Shadow Priest DPS Macros and Addons — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Shadow Priest in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our TBC Priest addons and macros.
If you are looking for Macros for any conditional talents, the only thing possible right now is to just put the base spell on your bar. It will automatically switch to the other choice when changing your builds once you have it set.
Generic Macros for Priests
Angelic Feather + Body and Soul
- /cast [known:121536,mod:shift,@player] Angelic Feather; Power Word: Shield
This macro simply combines Angelic Feather and Power Word: Shield with one macro, so you can easily use both with mostly the same keybind. This has default press Power Word: Shield, or pressing the same keybind with Shift casts Angelic Feather.
- /castsequence [known:121536,@mouseover,help,nodead][known:121536,@player] reset=6 Power Word: Shield, Angelic Feather, Angelic Feather, Angelic Feather; Power Word: Shield
This is another version of a movement macro that lets you spam the button over and over to cast the right movement spell, starting with Power Word: Shield. If you are looking for something simpler and do not want a mod:shift one, you can try this one out instead.
- /cast [@INSERTPLAYERNAMEHERE,help,nodead] Power Infusion
- /cast [@player] Power Infusion
When using Twins of the Sun Priestess, this is a useful macro to cast Power Infusion on an ally to make sure your group gets the most out of it. You will need to manually type in the player you wish to give Power Infusion to, but it should handle if the target is out of range of you to still cast it on yourself. If you want to cast it on different players throughout an encounter I would suggest replacing @INSERTPLAYERNAMEHERE with @mouseover and mousing over the target you want to give it on for each cast.
If you are having issues with this sometimes not working correctly, you should try to avoid spamming the macro when you want to cast it. If you queue the macro as an action mid-cast of something else, it can short circuit.
Advanced Power Infusion Macro
If you find yourself editing the macro often to swap who you are giving Power Infusion to, you can use the below combination of macros to make this easier.
The first macro requires you to target the player you want to give Power Infusion to. When clicking the macro, it will then update the second macro with the name of the target so you do not need to manually type it in.
- /run local n=UnitName("target") or "player" if not InCombatLockdown() then EditMacro(GetMacroIndexByName("PI"),nil,nil,"#showtooltip\n/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@"..n.."] Power Infusion\n/cast Power Infusion\n/use 13") print("PI Updated to "..n) end
The second macro will be automatically edited and overwritten when clicking the first macro. If you want to change anything in this macro, you must change it in the first one. You MUST name this second macro PI in order for it to work properly.
This macro will be the one you actually end up binding to your bars and pressing. It will cast Power Infusion on your mouseover if it exists and is alive, then the Player you selected with the first macro, and finally yourself if the first two conditions failed. It will also use your trinket in the top slot, if you want to use the trinket in the bottom slot instead change it from 13 to 14 on the last line.
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][@PLAYERNAME] Power Infusion
- /cast Power Infusion
- /use 13
All in one Dispel Macro
- /cast [mod:alt,known:32375] !Mass Dispel; [spec:3,@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify Disease; [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Dispel Magic; [spec:3] Purify Disease; Purify
This gives you one button in-game that handles all of your dispel needs across the Priest specs. Alt is used for Mass Dispel; if the target is an enemy, it uses Dispel Magic, and the default case is either Purify Disease or Purify.
If you are just looking for a simple mouseover for one of these, you can use this instead:
- /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify Disease
Simple Mass Dispel Cursor Macro:
- /cast [@cursor] Mass Dispel
Shackle Undead Macro
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Shackle Undead
This is a simple mouseover macro for Shackle Undead that can be useful for handling the Incorporeal.
Mind Control Macro
This macro offers a one-button solution for either Mind Control or Dominate Mind. Clicking it without an active pet will cast either spell on your current target. If you have an active pet Mind Controlled, it will instead dismiss it.
- /cast [known:Mind Control] Mind Control; Dominate Mind
Specific Macros for Shadow Priests
Mind Flay: Insanity No-Cancel
- /stopmacro [channeling:Mind Flay: Insanity]
- /cast Mind Flay
This is a pretty simple macro that does not let you cancel an actively channeled Mind Flay: Insanity with a Mind Flay cast.
