Outlaw Rogue DPS Spell Summary — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Rogue spells.
Outlaw Rogue Spell Summary
If you are new to Outlaw, it is recommended you read this before proceeding! In this section we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for within the specialization, and how they interact with important cooldowns. If you have played this spec before or have already achieved a level of comfort playing this spec in a practical environment, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
Main Resources for Outlaw Rogue
Energy is the main resource of Outlaw Rogues. Energy is generated passively, the rate of which can be increased by Haste, active abilities, talents, and procs.
Combo Points are another primary resource utilized by Outlaw Rogues. Some of your abilities generate Combo Points, while finishing moves spend them, dealing increased damage per Combo Point. You can generate additional Combo Points through passives and Roll the Bones buffs. Combo Point management is very important to maintaining your abilities and maximizing burst.
This page lists all the abilities that are available to you on a max level character. If you have just started your journey by leveling a new Rogue, you can head over to our leveling section to learn more about when you get access to these abilities on your way to max level.
Basic Abilities for Outlaw Rogue
These abilities are available no matter what talents you chose, and form the bread and butter of this specialization.
Sinister Strike is your main filler and Combo Point generator. It deals moderate damage and generates 1 Combo Point each time it strikes. It has a 35% chance to strike an additional time, which grants 1 additional Combo Point and also procs Opportunity.
Dispatch is your main damaging finishing move. It consumes Combo Points and has increased damage per point.
Between the Eyes is your secondary damaging finishing move which has a 20-yard range. It has a 45-second cooldown and it increases your critical strike chance against the target by 20%. Critical Strikes with this ability deal 400% additional damage, and the duration of the critical strike chance increase scales with the amount of Combo Points used.
Roll the Bones is a 45-second cooldown ability that grants you one or multiple spec-specific buffs. The buffs are explained in greater detail in the rotation section of the guide. You should maintain a Roll the Bones buff at all times.
Slice and Dice is a finishing move that increases your attack speed by 50%. This increases the damage of your melee attacks as well as giving you more poison and Combat Potency procs on your main-target.
Blade Flurry deals minor AoE damage and causes all your single-target abilities and auto attacks to cleave for 40% of their damage to targets around you, at the cost of 15 Energy. It is on a 30-second cooldown..
For more information on how to use these abilities together in your rotation, please read our rotation page.
Important Procs for Outlaw Rogue
Opportunity procs off of extra Sinister Strike strikes and grants a 50% energy cost reduction on the use of Pistol Shot. This is the only time you should use Pistol Shot as a part of the regular rotation.
Ruthlessness causes finishing moves to have a 20% chance per Combo Point consumed to return a Combo Point.
Mastery: Main Gauche gives your main-hand attacks a chance to trigger an attack with your off-hand.
Combat Potency gives your off-hand attacks a chance to generate energy.
Restless Blades causes finishing moves to reduce cooldown on many of your abilities by 1 second per Combo Point spent.
DPS Cooldowns for Outlaw Rogue
Adrenaline Rush increases Energy regeneration by 60%, attack speed by 20% and your maximum Energy by 50 for 20 seconds, on a 3-minute cooldown. This should be used on cooldown for increased burst.
Dreadblades deals initial damage and applies a buff to you that allows all your Combo Point builders to generate the maximum amount of Combo Points in a single hit while consuming 5% of your current health whenever you use a finishing move.
Killing Spree causes you to strike a target that is close to you 5 times over the course of 2 seconds. This ability will teleport you every time you hit, following your target even when they try to move away from you.
For more information on Talent choices and which ones to pick you can head over to the Talents and Builds section of this Guide.
Defensive Cooldowns for Outlaw Rogue
- Feint reduces AoE damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds, for only 35 Energy. When talented into Elusiveness, it also reduces all other damage by 30%. Feint is fantastic for dealing with predictable raid damage, even if it has a 15-second cooldown now.
- Cloak of Shadows provides magic immunity for 1 second, followed by 4 seconds where all spells will miss you. Cloak of Shadows has a variety of uses, both pre-emptive and reactive, such as solo soaking mechanics or clearing debuffs that would force you out of melee range.
- Evasion increases your Dodge chance by 100% for 10 seconds. This can be useful if you have to tank some adds or the boss for a few seconds. Successfully doding an attack will trigger Mastery: Main Gauche.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands release, updated descriptions for new and upgraded abilities.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Druid Cheetah Travel Form Jump Animation on the 9.1 PTR
- The Infinite Pirate Dragon Boss Preview: Will It Be a Mount?
- Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes: April 19th
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 19th
- WoW Classic Patch 1.13.7 Patch Notes
- Great Tips for Getting the Slime Serpent Secret Mount
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 6: Assassination's Slow and Steady Rise
- Pro Tip: Do Not Waste Your Polished Pet Charms on Pet Portals