Assassination Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics for Assassination Rogue
Assassination primarily focuses on maintaining damage over time effects for potent sustained damage and cleave. In this section, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the amount of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
3. Talent Choice for Assassination Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. Although some talents might offer marginally higher gains when played perfectly, these same talents often result in damage losses when utilized by many players. The talents recommended here aim to present the best setup that has very little punishment for unfamiliarity or mistakes.
- Level 15: Elaborate Planning
- Level 30: Subterfuge
- Level 45: Vigor
- Level 60: Cheat Death
- Level 75: Iron Wire
- Level 90: Venom Rush
- Level 100: Poison Bomb
4. Stat Choice for Assassination Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:
- Critical Strike
5. Basic Rotational Priority for Assassination Rogue
- Keep Rupture and Garrote applied to the main target at all times.
- Use Vendetta on cooldown.
- Activate Vanish on cooldown, when you have full Combo Points, and apply Garrote.
- Cast Envenom to dump Combo Points.
- Use Mutilate to generate Combo Points on 1 target. Use Fan of Knives to generate Combo Points on 2+ targets.
5.1. Tips and Tricks
- Refresh/apply your bleeds before activating Vendetta.
- Always cast finishers at 4-5 Combo Points.
6. Azerite Traits
Azerite Traits play an important role for Assassination Rogue. This means you need to decide which Azerite items you should choose. The traits are very close to each other in power, though, so we recommend our Azerite page for more details.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Tools of the Trade in Patch 8.1.5
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Need help with BoS
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1