Assassination Rogue DPS Crucible of Storms Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Assassination Rogue for each boss of the following raid: Crucible of Storms. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This page will be a rough outline of the bosses and mechanics in the Crucible of Storms raid. This page will focus primarily on how an Assassination Rogue can optimize its performance on the raid bosses in Crucible of Storms, and not on an actual raid strategy for the bosses. Initially, this page will focus on Heroic mode and lower, however, as more bosses are being killed on Mythic, the guide will also include optimizations for Mythic bosses.
Assassination in Crucible of Storms
Assassination remains the go-to spec for raiding in Battle of Dazar'alor. It remains a strong single target spec, has great potential for cleave, and is even able to handle spread cleave somewhat.
The Restless Cabal
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on The Restless Cabal
- Cheat Death can be used to save you from the effects of Storm of Annihilation (for at least 1 tick).
- Try to save Shadowstep for emergency interrupts.
- Cloak of Shadows is useful as an emergency self-dispel.
Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void
Assassination Rogue Playstyle on Uu'nat
- Cheat Death can be used to save you from effects of Storm of Annihilation (for at least 1 tick).
- Shadowstep allows you to avoid taking stacks from the beam, possibly both of them, depending on positioning during the fight.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 08 May 2019: Added further boss tips.
- 15 Apr. 2019: Guide added.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd