Shadow Priest DPS Simulations — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Shadow Priests in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7.
Simming Yourself with Raidbots
Raidbots is an online tool that lets you simulate and compare gear, traits, talents and more for your character. In modern WoW, it is an essential tool in optimizing your performance. Every high-end and self-respecting DPS player uses Raidbots on some level to figure out what they should use. It is extremely simple to use and we have a complete guide for it that you can access with the link below.
How to Sim as a Shadow Priest
Use this video to learn how to best sim yourself as a Shadow Priest and what the various options mean while simming.
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to sim their character. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character.
WarcraftPriests Sim Repository
If you are looking for cutting edge always up-to-date simulations, check out the public GitHub repo for Shadow Priests that contain sims for anything you can think of related to Shadow Priests! There is a corresponding Charts page as well if you prefer that view.
How to Sim Dungeons as a Shadow Priest
Starting with Patch 10.0.5, Shadow Priests supports various methods to simulate your character in a dungeon environment. This is particularly challenging to simulate due to the number of things that change between dungeon runs. The level of the key, active affixes and even the other DPS players you have with you can drastically change how to optimize damage in that key.
Firstly, the best way to sim your character is to use Dungeon Route sims. This utilizes a WeakAura to generate a SimC string based on a MDT route. This generates a sim to replicate that specific dungeon with the setup in the route and sims your character in that environment.
To learn more about this, check out my blog post on WarcraftPriests.
Shadow Priest Racial Bonus Simulation
Keep in mind that your DPS gains will differ; however, the difference between races is fairly small, regardless. In most cases, you can choose which race looks best to you with minimal disruption to your damage output.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Add updated method for Dungeon sims for 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Priest Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd