Holy Priest Healing Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Holy Priests in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Simulating your Holy Priest
Due to the nature of healing in general, it is effectively impossible to sim healers. Unlike DPS, whose goal is to simply deal as much damage to the boss as possible, healers instead aim to keep players alive. This means sometimes playing in sub-optimal ways in order to save a life. Equally, healing is a zero-sum game, in that if one person does exceptional HPS, the HPS of their co-healers will suffer as a result. These compounding factors, along with the randomness injected into the system by players interacting with their characters, makes simulating healers next to impossible.
Rather than using prescriptive tools like simulations, healers must instead depend on descriptive methods of post-fight analysis, such as WoWAnalyzer or the Holy Priest Spreadsheet which are currently updated for Battle for Azeroth.
If you are looking to improve your throughput, start with the How to Improve page for many tips and common mistakes.
For deeper log analysis beyond what this guide covers and the above tools can assist you with, we suggest visiting the #holy channel on the Warcraft Priests Discord.
- 25 Feb. 2019: Added link to the How to Improve page.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Sep. 2018: Updated links to external resources.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Item Level Cap Staying at 425 for Crucible of Storms
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 26th
- This Week in WoW: March 26th
- Hide All Slots Except Pants Option Coming in Patch 8.2
- Loot Trading in Classic WoW
- Draught of Ten Lands Exploit Ban Wave: March 22nd
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Live Developer Q&A Roundup: March 21st
- Help with Outlaw
- Holy - Infusion of Light Question
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Prismatic Socket
- Brawler's Guild - Sanoriak
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Arms Warrior PvP 8.1