Outlaw Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.1
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Outlaw in Mythic+ is almost exactly the same as your regular single-target rotation. As almost all of your damage cleaves onto additional targets whenever Blade Flurry is active, maintaining a high uptime on Blade Flurry without wasting it when enemies are about to die is key to performing well as Outlaw.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1 page below.
Mythic+ Talents for Outlaw Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are the highest DPS-enhancing talents, but some of them can be replaced for useful utility, like replacing Cold Blood with Gouge. Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build ingame!
Outlaw Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Outlaw Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Outlaw currently serves as more of a utility/support spec and is very sought after for its ability to disrupt enemies by utilizing Gouge and Kidney Shot. Since your entire single-target output will be spread on all nearby targets the moment you use Blade Flurry, the rotational gameplay does not change all that much. Good use of your disruptive abilities is the key to excelling as an Outlaw Rogue and learning when to use Combo Points on Kidney Shot because an important cast needs to be interrupted soon can be beneficial for the group, at the detriment of lowering your overall DPS a bit. This sacrifice is well worth it, however, whenever it allows the rest of the group to focus on other things while you do the heavy lifting on disrupts and interrupts.
Learning and communicating which abilities you will have to disrupt and how to achieve this most efficiently will be key to fulfilling your duties while also maintaining a high overall DPS that is still one of the strongest in the game. While DPS is not your main priority, knowing when you are free to use resources for DPS instead of holding onto them to use on disrupting abilities is a learning process that differs from dungeon to dungeon and from pull to pull. Always remember that it is better to do a little bit less DPS than to miss an important disrupt that could potentially wipe your group.
Outlaw Rogue Utility
- Gouge can be used to disrupt enemies from casting otherwise uninterruptible spells. This requires you to stand in front of the enemy, but can be used in many situations to keep enemies from using some of their most lethal abilities. Many of these abilities go on cooldown once used, so disrupting them with Gouge, Kidney Shot or Blind will keep these mobs from re-casting these abilities for a while.
- Sap and Blind can be useful to hard crowd control multiple mobs in a single trash pack.
- Shroud of Concealment grants you AoE Stealth in a large radius. However, there are a lot more "see through stealth" enemies compared to previous expansions, so you need to know ahead of time if you can actually stealth past the packs you intend to skip.
- Feint, Cheat Death, Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, and Vanish make up an exceptionally strong combination of defensive abilities. While Vanish does not provide direct defensive value, you can use it to avoid a number of targeted casts, by waiting until the cast starts to Vanish.
- Tricks of the Trade greatly helps with Threat management.
- Shiv can be used to dispell enrage effects.
- Numbing Poison and Atrophic Poison are both useful in Mythic+, but with the heavier emphasis on trash mobs, Numbing Poison is likely to win out.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at levels two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
Tier One Affixes
There is not much to say about Fortified and Tyrannical. The most important part is to ensure that you have all your single-target cooldowns ready whenever you fight any boss.
Tier Two Affixes
- Storming can be avoided by using Cloak of Shadows.
- Entangling can be removed with Vanish, Cloak of Shadows or by simply running away from the center of the area.
- Incorporeal enemies can be CCed by all your crowd control abilities. Use your Gouge, Kidney Shot and Blind wisely!
Tier Three Affixes
- Bolstering and Sanguine are fairly easy to manage as Outlaw, as you can easily swap targets and still do the same cleave to all remaining enemies targets. This makes it easy to keep mob Health even by always targeting the highest health enemy. Sometimes it might be advisable to not refresh Blade Flurry to avoid an early trashmob death that could cause problematic Sanguine or Bolstering procs.
- Bursting debuff can be cleared off with Cloak of Shadows and prevent future applications for its duration. Due to this it is best to wait until a few enemies have died before using it.
- Use Shiv to dispell the Raging affix.
- You can use Evasion when fixated by a Spiteful enemy, or control them with a well-placed Kidney Shot.
There is no seasonal affix in Dragonflight Season 2. Rejoice!
- 01 May 2023: Updated tips and tricks for Patch 10.1 Affix changes.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated talent build recommendation.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite