Assassination Rogue Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
How Much Haste Should Assassination Rogues Have? / Is There a Haste Cap?
There is currently no breakpoint which is required for Assassination, nor is there a realistic value which causes Haste to become useless on single target.
Why Does Haste Have Such High Value in SimulationCraft?
In Battle for Azeroth, your bleeds now scale with Haste. This lets you generate more Energy through Venomous Wounds.
Does Our Stat Priority Change on Multi-Target?
Yes. Once we are able to maintain high energy-levels through applying DoTs on multiple targets, Haste plummets in value. Critical Strike gains value due to the interaction with Fan of Knives and Seal Fate.
Which Race or Racial Ability is the Best for Assassination Rogue?
The DPS differences between the races are fairly minimal. The best races for DPS on Horde are Magh'ar, Troll and Blood Elf. For Alliance, Human, Dwarf and Gnome are the best. When running Shrouded Suffocation Night Elf becomes the strongest Alliance race, especially for Mythic+ content.
What Piece is Better, X or Y?
Generally that depends on the rest of your gear, due to how secondary stats interact with one another. When it comes to comparing Azerite pieces, it becomes even more convoluted, as some of the traits have non stacking effects, such as percentage-based proc chances or duration increases, thus making it even harder for you to estimate; as such you are generally better off using sims to compare pieces (and in Azerite's case compare multiple trait combinations for each piece), in order to find the best option for you.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
What Azerite Traits Should I Aim To Get?
How Much of X Stat Should I Have?
Currently there are no established breakpoints to follow, and since as you gain one stat it slowly loses value while other gains it (relatively), you do not want to sacrifice all of your other stats in order to hit a magical number in one of them.
- 14 Nov. 2019: Added m+ information; updated BiS races.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk