Assassination Rogue DPS Easy Mode — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, we explain how to easily play Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.7, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
If you are new to the class or spec, it is best advised to start slow by starting with a straightforward build to get a better handle on the core mechanics and interactions. This build is only marginally worse than the most optimal way to play the spec, so there is no need to worry at all about potentially lacking behind fellow Rogue players while you get to know the foundations of Assassination.
The Basics for Assassination Rogue
Assassination primarily focuses on maintaining damage-over-time effects for potent sustained damage and cleave. In this section, we will be focusing on a setup that minimizes the number of buttons and reactivity necessary without unduly compromising overall damage output.
If you are completely new to Assassination and need more information on the abilities and talents available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Talent Choice for Assassination Rogue
These choices are optimized for ease of use. While some talents can be better in certain situations, this build works very well in all types of content while being not nearly as punishing for unfamiliarity with the core principles of the spec.
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button on our calculator below, to import our build ingame!:
For a more in-depth analysis of each of the talent choices and the reasoning behind the aforementioned build as the go-to for ease of use, check out the Talent section below.
Stat Choice for Assassination Rogue
Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows for both Raiding and Mythic+:
- Critical Strike;
You can learn more about what each stat does for you and which stats are the best for each situation by heading to our stats page.
Basic Rotational Priority for Assassination Rogue
Always make sure to have Deadly Poison or Amplifying Poison (if talented)applied.
- Maintain Slice and Dice at all times.
- Keep Rupture and Garrote applied to the main target at all times.
- Use Deathmark on cooldown.
- Activate Vanish on cooldown and reapply Garrote before using Deathmark.
- Use Exsanguinate on cooldown. If it lines up with Deathmark, make sure to use Exsanguinate before duplicating your bleeds with Deathmark.
- Use Shiv on cooldown.
- Use Serrated Bone Spike to avoid overcapping on charges.
- Cast Envenom to dump Combo Points and extend Slice and Dice.
- Use Mutilate to generate Combo Points on 1-3 targets. Use Fan of Knives to generate Combo Points on 4+ targets. Use Ambush instead of Mutilate whenever you can.
By following the link you will be able to find a more detailed version of this priority list for both single-target and AoE, as well as a deeper explanation of some of the core concepts of Assassination gameplay. If you would like to know more about how to pool energy properly or how different talents require a different opener, check out the Rotation section of this guide.
Tips and Tricks
- Refresh Rupture and Garrote before activating Deathmark and Shiv, so you do not have to cast these abilities while it is active.
- Always cast finishers at 4-5 Combo Points.
- Maintain Slice and Dice by using Envenom. Cut to the Chase will automatically extend your Slice and Dice duration.
- Try to cast Envenom with 4-5 Combo Points at least twice during each Shiv.
- Deathmark duplicates the currently active bleeds. If these are buffed through something like Improved Garrote or Exsanguinate, the duplicated bleeds will also benefit from these effects.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 changes.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated talent build.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Rogue Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd