Outlaw Rogue DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Outlaw Rogue, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Combat Rogue gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Outlaw Rogue
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and phials to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Outlaw Rogue, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Outlaw Rogue
You should use Resplendent Illimited Diamond or Inscribed Illimited Diamond in one of your sockets and either Radiant Malygite in your other sockets.
You can use Tiered Medallion Setting to add up to 3 socket slots to your necklace.
Best Enchants for Outlaw Rogue
Whether you choose to enchant your gear with Avoidance, Leech, or Speed is up to you. Leech will allow you to gain some additional passive healing while you do damage, Avoidance reduces the damage taken by Area-of-Effect spells, similar to Feint, and Speed simply increases your movement speed. For Raid Progression, movement-speed is often underrated and can be a minor DPS increase if it allows you to reach your target faster.
It is always recommended to sim yourself to find out what enchants provide the best benefit to you individually.
Best Primordial Stone Gems for Outlaw Rogue
While the Onyx Annulet was introduced prior to Patch 10.1, the annulet is going to remain your BiS ring for the entirety of Patch 10.1. It is highly recommended to acquire it, even if you've just returned for 10.1, and it will only take you a few hours to get all the gems at the highest item level possible.
These are generally considered to be the best gems, but it is highly recommended to sim yourself to figure out the best choices and combinations for your specific gear and the specific gems and other rings you already own:
- For raid, you will want to play Freezing Ice Stone, Prophetic Twilight Stone and Desirous Blood Stone
- For Mythic+/AoE, you will want to play Prophetic Twilight Stone, Desirous Blood Stone and Storm Infused Stone
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Consumables for Outlaw Rogue
With Dragonflight, You can now change talents anywhere and no longer need a consumable to do so, so there are no tomes to worry about!
Best Phials and Potions for Outlaw
Phial of Tepid Versatility should be used in all fights that do not allow you to remain stationary for long periods. Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the better choice if you can reach reasonably high uptimes of 70% or more, which is very dependent on the boss. You will also take more damage while the Versatility phial will make you take less damage, so it is typically recommended to go with Versatility.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or its lesser Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended potion both before combat as a "pre-pot" and during most fights. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power, so long as you have five Primal Chaos to convert into potions.
Refreshing Healing Potion acts as your healing potion. Each use will incur a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight.
Healthstones do not share a cooldown with health potions. This means that players should always use Refreshing Healing Potions and Healthstones whenever available. The Potion provides much better Healing than a Healthstone.
Alchemy offers several utility potions as well, and some of them can still help you deal with a boss while dead. Residual Neural Channeling Agent shares a cooldown with regular potions, but if you do not expect to receive a combat resurrection anytime soon, you should go ahead and use one to help the rest of the raid/group.
Best Food for Outlaw
If available, Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak/ Hoard of Draconic Delicacies or Fated Fortune Cookie is your food of choice for some additional Agility. Otherwise, Revenge, Served Cold is the best food for more Critical Strike and Versatility.
Additional, Optional Consumables
While they are not as necessary for success in areas of content as phials, potions and food, there are some additional consumables available for a small amount of extra temporary power for your character.
Weapon Runes function similarly to Weapon Oils of previous expansions, applying a temporary buff to your weapon that is not removed on death. In Dragonflight, you will want to use Buzzing Rune for Critical Strike.
- 06 Jun. 2023: Added Belt Clasp and Lambent Armor Kit as alternative Leg Enchant. Added Corrupting Rage Phial discussion.
- 01 May 2023: Page reviewed for Patch 10.1. Updated Onyx Annulet recommendations.
- 26 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Gem recommendations for latest hotfixes.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated stat prio and Fortune Cookie food buff.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5
- Twitch Revises Branded Content Guidelines After Backlash
- Welcome Back Gear Gift for Unplayed Characters in 10.1.5
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 6th
- Mythic+ Now Has Extra Affixes (Bug)
- Dragonflight 10.1.5 PTR Notes: June 6th
- Blizzard on Catalyst Quest Becoming Available Earlier Than Expected
- Mythic+ Dungeons Re-Enabled on Live Servers