Outlaw Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Outlaw Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Outlaw in Mythic+ stays almost the same in Battle for Azeroth. Your core gameplay is still doing pure single target rotation into the main target, and simply converting portion of the damage to cleave with Blade Flurry. Thanks to Keep Your Wits About You, hitting multiple targets with Blade Flurry increases your damage to the main target by granting you more Opportunity and extra Sinister Strike procs.
If you are unfamiliar with Mythic+ and its associated general mechanics, you can read more about it on our dedicated Mythic+ page below.
Rogue Shroud Skips
While at this stage many groups do different pulls due to different composition or preferences, some of the shroud skips in dungeons are still more common than others. As such, the most popular skips have been compiled on Shroud of Concealment Mythic+ guide for Rogues with diagrams showing each of the skips.
Outlaw Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Outlaw Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Outlaw Rogue Utility
- Gouge can be used to disrupt enemies from casting otherwise uninterruptible spells. This requires you to stand in front of the enemy, but can be used in many situations to keep enemies from using some of their most lethal abilities. Many of these abilities go on cooldown once used, so disrupting them with Gouge, Between the Eyes or Blind will keep these mobs from re-casting these abilities for a while.
- Pick Lock allows you to bypass a number of trash packs in Tol Dagor, and open cells providing permanent buffs.
- Sap and Blind can be useful to hard crowd control multiple mobs in a single trash pack.
- Shroud of Concealment grants you AoE Stealth in a large radius. However, there are a lot more "see through stealth" enemies compared to previous expansions, so you need to know ahead of time if you can actually stealth past the packs you intend to skip.
- Feint, Cheat Death, Cloak of Shadows, Riposte, and Vanish make up an exceptionally strong combination of defensive abilities. While Vanish does not provide direct defensive value, you can use it to avoid a number of targeted casts, by waiting until the cast starts to Vanish.
- Tricks of the Trade is not particularly strong on regular weeks, but becomes very helpful on Skittish weeks, since it greatly helps with threat management.
- Between the Eyes became more potent in Battle for Azeroth, since a number of AoE stuns were pruned, and while it is single target, it is still one of the shortest cooldowns and longest duration stuns in game.
Mythic+ Talents for Outlaw Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Weaponmaster||✓ Quick Draw||✗ Ghostly Strike|
|30||✓ Acrobatic Strikes||✗ Retractable Hook||✗ Hit and Run|
|45||? Vigor||✓ Deeper Stratagem||✗ Marked for Death|
|60||✗ Iron Stomach||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|75||✗ Dirty Tricks||✗ Blinding Powder||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|90||✗ Loaded Dice||✓ Alacrity||✗ Slice and Dice|
|100||✓ Dancing Steel||? Blade Rush||✗ Killing Spree|
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
Tier One Affixes
Tier Two Affixes
- Bolstering is fairly easy to manage as Outlaw, since you can easily swap targets, and you do same cleave to all targets. This makes it easy to keep mob health even.
- Sanguine weeks make it important to check prior to using Between the Eyes, as it can be very easy to accidentally stun inside a pool.
- Bursting debuff can be cleared off with Cloak of Shadows and prevent future applications for its duration. Due to this it is best to wait until a few enemies have died before using it.
Tier Three Affixes
- Quaking damage can be reduced by Feint, which will help your healers.
- Blade Flurry will not hit the Explosive Orbs from Explosive, but hitting the Orbs themselves will allow your Blade Flurry to hit all surrounding non-orb targets, so you need to make sure you are targeting them directly.
- During Skittish weeks you should be careful of pulling aggro and making sure that you use Tricks of the Trade on your tank prior to bursting, especially on AoE.
Season 4 Affix: Awakened
For general information about Awakened, see our general Mythic+ guide.
Mythic+ Azerite Traits
To learn how different Azerite traits perform on single-target and multi-target situations, refer to the Simulations page.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Page updated for Patch 8.3.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added section on Gouge, updated Tides/Enchanted emissary descriptions.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added a section on Season 3's affix.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added affixes and utility descriptions.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (placeholder for now).
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled