Outlaw Rogue DPS Spell Summary — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.
1. Outlaw Rogue Spell Summary
If you are new to Outlaw, it is recommended you read this before proceeding! In this section we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for within the specialization, and how they interact with important cooldowns. If you have played this spec before or have already achieved a level of comfort playing this spec in a practical environment, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
2. Main Resources for Outlaw Rogue
Energy is the main resource of Outlaw Rogues. Energy is generated passively, the rate of which can be increased by Haste, active abilities, talents, and procs.
Combo Points are another primary resource utilized by Outlaw Rogues. Some of your abilities generate Combo Points, while finishing moves spend them, dealing increased damage per Combo Point. You can generate additional Combo Points through passives and Roll the Bones buffs. Combo Point management is very important to maintaining your abilities and maximizing burst.
3. Basic Abilities for Outlaw Rogue
These abilities are available no matter what talents you chose, and form the bread and butter of this specialization.
Sinister Strike is your main filler and Combo Point generator. It deals moderate damage and generates 1 Combo Point each time it strikes. It has a 35% chance to strike an additional time, which also procs Opportunity.
Dispatch is your main damaging finishing move. It consumes Combo Points and has increased damage per point.
Roll the Bones is a finishing move that generates a random buff(s), the most important of which is True Bearing, because it allows you to reduce the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush. This is explained in great detail in the rotation section of the guide. You should maintain a Roll the Bones buff at all times.
Blade Flurry causes all your melee abilities and auto attacks to cleave for 45% of their damage to targets around you, at the cost of 15 Energy. This generally should be lined up with times when you have most enemies present, with the excess spent at the off-peak.
4. Important Procs for Outlaw Rogue
Opportunity procs off of extra Sinister Strike strikes and grants a 50% energy cost reduction on the use of Pistol Shot. This is the only time you should use Pistol Shot as a part of the regular rotation.
Ruthlessness causes finishing moves to have a 20% chance per Combo Point consumed to return a Combo Point.
Mastery: Main Gauche gives your main-hand attacks a chance to trigger an attack with your off-hand.
Combat Potency gives your off-hand attacks a chance to generate energy.
Restless Blades causes finishing moves to reduce cooldown on many of your abilities by 1 second per Combo Point spent.
5. DPS Cooldowns for Outlaw Rogue
Adrenaline Rush increases Energy regeneration by 60% and increases attacks speed by 20% for 20 seconds, on a 3-minute cooldown. This should be used on cooldown for increased burst.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- Eternal Palace Race Day 2: 5/8, Method and Limit Exchanging the Lead
- Quick LFR Wing 1 Tips from WoW Instagram
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 17th
- WoW Classic Global Stress Test Postponed
- World First Glory of the Eternal Raider Completed
- Eternal Palace Race Day 1: 3/8 Down, Ashvane Stands + Kill Videos
- Not a Bug List Updated with Many Issues
- Conflict and Strife Rank 2 Hotfix Now Live
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Essence Guide
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5
- Priest Leveling Guide