Marksmanship Hunter Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Marksmanship Hunter before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Marksmanship Hunter in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Marksmanship Hunter Talents for Torghast
Firstly, we recommend using a Ferocity pet as a Marksmanship Hunter in Torghast for the Bloodlust and the self-healing abilities it provides.
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Best Marksmanship Hunter Torghast Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will be met with a ton of different choices when it comes to Anima Powers. Choosing the right one can be difficult, so we've made a Tier List below that should help you make the decision on the fly. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
Do not follow this list blindly, though, as there is a lot of personal choice and preference involved in choosing your Anima Powers. If you never use Tar Trap in your playstyle, it would be silly to pick an Anima Power that increases its radius, for example.
As usual, "S" is best and "F" is worst.
If you want a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the pages linked below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Sigil of Skoldus
- Soulsteel Pinion
- Soulforge Embers
- Sling of the Unseen (Kyrian)
- Elethium Beacon
- Lens of Elchaver
A-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Acrobat's Razor
- Bag of Mawrat Eyes
- Cadaverous Cleats
- Chelonian Crest
- Necrotic Venom
- Deadsoul Aspect (Kyrian)
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when grouped)
- Super Soul Scope (Kyrian)
- Deathwire (Kyrian)
- Bag of Munitions (Necrolord)
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Elethium Lantern
- Elethium Weights
- Flame Jet
B-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Acrobat's Rations
- Craven Strategem
- Deadeye Satchel
- Peltsman's Grit
- Piercing Scope
- Huntmaster's Gift
- Huntmaster's Mythos
- Huntmaster's Ultimatum
- Capsule of Pure Moonlight (Night Fae)
- Majestic Antler Fragment (Night Fae)
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Erratic Howler
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Veil
C-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Beaststalker's Signet
- Bursting Tar
- Euphoria Emblem
- Fogged Crystal
- Forsworn Feather
- Deathdealer's Scope (Venthyr)
- Serrated Arrowhead (Venthyr)
- Pendulum of Impending Doom (Necrolord)
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Elethium Alembic
- Frostbite Wand
D-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Hateful Shard-Ring
- Hunter's Spoils
- Sticky Tar
- Stuffed on Mawrats
- Huntmaster's Cypher
- Huntmaster's Legacy
- Chakram Throwers (Necrolord)
- Glowing Pollen Satchel (Night Fae)
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Bottomless Chalice (Kyrian)
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Gaze of Death
E-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Bone Barbs
- Feline Femur
- Petrified Pet Food
- Huntmaster's Invocation
- Huntmaster's Lesson
- Blood-soaked Bow String (Venthyr)
F-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Amplifying Mirror
- Neural Pet Enhancer
- Scaredy Rat
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when solo)
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Elethium Muzzle
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "C"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Marksmanship Hunter Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Inherently, Marksmanship is pretty weak for Torghast, but it can absolutely be viable and to help you achieve this, we have some tips below.
- Use Misdirection on your pet constantly. Macro it in with your Barrage if you are using this talent to instantly gather a bunch of mobs around your pet.
- Use Line of Sight to your advantage. There are a lot of caster mobs in Torghast, and the Misdirection-Barrage strategy will not work if your pet is out in the open. If you want to be really efficient, manually place your pet around a corner outside the room before you do your Misdirection into Barrage and watch all the casters gather up for you.
- Use Binding Shot and Tar Trap aggressively. Your spec is only good at stacked AoE, so use your pet as a stacking point for mobs and use these crowd control abilities to keep them there. Plus, there are Anima Powers that vastly amplify these abilities, so it is good to get into the habit of using them.
- Remember that Exhilaration heals your pet for 100% of its health! You will use it more to heal your pet than yourself.
- Keybind and use Mend Pet often. Your pet is going to be squishy as Marksmanship, so you want to help it wherever you can.
- Most importantly, take it slow. There is no timer in Torghast, the only thing limiting your advancement is dying, so do not die! Use Freezing Trap to get rid of high-health mobs temporarily, just be careful not to break your CC with Barrage immediately after.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Hunter Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd