Horrific Visions Food Guide (BfA 8.3)
Patch 8.3 introduced a set of food that players can craft using Cooking which will directly enhance their performance in Horrific Visions.
Crafting Food for Horrific Visions
In order to be able to create the Horrific Visions food, players will first need to find the Tome of Unspeakable Delicacies, which drops fairly frequently from the mobs in the assault zones (Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms).
This will give you access to all 5 recipes for Cooking, which are as follows:
|Baked Voidfin||8x Aberrant Voidfin, 3x Questionable Meat, 3x Aromatic Fish Oil, 4x Wild Flour||Movement Speed|
|Dubious Delight||8x Questionable Meat, 3x Wild Flour, 3x Aromatic Fish Oil, 4x Fresh Potato||CC Reduction|
|Ghastly Goulash||8x Questionable Meat, 5x Aberrant Voidfin, 3x Malformed Gnasher, 3x Aromatic Fish Oil,||Health Regen|
|Grilled Gnasher||8x Malformed Gnasher, 3x Questionable Meat, 3x Aromatic Fish Oil, 4x Foosaka||Aggro Range Reduction|
|K'Bab||8x Questionable Meat, 3x Malformed Gnasher, 3x Aberrant Voidfin, 3x Aromatic Fish Oil||Sanity Restoration|
All of the foods requires materials that can only be obtained in the new assault zones.
Farming Questionable Meat
Generally, the most efficient spots to farm Questionable Meat are located in Uldum. While the Vale does have mobs that can drop it, such as the packs of Fairlands Gazelles, you will generally find more mobs to kill in Uldum.
Best Situations to Use Each Food
Each of the foods has its own situational use, with some being used more often than others.
- Baked Voidfin — this is useful as a general movement speed buff, especially when you are trying to beat the Sanity timers on Mask runs.
- Dubious Delight — this is the least useful, as the major CC abilities from bosses normally drain Sanity and should be avoided anyway, but it can see some use on trash packs that can stun.
- Ghastly Goulash — this does a solid amount of healing, especially for classes that lack survivability/self-healing.
- Grilled Gnasher — for classes that cannot stealth but want to skip trash packs (such as in Cathedral Square) to move through the Visions quickly, this can be very useful. Note that if you cast anything or move too close to enemies, they will detect you and attack.
- K'Bab — this is by far the most useful food and can regenerate a massive amount of Sanity over the duration of your runs. Note that, as your cloak rank increases and the passive Sanity loss drops, this food becomes more and more effective.
- 28 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- New Sylvanas Model Remains Encrypted in Patch 9.2 Build 41257
- Zereth Mortis Was in Plain Sight Long Before Patch 9.2
- New Datamined Gladiator's Echoing Resolve PvP Talent in Patch 9.2
- New Incubus / Succubus Warlock Items in Patch 9.2
- Updated Sepulcher of the First Ones Boss Descriptions
- The Jailer's Mace Has Some... Interesting Animations
- Patch 9.1.5 Hotfixes: December 1st
- Patch 9.2 Realms Will Remain Offline Until Tomorrow
- Laughing Skull Orcs Reputation Guide
- Havoc Demon Hunter Shadowlands
- The God-Queen's Fury (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- End of the Risen Threat (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- The Highlord's Return (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- An Impossible Foe (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- Feltotem's Fall (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)
- Closing the Eye (Mage Tower Challenge Guide)