Retribution Paladin DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Retribution Paladin for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This page will focus primarily on how a Retribution Paladin can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in Crucible of Storms, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses.
Retribution Paladin in Crucible of Storms
Both of the encounters favor ranged, multi-DoT specs, but compared to other melee specs, Retribution will do comparably well.
Right after the first Light's Decree Azerite trait, you want to have a single Empyrean Power Azerite trait for the Crucible of Storms encounters. The first Empyrean Power trait gives you the most additional free cleave damage, while also providing viable single-target damage.
Due to the raid hostility mechanics of the Crucible of Storm encounters, Divine Storm and Wake of Ashes should be used with care.
The Restless Cabal
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on The Restless Cabal
- Keep a defensive cooldown ready in case you have to run out the raid with the Crushing Doubt debuff and you are not fully healed.
- Heal yourself before the Void Stone phase starts, just in case you did not get fully healed. You can use Lay on Hands if someone drops into a critically low level of Health right before the Void Stone phase starts.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
Retribution Paladin Playstyle on Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
- Interrupt the Consume Essence cast from the Primordial Mindbender with Rebuke.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 May 2019: Added Mythic notes.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
More Paladin Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Upgrade Ranks Added for Mythic Gear in Patch 10.1.5
- Twitch Revises Branded Content Guidelines After Backlash
- Welcome Back Gear Gift for Unplayed Characters in 10.1.5
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 6th
- Mythic+ Now Has Extra Affixes (Bug)
- Dragonflight 10.1.5 PTR Notes: June 6th
- Blizzard on Catalyst Quest Becoming Available Earlier Than Expected
- Mythic+ Dungeons Re-Enabled on Live Servers