Discipline Priest Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Discipline Priest before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Discipline Priest Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling.
Discipline is a very solid choice for Torghast due a few primary factors. Not only is Discipline a naturally aggressive healer in regards to healing via damage, mobs in Torghast naturally have 40% less HP for all healers.
If you are looking for more generalized information in regards to Torghast, take a look at our General Torghast Guide
If you are wondering what spells to cast while in Torghast, take a look at our rotation section of the guide. You will essentially play very similar to how Discipline is played in Dungeon Content. Just be sure to keep in mind the unique effects gained via your Anima Powers!
Best Torghast Talents for Discipline Priest
The talents recommended below apply to Torghast / general soloing. Discipline Priest's talent tree unfortunately does not lead to very much variation in most situations so your choices for Torghast will mostly mirror your selections for Mythic+.
|15||✗ Castigation||✗ Twist of Fate||✓ Schism|
|25||✗ Body and Soul||✗ Masochism||✓ Angelic Feather|
|30||✗ Shield Discipline||✗ Mindbender||✓ Power Word: Solace|
|35||✓ Psychic Voice||✗ Dominant Mind||✓ Shining Force|
|40||✓ Sins of the Many||✗ Contrition||✗ Shadow Covenant|
|45||✓ Purge the Wicked||✗ Divine Star||✗ Halo|
|50||✓ Lenience||✗ Spirit Shell||✗ Evangelism|
If you are looking for a general overview of Discipline talents, check our main page below:
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Discipline Priest
For Torghast, the recommended Soulbinds and Conduits are much more damage-focused, as opposed to healing-focused like the other pages of the guide. See below for recommendations based on your selected Covenant.
|Venthyr||Nadjia the Mistblade||Nadjia Tree|
|Kyrian||Forgelite Prime Mikanikos||Mikanikos Tree|
|Night Fae||Niya||Niya Tree|
Many of Discipline Priests Conduit options provide little to no DPS gain (see our list of Priest Conduits for reference). Therefore, in many instances, better Covenant/Soulbind abilities are targeted over potency slots. We have a reference page with all the Priest Covenant Abilities, if you want to find out more about that.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Discipline Priest
Due to the difference in impact between Discipline Priests Legendary Powers and the available Anima Powers, the best choice in Legendary for Torghast is Stable Phantasma Lure, which increases the amount of Phantasma earned by 25% as well as occasionally spawning an enemy that grants a party wide Phantasma gain buff.
If you do not have Stable Phantasma Lure available, for solo clears of Torghast, Shadowflame Prism provides solid AoE damage and has some synergy with a few available Anima Powers. If running with a group and do not have Stable Phantasma Lure available, Echo of Eonar will likely be your best option.
Best Anima Powers for Discipline Priest
Anima Powers are special powers available to earn within Torghast. The Anima Powers you possess are unique to that specific run providing variation across runs. Due to Discipline being a healer first, we already provide significant self-sustain and survivability. Due to this, most of the high ranked Anima Powers are either damage focused or possess combo starting powers. For a complete list of Priest Anima Powers, please follow the links below.
Below you will find a ranking of each Discipline Priest specific anima powers that you may encounter or be offered, broken into tiers S — C based on their potential.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
- Power Overwhelming
- Fae-bliss Lantern
- Maldo's Soul Exploder
- Cracked Mindscreecher
- Feathered Fetters
- Second Chorus
- Torch of Humility
- Dead Mawrat
- Death Harvester — if received early
- Mind Exploder
- High Priest's Legacy
- Rapid Contagion — with synergy with other Mawrat traits
- Pixie Dust
- Baroness' Lost Plagueloop
- Mindmancer Handgloves
- Deeply-Held Vow
- Volatile Phantasm
- Red-Hot Mindpokers — value increases with Catharstick
- Puppetmaster's Strings
- Painbreaker Psalm
- Diary of Necrotic Thoughts
- Enchanted Shroud
- Modified Impulsor
- Thick Burlap Sash
- High Priest's Cypher
- Dreamspun Mushrooms — gains significant value with Fae-bliss Lantern
- Necromight Infusion — gains significant value in group content
- Glorious Prayer
- High Priest's Ultimatum
- High Priest's Mythos
- High Priest's Lesson
- High Priest's Gift
- High Priest's Invocation
- Wailing Visage
- Vandal's Zeal
- Schaden Fluorite
- Power Word: Snuggle
- Pandemonium Loop
- Light-Tinged Scraps
- Idea Eater
- Fragments of Obscurity — has value when using Volatile Phantasm
- Flash-Echo Focus
- Cruelty Censer
- Art of Phantasmal Healing
- 08 Dec. 2020: Updated rankings post Shadowlands release.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!