Assassination Rogue DPS Mythic+ Tips — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Assassination Rogue in Mythic+
The playstyle of Assassination in Mythic+ stays almost the same in Battle for Azeroth. It revolves around setting up your bleeds on multiple targets, ramping up your Energy regeneration until you become global cooldown locked, and then continuing to cycle bleeds between targets. A key feature of Assassination AoE is that while it is most optimal in evenly multi-dotting across a number of targets, you can still channel it more into single target damage, at the cost of efficiency.
2. Rogue Shroud Skips
While at this stage many groups do different pulls, due to different composition or preferences, some of the shroud skips in dungeons are still more common than others. As such, the most popular skips have been compiled in a Shroud of Concealment Mythic+ guide for Rogues with diagrams showing each of the skips.
3. Assassination Rogue Mythic+ Rotation
For the most part, Assassination Rogue's rotation is the same as referred in the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
3.1. Managing Packs with an Infested Mob
Since you can not kill the rest of the pack as long as Infested mob is alive and healing them, there is no point in focus on AoE damage, as such you should avoid using Crimson Tempest until the Infested enemy dies. However, you should still apply two full sets of bleeds to secondary targets, in order to boost your Energy generation, and increase your priority damage.
3.2. Assassination Rogue Utility
- Pick Lock allows you to skip a few pulls in Tol Dagor, and unlock cells granting damage and survival boost.
- Sap and Blind can be great for crowd controlling two targets during one pull.
- Shroud of Concealment projects AoE Stealth around you. It is important to note, however, that in the current expansion there is a much greater number of enemies who can detect through Stealth or Invisibility, whom you will need to be on the lookout for.
- Feint, Cloak of Shadows, Evasion, and Cheat Death form a very powerful set of defensive cooldowns, and are one of the biggest reasons for Rogue's strength in Mythic+.
- Tricks of the Trade is not exceptionally great normally, however it is extremely useful during Skittish weeks, helping the tank maintain threat.
4. Mythic+ Talents for Assassination Rogues
Below are the suggested talents for Mythic+. These talents are recommended for all groups and keys at the current time.
|15||✗ Master Poisoner||✓ Elaborate Planning||✗ Blindside|
|30||✗ Nightstalker||✓ Subterfuge||✗ Master Assassin|
|45||✓ Vigor||✓ Deeper Stratagem||✓ Marked for Death|
|60||✗ Leeching Poison||✓ Cheat Death||✗ Elusiveness|
|75||✗ Internal Bleeding||✓ Iron Wire||✓ Prey on the Weak|
|90||✗ Venom Rush||✓ Toxic Blade||✗ Exsanguinate|
|100||✓ Poison Bomb||✗ Hidden Blades||✓ Crimson Tempest|
5. Mythic+ Affixes
The way Mythic+ affixes are tiered in Battle for Azeroth has changed quite a bit since their launch in Legion.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix is available instantly at level two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally the seasonal affix is at level ten.
5.1. Tier One Affixes
On Fortified weeks, Assassination Rogues might favor Crimson Tempest over Poison Bomb and vice versa on Tyrannical weeks, however it will still depend on your group composition, and your expected pulls.
5.2. Tier Two Affixes
- Bolstering is a good affix for Assassination, since you do not have AoE burst and you are able to meticulously DoT them up, and dump excess Combo Points into high health targets.
- Sanguine can cause a lot of movement from the group, and might make your Poison Bomb miss some of the ticks.
- Bursting debuff can be removed with Cloak of Shadows which also negates new applications until it expires. This means that you generally want to delay Cloak of Shadows until the first few debuffs go out.
5.3. Tier Three Affixes
- Quaking damage can be decreased by Feint, helping the healer.
- Fan of Knives does not hit the Explosive Orbs from Explosive, requiring them to be targeted directly.
- During Skittish weeks your Tricks of the Trade is extremely helpful in helping tanks manage aggro in AoE situations. Due to Assassination damage patters, it is also very powerful later into the fight, once you have your DoTs ticking on most enemies.
5.4. Seasonal Affix
As mentioned previously, we believe that currently the best way of dealing with Infested is to initially get bleeds up on the primary target and two additional ones, which will ensure that you have almost infinite Energy.
6. Mythic+ Azerite Traits
To learn how different Azerite traits perform on single-target and multi-target situations, refer to the Simulations page.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 04 Sep. 2018: Added affixes and utility descriptions.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added (placeholder for now).
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Highlights
- This Week in WoW: January 15th
- What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2
- Bruce (Brawler's Guild Mount) in Patch 8.1.5
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1
- Subtlety Rogue PvP 8.1
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1
- Retribution Paladin PvP 8.1