Outlaw Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we explain how to easily play Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
If you are new to the class or spec, it is best advised to start slow by starting with a straightforward build to get a better handle on the core mechanics and interactions. This build is only marginally worse than the most optimal way to play the spec, so there is no need to worry at all about potentially lagging behind fellow Rogue players while you get to know the foundations of Outlaw.
The Basics for Outlaw Rogue
Outlaw is a specialization that revolves around the management of several personal buffs. Once you acquire the correct types of buffs, you build Combo Points to unleash in powerful and bursty finishers. In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
If you are completely new to Outlaw Rogue and need more information on the abilities available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Talent Choice for Outlaw Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. While some talents can be better in certain situations, this build works very well in all types of content while being not nearly as punishing for unfamiliarity with the core principles of the spec.
- Level 15: Quick Draw
- Level 25: Acrobatic Strikes
- Level 30: Deeper Stratagem
- Level 35: Cheat Death
- Level 40: Dirty Tricks
- Level 45: Alacrity
- Level 50: Blade Rush
For more in-depth analysis on each of the talent choices and the reasoning behind the aforementioned build as the go-to for ease of use, check out the Talent section below.
Best Covenant, Soulbind and Conduits for Outlaw Rogue
We recommend selecting Night Fae as your Covenant and Niya as your Soulbind. Night Fae is a solid Covenant choice that further boosts your mobility and provides strong bonuses to your damage for single-target, cleave and AoE. It is good for both raids and Mythic+.
Choose these Conduits for your Outlaw Rogue:
- Potency: Count the Odds and Sleight of Hand.
- Finesse: Quick Decisions and Fade to Nothing.
- Endurance: Recuperator and Cloaked in Shadows.
You can find out more about all four Covenants, as well as all Soulbinds and Conduits in our comprehensive Covenant section:
Stat Choice for Outlaw Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike;
You can learn more about what each stat does for you and which stats are the best for each situation by heading to our stats page.
Legendary Choices for Outlaw Rogue
There is only one viable legendary choice for Outlaw Rogue, Celerity. It is by far the best for every situation. Mark of the Master Assassin can be used, albeit at a significant DPS loss, if you want to switch specializations frequently.
For more information on other legendary powers and a more detailed explanation as to why these are the best legendary powers available to Outlaw, check out our dedicated legendary page:
Basic Rotational Priority for Outlaw Rogue
- Use Killing Spree on cooldown.
- Use Adrenaline Rush on cooldown.
- Use Roll the Bones whenever it runs out, unless your current buff is either Grand Melee or Buried Treasure. If you have any of these buffs, re-roll as soon as Roll the Bones comes off cooldown.
- Maintain Slice and Dice.
- Use your Covenant ability on cooldown.
- Cast Sinister Strike to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Pistol Shot when you have an Opportunity proc to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Between the Eyes on cooldown when you have 4+ Combo Points.
- Cast Dispatch when you have 4+ Combo Points.
- Activate Blade Flurry if more than one target is present and stacked.
By following the link you will be able to find a more detailed version of this priority list for both single-target and AoE, as well as deeper explanation into some of the core concepts of Outlaw gameplay. If you'd like to know more about how to pool energy properly or how different talents require a different opener, check out the Rotation section of this guide.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands release, added Covenant, Legendary and Conduit recommendations, updated talent and stat suggestions.
- 28 Oct. 2020: Updated stat priority and essence recommendation.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Shadowlands User Metacritic Score Is... Problematic
- Doubleagent Is Back at It, Already Level 53
- Naxxramas and Changes to the Scourge Event in WoW Classic
- Naxxramas Movie Teaser by IKedit
- Collect 810 Soul Ash to Craft First Legendary Next Week
- Legendary Powers Catch-Up System in Shadowlands
- The Only Realm First Achievement of Shadowlands
- Glory of the Shadowlands Hero Has Already Been Completed