Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 3 Guide (9.2.5)
Patch 9.2.5 Changes
As of June 2, 2022, Au'Dara the Heirloom broker located in Oribos next to the Flight Master sells the following bind-on-account item:
- Encrypted Equipment Chest — Contains one piece of item level 236 Mythic 0 gear. The chest can only be purchased with Valor by a character with a 1,500 or higher Mythic+ Rating. One chest costs 500 Valor.
When Will Shadowlands Mythic Season 3 Start?
Shadowlands Season 3 started on March 1, 2022.
What to Expect in Mythic Season 3?
- The item level of rewards from Level 60 Normal, Heroic, and Mythic Difficulty dungeons will be increased by 26 compared to Season 2. This also applies to loot from the Great Vault and end-of-run Mythic+ chests.
- New Seasonal Affix called Encrypted.
- Players can earn a new Cosmic Gladiator title along with a new weapon illusion, a new color variation of the Souleater mount ( Cosmic Gladiator's Soul Eater) new vicious mounts, and more.
- Tazavesh, the Veiled Market will be added to the pool of Mythic+ Dungeons. The dungeon has been split into two wings with Heroic Difficulty also added.
- Shadowlands Keystone Explorer: Season Three requires a Mythic+ Rating of at least 900 (was 750) in Season 3.
- Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season Three requires 1,850 Mythic+ Rating in Season 3 (up from 1,500).
- Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Three now requires a Mythic+ Rating of at least 2,500 (was 2,000).
- New Shadowlands Keystone Hero: Season Three achievement for reaching a Mythic+ rating of 3000; allows that character to purchase Vessel of Profound Possibilities.
Mythic Affix Changes in Season 3
- Necrotic affix's Necrotic Wound duration is now 5 seconds (was 6 seconds).
- Blizzard made changes to the affix rotation to break up Necrotic and Sanguine, as this combination could overburden tanks.
Upgrading Mythic+ Gear with Valor in Shadowlands Season 3
Valor will reset to 0 with the beginning of Season 3, and you will once again be able to upgrade Mythic Dungeon Gear with Valor.
You will find more information about Valor in our separate guide linked below.
Mythic Dungeon Rewards in Shadowlands Season 3
Mythic+ end-of-run drops will cap at Mythic+10 (Item Level 255) throughout the week of March 1-7 until Mythic Difficulty Sepulcher of the First Ones opens.
During the week of March 1 you must complete a Mythic +15 run that week to claim Item Level 278 loot the following week on March 8.
The Great Vault will be uncapped starting March 8, reflecting successful completions achieved during the week of March 1.
|Difficulty Level||End-of-Run Item Level||Weekly Reward Item Level|
The Great Vault
The Shadowlands Weekly Chest requires you to clear a certain number of Mythic dungeons per week to receive items in the Dungeons category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
You can check out our Mythic+ dungeon difficulty rankings, as well as the recommended MDT routes for this week in the guides linked below.
New Seasonal Affix — Encrypted
The new Mythic Affix that will be active in all +10 runs in Season 3 is called Encrypted — Enemies throughout the dungeon possess relics of the First Ones. Destroy the relics to summon the First Ones' Automa and gain powerful bonuses, based on the order in which they were destroyed.
For a detailed guide on Mythic+ Affixes and what they do, please refer to our Mythic+ Affix Guide.
Covenant Bonuses in Mythic Dungeons
Depending on the Mythic dungeon, each Covenant in Shadowlands can provide specific buffs and bonuses to the party, and making use of these is essential for progress. You can find out all about that on our dedicated page.
Completing Shadowlands dungeons at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit rewards dungeon teleports in Season 3.
- Keystone Hero: The Necrotic Wake — Rewards Teleport to The Necrotic Wake.
- Keystone Hero: Plaguefall — Rewards Teleport to Plaguefall.
- Keystone Hero: Mists of Tirna Scithe — Rewards Teleport to Mists of Tirna Scithe.
- Keystone Hero: Halls of Atonement — Rewards Teleport to Halls of Atonement.
- Keystone Hero: Spires of Ascension — Rewards Teleport to Spires of Ascension.
- Keystone Hero: Theater of Pain — Rewards Teleport to Theater of Pain.
- Keystone Hero: De Other Side — Rewards Teleport to De Other Side.
- Keystone Hero: Sanguine Depths — Rewards Teleport to Sanguine Depths.
- Keystone Hero: Tazavesh, the Veiled Market — Rewards Teleport to Tazavesh, the Veiled Market.
Keystone Re-rolling and Depletion
Ta'hsup will also spawn at the end of Mythic+ dungeons that are completed before the time limit is reached. He will offer a one-time Keystone exchange to any player whose current Keystone is at or below the level of the dungeon that was recently completed on time. Keystones that are higher level than the dungeon that was recently completed on time cannot be traded, including the Keystone that was used to start the run.
Additionally, Ta'hsup in Oribos will also deplete your Keystone as many times as you would like, so you no longer need to continuously leave and reset instances to deplete your Keystone.
Mythic+ Rating in Shadowlands
Patch 9.1 introduced a way for players to gauge their success and preparation to take on the challenges found in Mythic+ dungeons — a new Mythic Scoring System!
You can view your personal Mythic+ rating within the Group Finder (I) UI under the Mythic Dungeons tab. Hovering your mouse over the center Dungeon rating will bring up a tooltip that explains more about your rating and how to improve it.
Your rating increases each time you run a dungeon you have not completed before or when you beat your own best time in a dungeon you have already completed. Completing a key provides a rating based on three factors — the level of the key, the Affixes in the key, and the run's time compared to the dungeon's timer. With each Season, Mythic+ ratings are reset in the display.
You can find more information about the Mythic scoring system in our dedicated guide.
Mythic Season 3 Achievements and Rewards
Shadowlands Keystone Conqueror: Season Three requires you to attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 1,850 during Season 3 and rewards The Cryptic title.
To earn Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Three, and receive Wastewarped Deathwalker, you must attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 2,500 during Shadowlands Season 3. The mount is a recolor of the Season 1 mount.
You can learn more about this and other mounts in our collection guides for 9.2 below.
New in Season 3, you may also choose to strive for Shadowlands Keystone Hero: Season Three which requires you to attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 3,000. Your reward for doing so is the ability to purchase the Vessel of Profound Possibilities from your Covenant vendor, instantly bringing all of your Conduits to their highest possible item level of 278.
Mythic+ Guides for Shadowlands Season 3
If you would like to improve your Mythic+ expertise in Season 3, we have a few guides that we would like to recommend to you for further reading.
- 05 Jun. 2022: Guide updated with Encrypted Equipment Chest.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Guide added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st