Marksmanship Hunter Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Marksmanship Hunter before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
This page will guide you on how to get the most out of your Marksmanship Hunter in Torghast, Tower of the Damned. For more information about Torghast in general, check out our dedicated pages below.
Best Marksmanship Hunter Setup for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
|15||✓ Master Marksman||✗ Serpent Sting||✗ A Murder of Crows|
|25||✗ Careful Aim||✓ Barrage||? Explosive Shot|
|30||✗ Trailblazer||✓ Natural Mending||✓ Camouflage|
|35||✗ Steady Focus||✓ Streamline||✗ Chimaera Shot|
|40||✓ Born To Be Wild||✓ Posthaste||✓ Binding Shackles|
|45||✗ Lethal Shots||✗ Dead Eye||✓ Double Tap|
|50||✗ Calling the Shots||✗ Lock and Load||✓ Volley|
Level 15 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✔ Master Marksman||✘ Serpent Sting||✘ A Murder of Crows|
Master Marksman is the best choice of talent in this tier.
Level 25 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✘ Careful Aim||✔ Barrage||? Explosive Shot|
For strictly DPS and especially multi-target, Explosive Shot is best.
By using Barrage alongside with Misdirection to your pet, you can quickly stack a lot of mobs, putting them in an ideal spot for Volley and your Kyrian/Night FaeCovenant Abilities, Resonating Arrow/ Wild Spirits.
Barrage also has immediate, superior burst AoE which can help clean up lower-health mobs. There are also Anima Powers that heal you when you first attack a new enemy, which Barrage can be used to take quick advantage of.
Level 30 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✘ Trailblazer||✔ Natural Mending||✔ Camouflage|
Generally speaking, we recommend using Natural Mending. It will allow you to use your Exhilaration self-heal much more often, which can save your life if you have made a mistake, or a very powerful spell has hit you.
Level 35 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✘ Steady Focus||✔ Streamline||✘ Chimaera Shot|
Level 40 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✔ Born To Be Wild||✔ Posthaste||✔ Binding Shackles|
This tier is mostly a question about mobility, survivability, or utility.
Generally, we recommend using Posthaste for the helpful movement speed boost, but if you are doing a very high-level Torghast Floor/Layer, then you might find Born To Be Wild more valuable, as it is more likely to save your life than Posthaste.
Level 45 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✘ Lethal Shots||✘ Dead Eye||✔ Double Tap|
Double Tap is usually the best choice for Torghast, letting you open with a lot of burst on key targets.
Level 50 Talents for Torghast as a Marksmanship Hunter
|✘ Calling the Shots||✘ Lock and Load||✔ Volley|
Volley should be the default choice for all Torghast situations.
Best Marksmanship Hunter Anima Powers
Throughout Torghast, you will be met with a ton of different choices when it comes to Anima Powers. Choosing the right one can be difficult, so we've made a Tier List below that should help you make the decision on the fly. This Tier List assumes that the powers are the same level.
Do not follow this list blindly, though, as there is a lot of personal choice and preference involved in choosing your Anima Powers. If you never use Tar Trap in your playstyle, it would be silly to pick an Anima Power that increases its radius, for example.
As usual, "S" is best and "F" is worst.
