Shadow Priest DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Shadow Priest in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics for Shadow Priest
The current version of Shadow Priest is a fairly demanding and potentially punishing specialization. While ludicrous levels of damage output are possible, the specialization requires good, consistent play in order to succeed. It is possible to put out fantastic damage without much of the hassle however, and this page will furnish you with a talent build that aims to reduce the demands of the specialization and reactivity required without unduly compromising the damage output.
3. Talent Choice for Shadow Priest
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. The talents recommended here aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Fortress of the Mind
- Level 30: Mania
- Level 45: Misery
- Level 60: Last Word
- Level 75: Auspicious Spirits
- Level 90: Mindbender
- Level 100: Legacy of the Void
4. Stat Choice for Shadow Priest
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Haste = Critical Strike;
5. Basic Rotation for Shadow Priest
- Keep Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch applied on all targets.
- Cast Mind Blast whenever available to generate Insanity.
- Cast Mind Flay to generate Insanity.
- Cast Void Eruption at 90 Insanity, or 60 Insanity if you are using Legacy of the Void.
- When in Voidform
6. Azerite Traits
Azerite Traits play an important role for Shadow Priest. This means you need to decide which Azerite items you should choose. The traits are very close to each other in power, though, so we recommend our Azerite Traits and Gear page for more details.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Changed talent advice.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 23 Jul. 2018: Adjusted talent advice.
- WoW Netflix Show Fan Trailer
- The Hivemind Hunt & Warcraft Secrets Website
- Atal'Dazar +13 Soloed by Demon Hunter
- Cataclysm's 8th Anniversary
- Turning Off War Mode Outside Capital Cities in 8.1
- Mythic Cache Next Week
- Patch 8.1 Summary and Survival Guide [Official]
- No Crossover Rewards Between Classic & Retail WoW
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Affliction Warlock 8.0.1
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Demonology Warlock 8.0.1
- Sim and pack alpha
- Classic WoW Guilds - A Discord Built For The Community
- Rezan and Reign Death