Assassination Rogue Frequently Asked Questions — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Shadowlands 9.2.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Is Haste Good for Assassination Rogue?
In Shadowlands, your bleeds scale with Haste. This lets you generate more Energy through Venomous Wounds. As such it has become a very strong stat for Assassination Rogue for single-target DPS.
Is There a Haste Cap for Assassination Rogue?
There is currently no breakpoint which is required for Assassination, nor is there a realistic value which causes Haste to become useless on single target.
What Stats do I Want for Mythic+ as an Assassination Rogue?
Critical Strike and Mastery. Mastery improves our cleave and AoE damage the best, while Critical Strike drastically improves our ability to generate additional Combo Points thanks to Seal Fate.
What Legendaries are best as an Assassination Rogue?
Duskwalker's Patch and Unity. In order to use two legendaries you will always have to use Unity. Duskwalker is best in slot once you have acquired your 4-piece set bonus, until then you play either Dashing Scoundrel or Doomblade.
Which Race is the Best for Assassination Rogue?
The DPS differences between the races are fairly minimal. The best races for DPS on Horde are Vulpera, Orc and Blood Elf. For Alliance, Mechagnome, Dark Iron Dwarf and Gnome are the best.
What Covenant is best for Assassination Rogue?
What Conduit is best for Assassination Rogue?
What is the best Dinar item for Assassination Rogue?
Edge of Night is the most powerful weapon and you will want to get two of them as soon as possible. You can further upgrade their item-level with the new upgrade mechanic in Season 4. If you already have two of them, you can get any of the powerful trinkets from the raid instead.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 02 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated Covenant and stat recommendations.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands release.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4