How to Farm Cosmic Flux in Shadowlands (9.2.5)
The following guide covers everything you need to know about Cosmic Flux, a new currency introduced in Patch 9.2 that is used for a variety of purposes including the Creation Catalyst of Zereth Mortis.
What is Cosmic Flux?
Cosmic Flux is a Patch 9.2 currency used to empower equipment at the Creation Catalyst in Zereth Mortis or fuel the The Runecarver's Chamber in Torghast.
Buff to Cosmic Flux Gains in Shadowlands Season 4
As of August 8, 2022, Cosmic Flux gains from PvP, Mythic+, and raids were buffed by 100% on live servers.
Why is Cosmic Flux Important?
As mentioned above, you will need Cosmic Flux to upgrade Legendary items to Rank 7 and transform non-set pieces of equipment into Class Tier Set pieces in Patch 9.2. Upgrading an item to Rank 7 will take 2,000 Cosmic Flux, among other things, while utilizing the Creation Catalyst has a cost that varies with the slot being transformed.
You can learn more about the upgrading process in our guide below.
Due to its similar nature, the currency can be compared to Echoes of Ny'alotha from Battle for Azeroth.
How to Farm Cosmic Flux in Patch 9.2.5
Cosmic Flux comes from participating in Shadowlands Season 4 content:
- Fated Castle Nathria and Sanctum of Domination bosses reward Cosmic Flux in Shadowlands Season 4.
- Completing daily and world quests in Zereth Mortis.
- Completing the Zereth Mortis quest Patterns Within Patterns every week.
- Opening treasures in Zereth Mortis.
- Defeating Rare Elites in Zereth Mortis.
- Participating in Rated PvP.
- Clearing Mythic+ Dungeons.
- Defeating bosses in the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid.
- Completing wings of Torghast on Layers 13 or higher.
- Completing Layers of The Jailer's Gauntlet challenge wing in Torghast (one-time reward per Layer).
- From Cosmic Flux Parcels, bought with Attendant's Token of Merit if you do not pick loot from the Great Vault.
- Scrapping existing Legendaries refunds 100% of the Cosmic Flux spent to craft them.
How to Send Cosmic Flux to Alts
As of July 8, 2022, the Enlightened Quartermaster Vilo located in Haven (Zereth Mortis) sells an item called Pouch of Prodigious Wonders for 1,500 Cosmic Flux. This Bind-to-Account item can be sent to your alts who will gain 1,250 Cosmic Flux per bag.
The item requires Friendly reputation standing with The Enlightened.
Cosmic Flux from Zereth Mortis Activities
- Daily Quests give 75 Cosmic Flux each.
- The weekly quest Patterns Within Patterns in Zereth Mortis gives you 400 Cosmic Flux.
- Opening treasures for the first time each day provides 75 Cosmic Flux.
- Opening small treasures gives you 10-14 Cosmic Flux.
- Rare treasures give you 200 Cosmic Flux each, the first time you open them.
- Enlightened Broker Supplies (The Enlightened Paragon Reputation reward) contains 1,000 Cosmic Flux.
- Rare Elites in Zereth Mortis drop anywhere from 50-75 Cosmic Flux when killed.
- Defeating Fated raid bosses in Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones rewards 200 Cosmic Flux per boss.
- Winning a Rated Battleground gives you 200 Cosmic Flux.
- Clearing a Mythic Dungeons rewards 174-200 Cosmic Flux.
You can learn more about some of these quests, treasures, and rares in our guides to Zereth Mortis and its two additional systems below.
Cosmic Flux from Torghast
A wing of Torghast provides a total of 100 Cosmic Flux at Layer 16, but only Layers 13 and higher will offer any.
- Layer 13 rewards 70 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 14 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 15 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 16 rewards 10 Cosmic Flux.
The Jailer's Gauntlet also gives you the following amount of Cosmic Flux:
- Layer 1 gives you 50 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 2 gives you 75 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 3 gives you 100 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 4 gives you 125 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 5 gives you 200 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 6 gives you 300 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 7 gives you 400 Cosmic Flux.
- Layer 8 gives you 500 Cosmic Flux.
You can learn more about the new Jailer's Gauntlet challenge wing in our guide below.
Does Cosmic Flux Have a Cap in Patch 9.2.5?
No, you can farm Cosmic Flux repeatedly without any limitations in Patch 9.2.5.
- 10 Aug. 2022: Cosmic Flux gains increased by 100% from PvP, Mythic+, and raids.
- 02 Aug. 2022: Updated for clarity.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 09 Jul. 2022: Updated with new Pouch that lets you send Cosmic Flux to alts.
- 14 Apr. 2022: Small correction to the amount of Cosmic Flux granted from various sources.
- 06 Mar. 2022: Changed the number of Cosmic Flux from the Zereth Mortis weekly quest.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Even more Cosmic Flux sources added.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Cosmic Flux sources added.
- 17 Feb. 2022: Guide added.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch