enabled Soon
- Night Fae Blood DK Finishes Keystone Master on Controller in PUGs
- World Boss for the Week of March 2nd - Mortanis
- EU Server Issues: No Servers Currently Available (March 2nd)