If you want a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the pages linked below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Sigil of Skoldus
- Soulsteel Pinion
- Soulforge Embers
- Sling of the Unseen (Kyrian)
- Elethium Beacon
- Lens of Elchaver
A-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Acrobat's Razor
- Bag of Mawrat Eyes
- Cadaverous Cleats
- Chelonian Crest
- Necrotic Venom
- Deadsoul Aspect (Kyrian)
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when grouped)
- Super Soul Scope (Kyrian)
- Deathwire (Kyrian)
- Bag of Munitions (Necrolord)
- Mask of Withering (Venthyr)
- Crystallized Dreams (Night Fae)
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Elethium Lantern
- Elethium Weights
- Flame Jet
B-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Acrobat's Rations
- Craven Strategem
- Deadeye Satchel
- Peltsman's Grit
- Piercing Scope
- Huntmaster's Gift
- Huntmaster's Mythos
- Huntmaster's Ultimatum
- Capsule of Pure Moonlight (Night Fae)
- Majestic Antler Fragment (Night Fae)
- Parliament Stone (Kyrian)
- Gnarled Key (Venthyr)
- Smuggled Wildseed (Night Fae)
- Erratic Howler
- Elethium Censer
- Elethium Veil
C-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Beaststalker's Signet
- Bursting Tar
- Euphoria Emblem
- Fogged Crystal
- Forsworn Feather
- Deathdealer's Scope (Venthyr)
- Serrated Arrowhead (Venthyr)
- Pendulum of Impending Doom (Necrolord)
- Malevolent Stitching (Necrolord)
- Musophobic Femur (Necrolord)
- Volatile Flesh (Necrolord)
- Elethium Alembic
- Frostbite Wand
D-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Hateful Shard-Ring
- Hunter's Spoils
- Sticky Tar
- Stuffed on Mawrats
- Huntmaster's Cypher
- Huntmaster's Legacy
- Chakram Throwers (Necrolord)
- Glowing Pollen Satchel (Night Fae)
- Darksight Orbs (Kyrian)
- Bottomless Chalice (Kyrian)
- Phial of Light (Kyrian)
- Phial of Pain (Kyrian)
- Strigidium (Kyrian)
- Murmuring Shawl (Venthyr)
- Open Doors (Venthyr)
- Clinging Fog (Night Fae)
- Gaze of Death
E-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Bone Barbs
- Feline Femur
- Petrified Pet Food
- Huntmaster's Invocation
- Huntmaster's Lesson
- Blood-soaked Bow String (Venthyr)
F-Tier Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
- Amplifying Mirror
- Neural Pet Enhancer
- Scaredy Rat
- Pact of the Soulstalkers (Kyrian, when solo)
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Elethium Muzzle
If an Anima Power is not in the Tier List above, it is either because we have been unable to test it or find information about its tuning. It will be populated over time as we learn more about them.
Phantasma Anima Powers for Marksmanship Hunter
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "C"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Marksmanship Hunter Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Inherently, Marksmanship is pretty weak for Torghast, but it can absolutely be viable and to help you achieve this, we have some tips below.
- Use Misdirection on your pet constantly. Macro it in with your Barrage if you are using this talent to instantly gather a bunch of mobs around your pet.
- Use Line of Sight to your advantage. There are a lot of caster mobs in Torghast, and the Misdirection-Barrage strategy will not work if your pet is out in the open. If you want to be really efficient, manually place your pet around a corner outside the room before you do your Misdirection into Barrage and watch all the casters gather up for you.
- Use Binding Shot and Tar Trap aggressively. Your spec is only good at stacked AoE, so use your pet as a stacking point for mobs and use these crowd control abilities to keep them there. Plus, there are Anima Powers that vastly amplify these abilities, so it is good to get into the habit of using them.
- Remember that Exhilaration heals your pet for 100% of its health! You will use it more to heal your pet than yourself.
- Keybind and use Mend Pet often. Your pet is going to be squishy as Marksmanship, so you want to help it wherever you can.
- Most importantly, take it slow. There is no timer in Torghast, the only thing limiting your advancement is dying, so do not die! Use Freezing Trap to get rid of high-health mobs temporarily, just be careful not to break your CC with Barrage immediately after.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2020: Updated the Tier List location of Soulsteen Pinion and Lens of Elchaver.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Useful Soul Ash Macro
- Spit Emote No Longer Works If You Have Someone Targeted on Burning Crusade Classic PTR
- 40 Paladins Versus 40 Priests
- Lady Vashj Is the Personificantion of Timegating
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 29th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Now on the PTR
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: Blue and Yellow, Together Again
- The Last Time Each Spec Has Been in a World First Kill