Outlaw Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we explain how to easily play Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
If you are new to the class or spec, it is best advised to start slow by starting with a straightforward build to get a better handle on the core mechanics and interactions. This build is only marginally worse than the most optimal way to play the spec, so there is no need to worry at all about potentially lagging behind fellow Rogue players while you get to know the foundations of Outlaw.
The Basics for Outlaw Rogue
Outlaw is a specialization that revolves around the management of several personal buffs and cooldowns. You will use generator abilities to build Combo Points to unleash in powerful and bursty finishers. In this section, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the number of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
If you are completely new to Outlaw Rogue and need more information on the abilities available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Talent Choice for Outlaw Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. While some talents can be better in certain situations, this build works very well in all types of content while being not nearly as punishing for unfamiliarity with the core principles of the spec.
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build ingame!
For a more in-depth analysis of each of the talent choices and the reasoning behind the aforementioned build as the go-to for ease of use, check out the Talent section below.
Stat Choice for Outlaw Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike;
You can learn more about what each stat does for you and which stats are the best for each situation by heading to our stats page.
Basic Rotational Priority for Outlaw Rogue
Always make sure to have Instant Poison applied.
- Use Adrenaline Rush on cooldown.
- Activate Blade Flurry if more than one target is present and stacked.
- Use Roll the Bones on cooldown unless you have either Skull and Crossbones already, or a 2-buff that contains Grand Melee (with the exception of Skull and Crossbones+Grand Melee, of course).
- Use Killing Spree (under 50 Energy) or Dreadblades on cooldown, depending on your choice.
- Cast Between the Eyes on cooldown when you have 6+ Combo Points.
- Maintain Slice and Dice.
- Cast Dispatch as your finisher when BtE and SnD are already active.
- Cast Ghostly Strike on cooldown.
- Use Shadow Dance on cooldown if talented.
- Cast Ambush if it is available to be cast from any procs or cooldowns.
- Cast Pistol Shot when you have an Opportunity proc and no Audacity proc to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Sinister Strike to generate Combo Points.
- Use Thistle Tea if you are missing at least 100 Energy.
You will want to use finishing moves at maximum Combo Points, unless you have the Broadside RtB buff active, or have an Opportunity proc.
By following the link you will be able to find a more detailed version of this priority list for both single-target and AoE, as well as a deeper explanation of some of the core concepts of Outlaw gameplay. If you would like to know more about how to pool energy properly or how different talents require a different opener, check out the Rotation section of this guide.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Clarified rotational priorities, updated recommended talent build.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated information on rotational priorities, RtB buffs and talent build.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd