Shadow Priest DPS Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Shadow Priests in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Disclaimer Page
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to sim their own character. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, what Legendaries to equip and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character.
Magicsim is an alternative simming tool to Raidbots that also uses SimulationCraft. It was designed by Shadow Priests (to be usable by everyone) and, unlike Raidbots, it puts more importance on the fight parameters and has the concept of "sim composites", which means averaging multiple sims together to get a more complete view of raid performance. This means you can sim things that are impossible in Raidbots like Mythic+ composite sims, or sim to see which gear set would be optimal over an entire raid (if you do not like having multiple sets). It also allows for easy GUI controls for configuring every aspect of sims (even some that Raidbots does not expose) and it is also the only sim tool which has a built-in 3D viewer for running reforge plots and viewing results seamlessly together. Unlike Raidbots, these sims currently run on a local copy of SimCraft but will be transitioning to online in the near future and will be continuing to compete with Raidbots to give a more accurate and easy-to-configure simming experience.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 29 Jul. 2018: Added Magicsim as an additional simming tool.
- WoW Classic: Racials and Racial Passives
- Patch 8.2: Rusty Mechanocrawler Mount
- WoW Classic Addons: Azeroth Auto Pilot
- Guides for Profession Changes in Patch 8.2
- Purification Protocol - Heart of Azeroth Essence Spotlight
- Fall of the Lich King Trailer Remastered
- Patch 8.2 Essence Hotfixes: June 22nd
- Battle for Azeroth Digital Comic #4: Mechagon
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- The Unshackled/Ankoan Waveblade
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Patch 8.2 Engineering Changes
- Patch 8.2 Enchanting Changes
- Patch 8.2 Cooking Changes
- Patch 8.2 Blacksmithing Changes