Soulbind Conduits Guide
Welcome to our Conduits guide for Shadowlands, where you will learn what Conduits are, how they are used, and how you can obtain them.
Conduit Changes in Patch 9.1.5
Patch 9.1.5 introduces the following Conduit changes:
- Incense of Infinity is a new Conduit catch-up item for alts.
- Conduit Energy has been removed and Conduits can be freely swapped without any restrictions, though it must still be done from your Covenant Sanctum.
- Unlocking your third Soulbind on any character allows alts joining the same Covenant to start a quest that will immediately unlock their second and third Soulbind.
Soulbind Conduits are socketed passives that enhance your class and Covenant Abilities. You can get them from reputation vendors, PvP quartermasters, dungeons, raids, and by completing various content in Shadowlands.
You must first add them to your permanent collection at the Forge of Bonds. Afterward, they can be inserted into the corresponding empty Conduit slots provided by Soulbinds.
Conduits have 15 ranks and their power increases with item level.
How to Learn All Conduits on Alts
Soulbind Conduit Sources
Recently, Blizzard added Incense of Infinity to the game. The item provides the easiest way for alts to learn all Conduits and raises them to item level 200.
You can obtain Conduits from various sources. Most of them drop from dungeon and world bosses, but note that you can receive the same Conduit from two different sources.
Roh-Suir, the The Archivist's Codex quartermaster in Korthia sells Death-Bound Shard for 3,000 Cataloged Research in Shadowlands Season 2. The item upgrades an existing Conduit by one rank, up to item level 252. The upgraded Conduit will be selected randomly from your lowest-rank Conduits.
The Forge of Bonds
After having obtained your very first Soulbind Conduit, you must make your way to The Forge of Bonds located in your Covenant Sanctum. The forge allows you to augment your Soulbinds with Conduits and add them permanently to your collection. Soulbind Conduits work just like Essences in Battle for Azeroth, and you must always be at the Forge of Bonds to change and add them to your collection.
Soulbind Conduit Collection
Learning a Soulbind Conduit adds it permanently to your collection. You can bring up the Collection UI by clicking on the Forge of Bonds.
Here is how the collection looks like in the game.
Soulbind Conduit Ranks
Conduits currently have 15 ranks and their Item Level scales with content difficulty, so if you complete a Heroic Dungeon, you will receive a Rank 4 Conduit. If you clear Castle Nathria on Mythic difficulty, you will receive a Rank 7 Conduit, and so forth. Here is a list of datamined Conduit ranks and item levels.
- Rank 1 — Item Level 145.
- Rank 2 — Item Level 158.
- Rank 3 — Item Level 171.
- Rank 4 — Item Level 184.
- Rank 5 — Item Level 200.
- Rank 6 — Item Level 213.
- Rank 7 — Item Level 226.
- Rank 8 — Item Level 239.
- Rank 9 — Item Level 252.
- Rank 10 — Item Level 265.
- Rank 11 — Item Level 278.
- Rank 12 — Item Level 291.
- Rank 13 — Item Level 304.
- Rank 14 — Item Level 317.
- Rank 15 — Item Level 330.
Upgrading Soulbind Conduits
If you obtain the same Conduit at a higher rank, it will override the lower item level Conduit and replace it in your collection, upgrading it.
Types of Soulbind Conduits
Before we go over the different types of Conduits, let us have a closer look at a sample Soulbind tree for better illustration.
As you can see above in Pelagos' Soulbind tree, we distinguish between three types of Soulbind Conduits, each marked with a different symbol:
- Finesse Conduits — Provide you with utility.
- Potency Conduits — Increase your damage output.
- Endurance Conduits — Increase your survivability.
All Soulbinds provide 3 empty Endurance, 2 Potency, and 2 Finesse Conduit slots for a total of 7 empty Conduit slots per Soulbind.
How to Activate Soulbind Conduits
You must drag a Conduit from your collection and insert into the corresponding empty Conduit slot of your Soulbind to activate it.
Note that you cannot use the same Conduit twice and your Conduits will not reset when you switch between specializations or Soulbinds.
New in Patch 9.1 are Enhanced Conduits that empower your first six Soulbind rows. Conduit rows will become enhanced at various Renown levels, increasing a Conduit's item level by 26 and effect by 2 ranks.
- The first row of Conduits is enhanced at Renown 61, 62, 63.
- The second row of Conduits is enhanced at Renown 64, 65, and 66.
- The third row of Conduits is enhanced at Renown 67, 68, and 69.
- The fourth row of Conduits is enhanced at Renown 70, 71, and 72.
- The fifth row is enhanced at Renown 73, 74, and 75.
- The sixth and final row of Conduits is enhanced at Renown 77, 78, and 79.
Obtaining Soulbind Conduits
Conduits can be obtained by completing various activities in the Shadowlands. These include killing raid bosses, completing dungeons, reaching Exalted with the new factions, and some can be purchased from PvP quartermasters in Oribos.
Replacing Soulbind Conduits
If you wish to replace an existing Conduit you can drag and drop the new Conduit into the existing Conduit slot that is currently equipped with a different Conduit.
Conduits by Class
Please refer to our class-specific Conduit pages for more information about the Conduits available to each class.
- 17 Dec. 2021: Updated with catch-up system.
- 29 Oct. 2021: Conduit Energy removed.
- 17 Aug. 2021: Added clarification about Enhanced Conduits.
- 06 Aug. 2021: Removed outdated Ve'nari reference.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Fixed the number of available Potency and Endurance Conduit slots per Soulbind.
- 25 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 18 Sep. 2020: Fixed Conduit slots count.
- 27 Aug. 2020: Fixed wrong link in the footer.
- 22 Aug. 2020: Guide added.
- How to Upgrade Legendaries to Rank 7 in Patch 9.2
- Gluttonous Gardbrace Makes You Eat Food Faster in Patch 9.2
- Everything New in Patch 9.2 Build 41827
- Everything You Need to Know About Wearing 2 Legendaries At Once in Patch 9.2
- Zereth Mortis Catch-Up Gear in Patch 9.2
- Encrypted Files Hint at Potential Deluxe Edition Rewards for WoW's Upcoming Expansion
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #11)
- Interesting Loot from the Jailer in Patch 9.2