Shadow Priest DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Shadow Priest, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Shadow Priest gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Shadow Priest
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and flasks to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Shadow Priest, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Best Gems for Shadow Priest
You should use Quick Jewel Cluster in all of your sockets.
You can purchase extra sockets to place into any item that does not have one. For items acquired in Patch 9.1 or Season 2 you need to get reputation with The Archivist's Codex up to Tier 6. Once you get to Tier 6 you can purchase Alloy-Warping Facetor to socket new items.
If you are more of a visual learner, you can watch the video guide version of this guide instead. I would suggest reading this side-by-side during the video to absorb the information the best. A full video will be published soon, but for now the survival guide gives you all the info you need for this patch.
Domination Shards for Shadow Priest
Information about Domination Shards can be found on our Gear page:
Best Enchants for Shadow Priest
|Cloak||Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed|
|Wrists||Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect|
Enchants and gems will change based on your current gear, make sure you sim yourself regularly to get an idea of what to use for the various situations.
For the weapon enchant, you can choose to use Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance for raiding as well for the better overall performance, just know that as you get more gear Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation will provide more single-target damage. The gap between the two on AoE is typically much larger than the gap you would see by using the wrong one in single target.
Consumables for Shadow Priest
Best Flasks and Potions for Shadow
Once you start getting to around item level 220 you will find that using Potion of Spectral Intellect in all forms of content will be your best potion. At lower item levels Potion of Phantom Fire is a competitive option for single target.
Spectral Flask of Power is our flask of choice.
Best Food for Shadow
For all cases where you want to food buff, you should always use the Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism. If you are just doing solo content or do not have any feasts on-hand, you can substitute with Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic or Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce.
Weapon Oils for Shadow
For your temporary weapon oil you should always use Shadowcore Oil on your weapon at all times.
Augment Runes for Shadow
Currently, there is only a single Augment Rune in the game in the form of Veiled Augment Rune, which you should use whenever possible for the extra Intellect.
Armor Kits for Shadow
If you want to fully maximize your character, you can opt to use the new Shadowlands Armor Kits as well. By using Heavy Desolate Armor Kit, or the cheaper Desolate Armor Kit, you can slightly increase your total health pool of your character. In practice, you will not greatly notice this, but it is technically maximizing your consumables. In practice, this will only give you about 1% or less of your current health pool.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5; no changes are needed.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated video link.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Removed Intellect gem for Patch 9.1 and added note for new socket item and Chest enchant.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated default potion for typical item levels for 9.0.5.
- 11 Jan. 2021: Updated enchant backups as per stat priority change.
- 03 Jan. 2021: Added embedded video guide.
- 15 Dec. 2020: Updated weapon enchant suggestion for raid.
- 09 Dec. 2020: Added note about Intellect gems from BfA.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added clarifying note on weapon enchant.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Added Armor Kits and slightly adjusted Potion recommendation.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for new Shadowlands consumables and enchants.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Lead Cinematic Designer Revisits the Original Black Temple Trailer
- World of Warcraft on Game Pass: How Would It Work?
- Potential Impact of the Microsoft Acquisition on the Future of WoW
- Blizzard on Tier Set Design in Patch 9.2
- Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick Reportedly Leaving the Company After Microsoft Acquisition is Complete
- Microsoft + Activision Blizzard Acquistion Memes and Funny Images
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3, Patch 2.5.3 Notes
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff