An Overview of Priest Class Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
The following page covers all Priest changes that went live in Patch 10.2.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Priest Class Guides for Dragonflight Patch 10.2
If you are looking for Priest class guides, please visit one of the guides below.
General Priest Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Power Infusion Haste reduced to 20% (was 25%) and duration reduced to 15 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Shadow Word: Death now deals 8% of the Priest’s maximum health in damage when it fails to kill a target instead of the backlash damage being based on damage dealt.
- Tithe Evasion now reduces Shadow Word: Death damage dealt to the Priest by 50% (was 75%).
- Shadow Word: Death backlash damage is now reduced by damage reduction effects.
- Mass Dispel cooldown is now 2 minutes (was 45 seconds).
- Improved Mass Dispel is now a PvP Talent and reduces the cooldown of Mass Dispel by 60 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Improved Mass Dispel no longer reduces the cast time of Mass Dispel.
- Improved Mass Dispel has been replaced with Mental Agility in the Priest talent tree.
- New Talent: Mental Agility — Reduces the mana cost of Purify, Purify Disease, and Mass Dispel by 50% and Dispel Magic by 10%.
- Rhapsody now only highlights Holy Nova at max stacks while in combat.
- Power Word: Life now costs 2.5% mana (was 0.5%).
- Power Word: Life cooldown decreased to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds), but its cooldown is no longer decreased when cast on targets below 35% health.
- Power Word: Life is now only usable on targets below 35% health.
- Power Word: Life’s healing increased by 500% and no longer increases its healing on targets below 35% health.
Discipline Priest Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Schism has been redesigned to be a passive talent — Now causes Mind Blast to fracture the enemy’s mind, increasing your spell damage to the target by 10% for 9 seconds.
- Shadow Covenant has been redesigned to be a passive talent — Shadowfiend or Mindbender enters you into a shadowy pact, transforming Halo, Divine Star, and Penance into Shadow spells and increasing the damage and healing of your Shadow spells by 25% for 15 seconds (7 seconds with Mindbender).
- Mind Blast now has a 24-second cooldown (was 9 seconds).
- Mind Blast damage has been increased by 30%.
- Dark Indulgence no longer grants an additional charge of Mind Blast. Instead, Mind Blast has a 100% chance to grant Power of the Dark Side.
- Inescapable Torment damage increased by 60%.
- Inescapable Torment now triggers from Penance in addition to Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death.
- Inescapable Torment is now a 1-point talent (was 2).
- Power Word: Solace has been removed.
- Harsh Discipline no longer triggers after 4 spell casts of Smite, Mind Blast, or Power Word: Solace. Instead, Power Word: Radiance has a 30/60% chance to cause your next Penance to be free and fire 3 extra bolts.
- New Talent: Sanctuary — Smite prevents the next 80% damage the enemy deals.
- New Talent: Ultimate Penitence — Ascend into the air and unleash a massive barrage of Penance bolts, causing Holy damage to enemies or healing to allies over 6 seconds. While ascended, gain a shield for 50% of your health. In addition, you are unaffected by knockbacks or crowd control effects.
- New Talent: Heaven's Wrath — Each Penance bolt you fire reduces the cooldown of Ultimate Penitence by 2 seconds.
- New Talent: Overloaded with Light — Ultimate Penitence emits an explosion of light, healing up to 10 allies around you and applying Atonement at 50% of the normal duration.
- Penance damage increased by 15%.
- Penance healing increased by 30%.
- Power Word: Barrier now reduces 20% of all damage taken (was 25%).
- Atonement now heals for 32% of the damage done (was 40%).
- Atonement healing is now increased by 50% when not in a raid.
- Flash Heal healing increased by 40%.
- Power Word: Shield absorption increased by 10%.
- Divine Aegis is now a 1-point talent (was 2).
- Light's Wrath, Resplendent Light, Wrath Unleashed, and Make Amends have been removed.
- Ultimate Penitence now considers your primary target and will prioritize healing bolts if an ally is selected or damaging bolts if an enemy is selected. Damage and healing increased by 25%, and an initial tick has been added to the start of the channel.
- All damage done reduced by 9%.
- Atonement healing increased by 9%.
- Purge the Wicked damage increased by 5%.
- Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 10%.
- Sins of the Many increases damage by 20% (was 40%).
- Atonement heals for 40% of the damage done (was 35%).
Holy Priest Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Holy Word: Serenity healing increased by 30%.
- Flash Heal healing increased by 40%.
- Holy Word: Salvation’s cooldown is now reduced by 15 seconds (was 30 seconds) by Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctify.
- Symbol of Hope now restores 10% of missing mana (was 15%).
- Symbol of Hope recovers 40 seconds of cooldown for a major defensive ability (was 60 seconds).
- Holy Word: Sanctify now heals up to 5 allies (was 6).
- Divine Star healing decreased by 25%.
- Halo healing decreased by 15%.
- Heal healing increased by 40%.
- Prayer of Mending healing decreased by 5%.
- Prismatic Echoes now increases the healing of Echo of Light by 4/8% (was 6/12%).
- Echo of Light healing decreased by 15%.
- Divine Image’s Dazzling Light healing decreased by 35%.
- Divine Image’s Blessed Light healing decreased by 20%.
- Trail of Light replicates Heal or Flash Heal for 13/25% value (was 18/35%).
- Pontifex increases healing done by Holy Words by 20%, stacking 2 times (was 10%).
- Echo of Light heals every 2 seconds and lasts 4 seconds (was heals every 3 seconds and lasts 6 seconds).
- Fixed an issue that caused Holy Word: Sanctify to hit 6 targets instead of 5.
- Symbol of Hope now reduces the cooldown of major defensives by 30 seconds (was 40 seconds).
Shadow Priest Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- Shadow Crash damage is now reduced beyond 5 targets.
- Mind Flay damage increased by 10%.
- Mind Flay: Insanity damage increased by 30%.
- Mind Spike: Insanity damage increased by 20%.
- Fixed an issue causing Deathspeaker to reset the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death to 10 seconds.
- Fixed an issue causing Deathspeaker to trigger the cooldown lockout for Death and Madness.
- Surge of Insanity now triggers from every 2 casts of Devouring Plague (was 3).
- Mind Spike: Insanity now generates 8 Insanity (was 6).
- Mind Flay: Insanity now generates 16 Insanity over its duration (was 12).
- Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 17%. Not applied to PvP combat.
- Shadowy Apparitions damage increased by 17%. Not applied to PvP combat.
- Vampiric Touch damage increased by 25%. Not applied to PvP combat.
Priest PvP Changes in Dragonflight Patch 10.2
- The backlash effects of Vampiric Touch, Stellar Flare, Unstable Affliction, Glimmer of Light, and Flame Shock will now land on Priests during Phase Shift.
- Fixed an issue that caused Howl of Terror and Psychic Scream to not break from Shadow Word: Death’s damage.
- Atonement is now 36% more effective in PvP combat (was 89%).
- Flash Heal is no longer increased by 30% in PvP combat.
- Heal is no longer increased by 57% in PvP.
- Focused Will now reduces physical damage taken by 15% and magic damage taken by 5% (was all damage by 10%) for Shadow Priests.
More Dragonflight Patch 10.2 Class Changes
You will find other Patch 10.2 class changes linked below.
- 24 Oct. 2023: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)