Talent Choice Macro
- /cast [known:Void Eruption] Void Eruption; Dark Ascension
If you would like to have one keybind for your talent choice nodes, you can do something like the above. This will automatically change the tooltip of that spell after pressing it once after re-talenting. The example is for Void Eruption and Dark Ascension, but it can be used for anything.
- #showtooltip Silence
- /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Silence
This is a basic macro I would suggest to anyone playing a spec with a kick. It prioritizes kicking your focus target and then defaults to your current target if you do not have a focus. You can also add mod:shift as an extra conditional if you only want to kick your focus target with a keybind used.
Dispersion Cancelaura Macro
- #showtooltip Dispersion
- /cast Dispersion
- /cancelaura Dispersion
This macro serves as a way to both cast Dispersion and also to cancel it. The first press of the macro will cast Dispersion, and the second press will remove the buff from you. This is useful in cases where you do not need the damage reduction for the full 6 seconds, as you are unable to cast spells when under the effects of Dispersion.
Shadow Crash Cursor Macro
- /cast [@cursor] Shadow Crash
This macro casts Shadow Crash at the location of your cursor on the screen without having to click your mouse on the ground.
Mind Flay Camera Spin
- /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0
This is not a macro, but a console command that will prevent Mind Flay from spinning your camera when it channels. This can be very helpful for players who find the camera interference annoying.
Mouseover Macro for DoTs
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]  Shadow Word: Pain
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead]  Vampiric Touch
These macros cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch at your current mouseover target without having to target their nameplate directly. This is particularly useful in multi-DoT situations in council boss scenarios.
Addons for Shadow Priest
Generic Addons for Priests
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
"Details!" Damage Meter is a real-time DPS/HPS meter with a lot of additional functionality such as being able to see cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, damage done to specific targets, and statistical analysis. In our opinion, it is superior to Skada in terms of functionality, although it is slightly more complicated to configure. We recommend Details! as your default damage meter, but if you prefer something easier, then Skada is still a good option.
Specific Addons for Shadow Priests
Twintop's Insanity Bar
Twintop's Insanity Bar is a fully customizable bar that allows you to track your Insanity on top of many other great features. This addon is highly recommended as it provides you with everything you need to know when playing your Shadow Priest.
WeakAuras 2 is probably the most useful addon for any class in the game these days, providing you with an easy way to track all kinds of useful things you need on your character. If you are looking for a package for Shadow Priest, check out the one I made on Wago.
Below, you will find some suggested WeakAuras for Shadow Priest:
- Publik's Shadow Priest Package
- Simple Cast Bar Replacement
- Potion and Healthstone Tracking
- Tier 31 Season 3 4-piece Buff Tracking
- Void Eruption + Void Bolt
Plater Nameplates gives you a fully customizable nameplate addon with amazing features that work great on default settings. As a DoT class, this is a must-have to be able to easily track DoTing in multi-target scenarios.
Below, you will find some suggested Plater mods for Shadow Priest:
- Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch nameplate color changer
- Devouring Plague nameplate color changer
Method Raid Tools
Method Raid Tools (formerly known as Exorsus Raid Tools) is a large suite of many tools helpful in lots of different scenarios, but for Shadow Priests specifically the built-in Time to Die tracker is the reason we recommend this. Tracking exactly when a target will die is crucial when planning cooldown usage.
- 30 Nov. 2023: Add a few new WeakAuras and Plater mods.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.2.0.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 23 Jul. 2023: Reviewed from the recent hotfixes.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Add a new Power Infusion macro.
- 01 Jun. 2023: Add simple Mass Dispel macro.
- 30 May 2023: Add a few mouseover macros for handling Season 2 affixes.
- 25 Apr. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 03 Feb. 2023: Fix issue with Mind Control macro.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Add a macro for Mind Control and clean up a few others.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 30 Oct. 2022: Added extra movement macro.
- 27 Oct. 2022: Updated PI macro and added a new one for talent choice nodes.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)