Outlaw Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Outlaw in Mythic+ stays almost the same in Battle for Azeroth. Your core gameplay is still doing pure single target rotation into the main target, and simply converting portion of the damage to cleave with Blade Flurry. As such, Outlaw is unable to gain single target damage from being able to AoE unlike Assassination or Subtlety, but it is the most straightforward in regards to converting its single target damage to AoE.
2. Rogue Shroud Skips
While at this stage many groups do different pulls due to different composition or preferences, some of the shroud skips in dungeons are still more common than others. As such, the most popular skips have been compiled on Shroud of Concealment Mythic+ guide for Rogues with diagrams showing each of the skips.
3. Outlaw Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Outlaw Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
3.1. Outlaw Rogue Utility
- Pick Lock allows you to bypass a number of trash packs in Tol Dagor, and open cells providing permanent buffs.
- Sap and Blind can be useful to hard crowd control multiple mobs in a single trash pack.
- Shroud of Concealment grants you AoE Stealth in a large radius. However, there are a lot more "see through stealth" enemies compared to previous expansions, so you need to know ahead of time if you can actually stealth past the packs you intend to skip.
- Feint, Cheat Death, Cloak of Shadows, Riposte, and Vanish make up an exceptionally strong combination of defensive abilities. While Vanish does not provide direct defensive value, you can use it to avoid a number of targeted casts, by waiting until the cast starts to Vanish.
- Tricks of the Trade is not particularly strong on regular weeks, but becomes very helpful on Skittish weeks, since it greatly helps with threat management.
- Between the Eyes became more potent in Battle for Azeroth, since a number of AoE stuns were pruned, and while it is single target, it is still one of the shortest cooldowns and longest duration stuns in game.
4. Mythic+ Talents for Outlaw Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Weaponmaster||✓ Quick Draw||✗ Ghostly Strike|
|30||✓ Acrobatic Strikes||✗ Retractable Hook||✓ Hit and Run|
|45||✓ Vigor||✗ Deeper Stratagem||? Marked for Death|
|60||✗ Iron Stomach||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|75||✗ Dirty Tricks||✓ Blinding Powder||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|90||✗ Loaded Dice||✓ Alacrity||✗ Slice and Dice|
|100||✓ Dancing Steel||✓ Blade Rush||? Killing Spree|
5. Mythic+ Affixes
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
5.1. Tier One Affixes
5.2. Tier Two Affixes
- Bolstering is fairly easy to manage as Outlaw, since you can easily swap targets, and you do same cleave to all targets. This makes it easy to keep mob health even.
- Sanguine weeks make it important to check prior to using Between the Eyes, as it can be very easy to accidentally stun inside a pool.
- Bursting debuff can be cleared off with Cloak of Shadows and prevent future applications for its duration. Due to this it is best to wait until a few enemies have died before using it.
5.3. Tier Three Affixes
- Quaking damage can be reduced by Feint, which will help your healers.
- Blade Flurry will not hit the Explosive Orbs from Explosive, so you need to make sure you are targeting them directly.
- During Skittish weeks you should be careful of pulling aggro and making sure that you use Tricks of the Trade on your tank prior to bursting, especially on AoE.
5.4. Seasonal Affix
Reaping is the seasonal affix for Season 2 of Battle for Azeroth. Reaping causes Souls to rise from the dead and attack the party at intervals of 20% completion on the Enemy Forces count. There are three different enemy types to be aware of.
- Risen Soul — They will apply Reap Soul to their current target, dealing 2% maximum health in damage every 3 seconds, per stack. This can be dispelled.
- Tormented Soul — They will cast Grave Bolt, which deals 25% maximum health in damage to the cast target. This cast can be interrupted.
- Lost Soul — They will cast Shadow Smash at their current target, a frontal cone ability that can be sidestepped. If you are hit by this, your maximum health will be reduced by 20% for 1 minute. Additionally, when Lost Souls die they will cast Expel Soul, spawning swirls on the ground that must be dodged. If you are hit by this, your damage and healing done will be reduced by 10% for 30 seconds.
This leads to a much more AoE-friendly environment and arguably more exciting. This means that every 20% Enemy Force completion you are going to get a big AoE pack coming in, which will force your group to work around pulls, and cooldown usage. This is especially good for Outlaw, as we scale extremely well in AoE environment, and no longer get punished by infested for not gaining single target DPS in AoE scenarios.
6. Mythic+ Azerite Traits
To learn how different Azerite traits perform on single-target and multi-target situations, refer to the Simulations page.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added affixes and utility descriptions.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (placeholder for now).
- Azshara's Eternal Palace Boss Video Preview
- Patch 8.2: Ankoan and Unshackled Waveray Mounts
- How to Get and Return to Mechagon & Nazjatar in Patch 8.2
- Upcoming Vision of Perfection Changes on 8.2 PTR for Brewmaster Monks & Guardian Druids
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Beast Mastery Hunter Pure Single Target Rotation
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Stat caps?
- Havoc Demon Hunter PvP 8.1.5
- Frost Death Knight 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?