Outlaw Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Outlaw in Mythic+ stays almost the same in Battle for Azeroth. Your core gameplay is still doing pure single target rotation into the main target, and simply converting portion of the damage to cleave with Blade Flurry. As such, Outlaw is unable to gain single target damage from being able to AoE unlike Assassination or Subtlety, but it is the most straightforward in regards to converting its single target damage to AoE.
Rogue Shroud Skips
While at this stage many groups do different pulls due to different composition or preferences, some of the shroud skips in dungeons are still more common than others. As such, the most popular skips have been compiled on Shroud of Concealment Mythic+ guide for Rogues with diagrams showing each of the skips.
Outlaw Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Outlaw Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Outlaw Rogue Utility
- Pick Lock allows you to bypass a number of trash packs in Tol Dagor, and open cells providing permanent buffs.
- Sap and Blind can be useful to hard crowd control multiple mobs in a single trash pack.
- Shroud of Concealment grants you AoE Stealth in a large radius. However, there are a lot more "see through stealth" enemies compared to previous expansions, so you need to know ahead of time if you can actually stealth past the packs you intend to skip.
- Feint, Cheat Death, Cloak of Shadows, Riposte, and Vanish make up an exceptionally strong combination of defensive abilities. While Vanish does not provide direct defensive value, you can use it to avoid a number of targeted casts, by waiting until the cast starts to Vanish.
- Tricks of the Trade is not particularly strong on regular weeks, but becomes very helpful on Skittish weeks, since it greatly helps with threat management.
- Between the Eyes became more potent in Battle for Azeroth, since a number of AoE stuns were pruned, and while it is single target, it is still one of the shortest cooldowns and longest duration stuns in game.
Mythic+ Talents for Outlaw Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Weaponmaster||✓ Quick Draw||✗ Ghostly Strike|
|30||✓ Acrobatic Strikes||✗ Retractable Hook||✓ Hit and Run|
|45||✓ Vigor||✗ Deeper Stratagem||? Marked for Death|
|60||✗ Iron Stomach||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|75||✗ Dirty Tricks||✓ Blinding Powder||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|90||✗ Loaded Dice||✓ Alacrity||✗ Slice and Dice|
|100||✓ Dancing Steel||✓ Blade Rush||? Killing Spree|
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
Tier One Affixes
Tier Two Affixes
- Bolstering is fairly easy to manage as Outlaw, since you can easily swap targets, and you do same cleave to all targets. This makes it easy to keep mob health even.
- Sanguine weeks make it important to check prior to using Between the Eyes, as it can be very easy to accidentally stun inside a pool.
- Bursting debuff can be cleared off with Cloak of Shadows and prevent future applications for its duration. Due to this it is best to wait until a few enemies have died before using it.
Tier Three Affixes
- Quaking damage can be reduced by Feint, which will help your healers.
- Blade Flurry will not hit the Explosive Orbs from Explosive, so you need to make sure you are targeting them directly.
- During Skittish weeks you should be careful of pulling aggro and making sure that you use Tricks of the Trade on your tank prior to bursting, especially on AoE.
Beguiling adds new enemies that spawn in fixed locations of the dungeon.
- Void-Touched Emissary — This is the priority target and should be burned down as fast as possible. Every cast that goes off applies a debuff that increases the damage taken by 50% from that cast, thus you want to find a spot where you will be able to line of sight the cast prior to pulling, as the later casts will have the potential to one-shot you.
- Enchanted Emissary — This reflects the damage you deal to the mobs near it. After 20 seconds, it will teleport away.
- Emissary of the Tides — This provides CC immunity to mobs near it, but it can be CC'd at a reduced duration. Due to this, you will most likely need assistance from other group members to keep it CC'd the entire time.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
To learn how different Azerite traits perform on single-target and multi-target situations, refer to the Simulations page.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added a section on Season 3's affix.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added affixes and utility descriptions.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (placeholder for now).
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk