Outlaw Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Shadowlands 9.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2.
Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Outlaw in Mythic+ is almost exactly the same as your regular single-target rotation. As almost all of your damage cleaves onto additional targets whenever Blade Flurry is active, maintaining a high uptime on Blade Flurry without wasting it when enemies are about to die, is key to performing well as Outlaw. As such, there are no major gameplay changes, and your stat priority, rotational priorities, as well as legendary and Covenant benefits stay the same for Mythic+.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Rogue Shroud Skips
While at this stage many groups do different pulls due to different composition or preferences, some of the shroud skips in dungeons are still more common than others. As such, the most popular skips have been compiled on Shroud of Concealment Mythic+ guide for Rogues with diagrams showing each of the skips.
Mark of the Master Assassin is very competitive on trash, in particular due to the frequent re-stealths you will be getting between packs. It is, however, weaker on single-target and as the seasonal affix Prideful requires a lot of single-target and priority damage, Celerity still wins out overall.
Mythic+ Covenant and Conduits
For your Conduits you will want to play the following setup:
- Potency: Count the Odds and Sleight of Hand.
- Finesse: Fade to Nothing and Quick Decisions.
- Endurance: Cloaked in Shadows and Recuperator.
There is no Covenant that outperforms all the others in Mythic+. While there are certain benefits to individual Soulbinds or Covenant abilities, they are all highly situational and their impact is ultimately very small. DPS differences are usually within a margin of 2-4% and can shift quickly based on the type of fight you find yourself in.
It is, therefore, recommended to just pick whatever Covenant you prefer, whether it is for thematic or cosmetic reasons, or because you prefer the way a certain Covenant Class ability plays. For more information on each individual Covenant and a general recommendation, you can head over to our dedicated Covenant section to find out more about each individual covenant.
Night Fae and Korayn's First Strike
There is one exception to this, that will not occur until very high Renown levels. As it currently stands, Night Fae will have a significant advantage at higher Renown levels, in particular due to the Korayn Soulbind and her First Strike ability. It vastly outperforms any other Covenant or Soulbind choice. It is widely believed that there will be a tuning pass that will adjust this Soulbinds power. As it is still multiple months until you can gain access to Korayn and this ability, it is not recommended to base your Covenant choice on its current implementation.
Outlaw Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Outlaw Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Outlaw currently serves as more of a utility/support spec and is very sought after for its ability to disrupt enemies by utilizing Gouge. Since your entire single-target output will be spread on all nearby targets the moment you use Blade Flurry the rotational gameplay does not change all that much. Good use of your disruptive abilities is the key to excelling as an Outlaw Rogue and learning when to use Combo Points on Kidney Shot because an important cast needs to be interrupted soon can be beneficial for the group, at the detriment of lowering your overall DPS a bit. This sacrifice is well worth it, however, whenever it allows the rest of the group to focus on other things while you do the heavy lifting on disrupts and interrupts.
Learning and communicating which abilities you will have to disrupt and how to achieve this most efficiently will be key to fulfilling your duties while also maintaining a high overall DPS that is still one of the strongest in the game. While DPS is not your main priority, knowing when you are free to use resources for DPS instead of holding onto them to use on disrupting abilities is a learning process that differs from dungeon to dungeon and from pull to pull. Always remember that it is better to do a little bit less DPS than to miss an important disrupt that could potentially wipe your group.
Outlaw Rogue Utility
- Gouge can be used to disrupt enemies from casting otherwise uninterruptible spells. This requires you to stand in front of the enemy, but can be used in many situations to keep enemies from using some of their most lethal abilities. Many of these abilities go on cooldown once used, so disrupting them with Gouge, Kidney Shot or Blind will keep these mobs from re-casting these abilities for a while.
- Pick Lock allows you to bypass a number of trash packs in Tol Dagor, and open cells providing permanent buffs.
- Sap and Blind can be useful to hard crowd control multiple mobs in a single trash pack.
- Shroud of Concealment grants you AoE Stealth in a large radius. However, there are a lot more "see through stealth" enemies compared to previous expansions, so you need to know ahead of time if you can actually stealth past the packs you intend to skip.
- Feint, Cheat Death, Cloak of Shadows, Riposte, and Vanish make up an exceptionally strong combination of defensive abilities. While Vanish does not provide direct defensive value, you can use it to avoid a number of targeted casts, by waiting until the cast starts to Vanish.
- Tricks of the Trade is not particularly strong on regular weeks, but becomes very helpful on Skittish weeks, since it greatly helps with threat management.
Mythic+ Talents for Outlaw Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Weaponmaster||✓ Quick Draw||✗ Ghostly Strike|
|25||✓ Acrobatic Strikes||? Retractable Hook||✗ Hit and Run|
|30||✗ Vigor||? Deeper Stratagem||✓ Marked for Death|
|35||✗ Iron Stomach||✓ Cheat Death||? Elusiveness|
|40||? Dirty Tricks||✗ Blinding Powder||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|45||✗ Loaded Dice||✓ Alacrity||✗ Dreadblades|
|50||? Dancing Steel||✓ Blade Rush||✗ Killing Spree|
Blade Rush is strictly superior to Dancing Steel in terms of DPS, but Dancing Steel can help maintain higher uptime on Blade Flurry. We recommend using Blade Rush and adjusting in case you notice your Blade Flurry uptime is too low.
Marked for Death outperforms the other options in the same tier even when not getting optimal resets on a consistent basis, but it is much more complex to play. It is only recommended to play Marked for Death when you are already familiar and comfortable with the general Outlaw gameplay in Mythic+ dungeons.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
Tier One Affixes
Tier Two Affixes
- Bolstering is fairly easy to manage as Outlaw, since you can easily swap targets, and you do same cleave to all targets. This makes it easy to keep mob health even.
- Sanguine weeks make it important to check prior to using Between the Eyes, as it can be very easy to accidentally stun inside a pool.
- Bursting debuff can be cleared off with Cloak of Shadows and prevent future applications for its duration. Due to this it is best to wait until a few enemies have died before using it.
- Sap and Blind are useful tools to keep Inspired enemies controlled during Inspiring weeks.
- Using Pistol Shot can help to kite the adds that fixate you during Spiteful weeks.
Tier Three Affixes
- Quaking damage can be reduced by Feint, which will help your healers.
- Blade Flurry will not hit the Explosive Orbs from Explosive, but hitting the Orbs themselves will allow your Blade Flurry to hit all surrounding non-orb targets, so you need to make sure you are targeting them directly. Running Vigor instead of Deeper Stratagem can be helpful to not get overwhelmed with Explosive Orbs if you catch yourself running out of energy too often.
- Storming can be avoided by using Cloak of Shadows.
Season 4 Affix: Prideful
Whenever you get the Belligerent Boast debuff, it is advised to just stand still as everybody else positions themselves correctly to not get hit.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Added Legendary and Covenant sections.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated introduction to Outlaw for Mythic+.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands release, added new Mythic+ affixes and updated talent recommendations.
- 24 Oct. 2020: Updated talent recommendations based on newest simulations and theorycrafting research.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day