Outlaw Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics for Outlaw Rogue
Outlaw is a specialization that revolves around the management of several personal buffs. Once you acquire the correct types of buffs, you build Combo Points to unleash in powerful and bursty finishers. In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
3. Talent Choice for Outlaw Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. The talents recommended here aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Weaponmaster
- Level 30: Acrobatic Strikes
- Level 45: Vigor
- Level 60: Cheat Death
- Level 75: Dirty Tricks
- Level 90: Slice and Dice
- Level 100: Killing Spree
4. Stat Choice for Outlaw Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike;
5. Basic Rotation for Outlaw Rogue
- Use Killing Spree on cooldown.
- Use Adrenaline Rush on cooldown.
- Cast Sinister Strike to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Pistol Shot when you have an Opportunity proc to generate Combo Points.
- Cast a 4-5 Combo Point Slice and Dice when your buff is about to expire.
- Cast Dispatch when you have 5+ Combo Points.
- Activate Blade Flurry if more than one target is present and stacked.
6. Azerite Traits
Azerite Traits play an important role for Outlaw Rogue. This means you need to decide which Azerite items you should choose. The traits are very close to each other in power, though, so we recommend our Azerite page for more details.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Patch 8.1: List of Known Issues
- New World of Warcraft Folder Structure
- Class Guides for World of Warcraft Patch 8.1
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 11th
- 8.1: Tides of Vengeance Is Now Live in the Americas
- Discipline Priest 8.0.1
- Arcane Mage 8.0.1
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1
- Enhancement Shaman 8.0.1
- Shaman Leveling Guide
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 7.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1