Shadow Priest DPS Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Shadow Priests in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
With the advent of certain tools such as Raidbots, simulating your character has now become simple enough that we can recommend even the average player to sim their own character. It is through advanced simulations that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents you should be using with your particular gearing combination, what gear to equip, what Legendaries to equip and more. Below there is a video guiding you on how to sim your character.
Magicsim is an alternative simming tool to Raidbots that also uses SimulationCraft. It was designed by Shadow Priests (to be usable by everyone) and, unlike Raidbots, it puts more importance on the fight parameters and has the concept of "sim composites", which means averaging multiple sims together to get a more complete view of raid performance. This means you can sim things that are impossible in Raidbots like Mythic+ composite sims, or sim to see which gear set would be optimal over an entire raid (if you do not like having multiple sets). It also allows for easy GUI controls for configuring every aspect of sims (even some that Raidbots does not expose) and it is also the only sim tool which has a built-in 3D viewer for running reforge plots and viewing results seamlessly together. Unlike Raidbots, these sims currently run on a local copy of SimCraft but will be transitioning to online in the near future and will be continuing to compete with Raidbots to give a more accurate and easy-to-configure simming experience.
Shadow Priest Racial Bonus Simulation
Keep in mind that own DPS gains will be different, however the difference between races is fairly small regardless. In most cases, you can simply pick which race looks best to you with minimal disruption to your damage output.
- 13 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Jul. 2019: Added racial comparison results.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 29 Jul. 2018: Added Magicsim as an additional simming tool.
- Encrypted Shadowlands Alpha Build 18.104.22.168411
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 19th
- WoW Shadowlands Alpha Added to Battle.net Catalog
- Ny'alotha Mythic WF Race, Conclusion: Top 10, N'Zoth Nerf, Limit Tank Goes to Method, Asia Upset and More
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 18th
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Event (February 18th - February 25th)
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Unholy Aoe Question
- Rustbolt Resistance
- Demonology Warlock 8.3
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide