Outlaw Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we explain how to easily play Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics for Outlaw Rogue
Outlaw is a specialization that revolves around the management of several personal buffs. Once you acquire the correct types of buffs, you build Combo Points to unleash in powerful and bursty finishers. In this section we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
Talent Choice for Outlaw Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. The talents recommended here aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Weaponmaster
- Level 30: Acrobatic Strikes
- Level 45: Vigor
- Level 60: Cheat Death
- Level 75: Dirty Tricks
- Level 90: Alacrity
- Level 100: Killing Spree
Stat Choice for Outlaw Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Essence Choice for Outlaw Rogue
Here are some of the top Essences to go for:
Basic Rotation for Outlaw Rogue
- Use Killing Spree on cooldown.
- Use Adrenaline Rush on cooldown.
- Cast Sinister Strike to generate Combo Points.
- Cast Pistol Shot when you have an Opportunity proc to generate Combo Points.
- Cast a 4-5 Combo Point Roll the Bones when your current buff is about to expire. Repeat until you get either Ruthless Precision, Grand Melee or two or more buffs at the same time.
- Cast Dispatch when you have 5+ Combo Points.
- Activate Blade Flurry if more than one target is present and stacked.
Azerite Traits play an important role for Outlaw Rogue. This means you need to decide which Azerite items you should choose. The traits are very close to each other in power, though, so we recommend our Azerite page for more details.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Page updated for Patch 8.3.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Level 90 recommendation changed to Alacrity; added basic Roll the Bones rule.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added recommended essences and updated stat priority.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question