Assassination Rogue Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
1. How Much Haste Should Assassination Rogues Have? / Is There a Haste Cap?
There is currently no breakpoint which is required for Assassination, nor is there a realistic value which causes Haste to become useless on single target.
2. Why Does Haste Have Such High Value in SimulationCraft?
In Battle for Azeroth, your DoTs now scale with Haste, making it affect much larger portion of your damage.
3. Does Our Stat Priority Change on Multi-Target?
On multiple targets, you might not have Haste as your best stat, due to gaining too much Energy and it leaving you global cooldown capped and unable to fully benefit from all the extra Haste.
4. Which Race or Racial Ability is the Best for Assassination Rogue?
The DPS differences between the races are fairly minimal. The best races for DPS on Horde are Pandaren, Blood Elf, and Goblin. For Alliance, Dark Iron Dwarfs, Pandaren, and Human are the best.
5. What Piece is Better, X or Y?
Generally that depends on the rest of your gear, due to how secondary stats interact with one another. When it comes to comparing Azerite pieces, it becomes even more convoluted, as some of the traits have non stacking effects, such as percentage-based proc chances or duration increases, thus making it even harder for you to estimate; as such you are generally better off using sims to compare pieces (and in Azerite's case compare multiple trait combinations for each piece), in order to find the best option for you.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
6. What Azerite Traits Should I Aim To Get?
7. How Much of X Stat Should I Have?
Currently there are no established breakpoints to follow, and since as you gain one stat it slowly loses value while other gains it (relatively), you do not want to sacrifice all of your other stats in order to hit a magical number in one of them.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- WoW Classic Addons: TukUI
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Mistweaver Monk 8.1.5
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5