Discipline Priest Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Discipline Priest before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Discipline Priest Torghast Guide
While this guide focuses on Torghast, Tower of the Damned, its lessons can be applied to any solo content, including world questing and leveling.
Discipline is a very solid choice for Torghast due a few primary factors. Not only is Discipline a naturally aggressive healer in regards to healing via damage, mobs in Torghast naturally have 40% less HP for all healers.
If you are looking for more generalized information in regards to Torghast, please take a look at our other pages.
If you are wondering what spells to cast while in Torghast, take a look at our rotation section of the guide. You will essentially play very similar to how Discipline is played in Dungeon Content. Just be sure to keep in mind the unique effects gained via your Anima Powers!
Best Torghast Talents for Discipline Priest
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
If you are looking for a general overview of Discipline talents, check our main page below:
Best Torghast Covenant / Soulbind / Conduits for Discipline Priest
For Torghast, the recommended Soulbinds and Conduits are much more damage-focused, as opposed to healing-focused like the other pages of the guide. See below for recommendations based on your selected Covenant.
|Venthyr||Nadjia the Mistblade||Nadjia Tree|
|Kyrian||Forgelite Prime Mikanikos||Mikanikos Tree|
|Night Fae||Niya||Niya Tree|
Many of Discipline Priests Conduit options provide little to no DPS gain (see our list of Priest Conduits for reference). Therefore, in many instances, better Covenant/Soulbind abilities are targeted over potency slots. We have a reference page with all the Priest Covenant Abilities, if you want to find out more about that.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Discipline Priest
In Torghast, we recommend using Unity and The Penitent One as your two legendaries.
Best Anima Powers for Discipline Priest
Anima Powers are special powers available to earn within Torghast. The Anima Powers you possess are unique to that specific run providing variation across runs. Due to Discipline being a healer first, we already provide significant self-sustain and survivability. Due to this, most of the high ranked Anima Powers are either damage focused or possess combo starting powers. For a complete list of Priest Anima Powers, please follow the links below.
Below you will find a ranking of each Discipline Priest specific anima powers that you may encounter or be offered, broken into tiers S — C based on their potential.
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful powers; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these powers are either slightly weaker than S Tier powers or more situational, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: below-average powers that should be picked only when you have strong synergies with them already set up, or in the absence of S or A Tier powers.
- C Tier: weak powers that have little impact on your Torghast outcome and should be avoided whenever possible.
- Painbreaker Psalm
- Power Overwhelming
- Fae-bliss Lantern
- Maldo's Soul Exploder
- Cracked Mindscreecher
- Feathered Fetters
- Second Chorus
- Torch of Humility
- Dead Mawrat
- Death Harvester — if received early
- Mind Exploder
- High Priest's Legacy
- Rapid Contagion — with synergy with other Mawrat traits
- Pixie Dust
- Baroness' Lost Plagueloop
- Mindmancer Handgloves
- Deeply-Held Vow
- Volatile Phantasm
- Red-Hot Mindpokers — value increases with Catharstick
- Puppetmaster's Strings
- Diary of Necrotic Thoughts
- Enchanted Shroud
- Modified Impulsor
- Thick Burlap Sash
- High Priest's Cypher
- Psychic Wallet
- Dreamspun Mushrooms — gains significant value with Fae-bliss Lantern
- Necromight Infusion — gains significant value in group content
- Glorious Prayer
- High Priest's Ultimatum
- High Priest's Mythos
- High Priest's Lesson
- High Priest's Gift
- High Priest's Invocation
- Wailing Visage
- Vandal's Zeal
- Schaden Fluorite
- Power Word: Snuggle
- Pandemonium Loop
- Light-Tinged Scraps
- Idea Eater
- Fragments of Obscurity — has value when using Volatile Phantasm
- Flash-Echo Focus
- Cruelty Censer
- Art of Phantasmal Healing
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Priest Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1