How To Improve As Outlaw Rogue — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
1. Overcapping Resources
Since all of Outlaw's damage is tied to resources, it is important to waste as little of them as possible. You should make sure you do not find yourself being Energy capped or casting Combo Point generating abilities when at maximum Combo Points.
2. Not Utilizing Procs
Another big downfall is not using some of the temporary buffs to adjust your rotation: if you get Ruthless Precision you need to start using Between the Eyes, or making sure you consume your Opportunity procs with Pistol Shot. While those things might not seem big, they add up quickly.
3. Holding Cooldowns for Too Long
The only requirement for using Adrenaline Rush you have >1 second to energy cap.
4. Mismanaging Blade Flurry
Due to changes in Battle for Azeroth, it is no longer possible to have 100% uptime on Blade Flurry, due to this it is now much more important to manage those changes well. As such, one of the most important things is to know when you will be dealing with adds, or if it is constant AoE, if you are going to be getting more targets at some point. Because you want to get maximum damage gain from Blade Flurry you want to cover high enemy number count with as much uptime as possible, and use other accordingly. For example, if you are fighting 3 enemies, but know that 10 seconds from now 5 more enemies will spawn, you would want to pool your Blade Flurry charges, so that you can guarantee longest uptime for that segment (however, if those enemies die very quickly, you might not need to pool as much).
5. Not Knowing How To Sim Yourself
It is impossible to correctly play and optimize a Outlaw Rogue without using Raidbots to sim your own character, there are simply too many variables involved to intuitively figure out what gear to wear and so on without simming it first. Generally speaking, a simulation should be the first and final say in the gear you end up wearing for any given situation.
On top of this, simming is now very easy with no need to understand SimulationCraft APLs or installation yourself. All you will need is the in-game SimulationCraft AddOn, and the Raidbots website. Below you can find a video on how to sim your own character using the website.
6. Analyzing Your Mistakes as a Outlaw Rogue
When it comes to identifying and improving your mistakes, we strongly recommend the website WoWAnalyzer — it will analyze your logs and give you a report detailing how you did on the problems above and more.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 17th
- Winter Veil 2018 (December 16th - January 2nd)
- How the Secret Hivemind Mount Works
- The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Elemental Shaman 8.0.1
- New to Paladin help!
- Frost Death Knight 8.0.1
- Elemental Shaman PvP 7.2
- My horde dragonhawk died in the combat training??
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1