Protection Paladin Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Protection Paladin before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Protection Paladin
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Protection Paladin in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Protection Paladin Setup for Torghast
Best Protection Paladin Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will acquire Anima Powers. These will be multiple choice windows and each of these will increase your power in Torghast in some capacity. Some choices however will be better than others for your current situation within Torghast. Below is a ranked tier list to help you get the most out of your Anima Powers. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
It should be noted that a lot of these choices can come down to personal playstyle and preference and you should choose what is best for you personally.
Torghast is meant to be flexible and fun, this is just a rough guideline so do not feel like you NEED to use these recommendations or you won't be able to complete your run, try things out and see how they go for you for the best results. For a complete list of Anima Powers for Paladin, please use the buttons below.
Great Anima Powers for Protection Paladin
- Ancient Writ of Order
- Badge of the Mad Paragon
- Blood Beacon (very powerful when stacked)
- Faintly Glowing Ember
- Gavel of True Judgment (works on bosses)
- Golden Plume
- Pendrake's Visor
- Ring of Unburdening
- Shattered Gauntlet
- Shard of Milkglass (value goes down in group play)
- Small Smooth Spike
- Soulforged Censer
- Words of Incomprehensible Glory
- Highlord's Cypher (allows you to have Holy Shield and Blessed Hammer)
- Highlord's Gift (allows you to have Soaring Shield and Crusader's Judgment)
- Highlord's Legacy (allows you to have Divine Purpose and Holy Avenger)
- Highlord's Ultimatum (allows you to have Sanctified Wrath and Righteous Protector)
Good Anima Powers for Protection Paladin
- Coldheart Plume
- Mark of Conk-quest
- Of Dusk and Dawn
- Soulsteel Hasp (value goes up on higher floors)
- Soul-Touched Spurs
- Soul-Touched Reins
- Theory of Justice
- Vestige of Hope
- Winged Medallion (value goes up if you clear floors fast)
- Highlord's Invocation (Allows you to have Unbreakable Spirit and Blessing of Spellwarding)
- Highlord's Lesson (allows you to have Fist of Justice and Repentance or Blinding Light)
Average Anima Powers for Protection Paladin
- Defiled Prayer Beads (is more powerful if you are Night Fae)
- Pendrake's Locket (value goes up in group play)
- Pendrake's Shattered Aegis (value goes up in group play)
- Pendrake's Brooch (value goes up in group play)
- Radiant Essence
- Thread of Beads
- Highlord's Mythos (allows you to have Hand of the Protector and Consecrated Ground or Judgment of Light - only has value in group play)
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Protection Paladin
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate the Anima Powers you can purchase with Phantasma, but they are generally better than the "Average" Anima powers.
Protection Paladin Playstyle for Torghast
Protection Paladin is quite strong for Torghast, in either group or solo content you will comfortably be able to progress through the tower with very few limiting factors. Your playstyle will not differ much from normal Mythic+/Raid in Torghast.
- Use Line of Sight to your advantage. This can be incredibly handy if there are multiple caster mobs that you wish to stack up and cleave together.
- Use Avenger's Shield, Rebuke, Blinding Light, and Hammer of Justice to actively to interrupt/disrupt dangerous monsters.
- Use the perks you pick up on the way as they are incredibly valuable.
Covenant-specific Information for Protection Paladin in Torghast
- You can use Door of Shadows to cross gaps, get on top of terrain, skip dangerous mobs etc.
- Ashen Hallow is great to use on more dangerous foes to dispatch them faster. Make use of the bonus damage to Hammer of Wrath!
There are also Venthyr-specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst.
- Hallowed Silverglass — Triggers the damage/healing effect when you use Hammer of Justice or Judgment.
- Hallowed Candle — Makes Ashen Hallow even more powerful when there are fewer targets (boss floors).
- Undead Bone Ash — Cooldown reduction on Ashen Hallow when you use Hammer of Wrath.
- Summon your Summon Steward often to get Phial of Serenity.
- Your Summon Steward can also be used to change your talents mid-floor.
- Divine Toll will interrupt all mobs hit!
There are also Kyrian-specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst.
- Belt of the Mawsworn Avenger — Divine Toll is cast at the start and end of Avenging Wrath. A must have power when available.
- Ember of the Carillon — Reduces the cooldown of Divine Toll by 10 seconds.
- Big Clapper — Stuns every enemy within 30 yards for 3 seconds when you cast Divine Toll.
- Make good use of your Soulshape to move around Torghast.
- Remember to keep your Blessing of the Seasons buff going between packs.
There are also Night Fae-specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst.
- Pristine Fallen Leaf — Increases the duration of Blessing of Autumn by 100%.
- Dried Fire Flower — Increases the damage from Blessing of Summer by 100%.
- Calibrated Sextant — When you use Blessing of the Seasons you gain 300 of a secondary stat. Summer = Crit. Autumn = Haste. Winter = Versatility. Spring = Mastery.
- Take some time between packs of enemies to use Fleshcraft.
- Aim to keep your Shining Light buff active between packs to have more free casts of Word of Glory to trigger the benefits of Vanquisher's Hammer.
There are also Necrolord-specific Anima Powers ranked from best to worst.
- Tome of the Vanquished — Triggers an additional Shield of the Righteous when you make use of the Vanquisher's Hammer buff.
- Darkened Ember — Vanquisher's Hammer will now generate 2 Holy Power.
- Worn Leather Strap — 3 second cooldown reduction to Vanquisher's Hammer.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5