Holy Priest Healing Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Holy Priests in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Simulating your Holy Priest
Due to the nature of healing in general, it is effectively impossible to sim healers. Unlike DPS, whose goal is to simply deal as much damage to the boss as possible, healers instead aim to keep players alive. This means sometimes playing in sub-optimal ways in order to save a life. Equally, healing is a zero-sum game, in that if one person does exceptional HPS, the HPS of their co-healers will suffer as a result. These compounding factors, along with the randomness injected into the system by players interacting with their characters, makes simulating healers next to impossible.
Rather than using prescriptive tools like simulations, healers must instead depend on descriptive methods of post-fight analysis, such as WoWAnalyzer or the Holy Priest Spreadsheet which are currently updated for Battle for Azeroth.
If you are looking to improve your throughput, start with the How to Improve page for many tips and common mistakes.
For deeper log analysis beyond what this guide covers and the above tools can assist you with, we suggest visiting the #holy channel on the Warcraft Priests Discord.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 25 Feb. 2019: Added link to the How to Improve page.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 25 Sep. 2018: Updated links to external resources.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Azshara's Eternal Palace Boss Video Preview
- Patch 8.2: Ankoan and Unshackled Waveray Mounts
- How to Get and Return to Mechagon & Nazjatar in Patch 8.2
- Upcoming Vision of Perfection Changes on 8.2 PTR for Brewmaster Monks & Guardian Druids
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.1.5
- Frost Death Knight 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?
- ideal movement as mm
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.
- Azshara potholes are out of control