Assassination Rogue DPS Spell Summary — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as an Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. Assassination Rogue Spell Summary
If you are new to Assassination, it is recommended you read this before proceeding! In this section we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for within the specialization, and how they interact with important cooldowns. If you have played this spec before or have already achieved a level of comfort playing this spec in a practical environment, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
2. Main Resources for Assassination Rogue
Energy is the main resource of Assassination Rogues. Energy is generated passively, the rate of which can be increased by Haste and talents. Venomous Wounds also provides some bonus Energy. Keeping track of your Energy and pooling for windows of increased burst is extremely important to playing Assassination properly.
Combo Points are another primary resource utilized by Assassination Rogues. Some of your abilities generate Combo Points, while finishing moves spend them, dealing increased damage per Combo Point. You can generate additional Combo Points by critically striking, due to the Seal Fate passive. Combo Point management is very important to maintaining your abilities and maximizing burst.
3. Basic Abilities for Assassination Rogue
These abilities are available no matter what talents you choose, and form the bread and butter of this specialization.
Mutilate costs 50 Energy and deals moderate damage, generating 2 Combo Points. This is your main Combo Point generator and requires Daggers to be used.
Rupture is a finishing move that applies a bleed to the target that deals damage over time, lasting longer per combo point. Rupture returns Energy via Venomous Wounds. This is a very important finisher and should be maintained at all times on primary and secondary targets.
Envenom is a finishing move that deals Nature damage and increases your poison application chance by 30%. The damage and duration of Envenom are increased per Combo Point. This is our primary combo point dump when Rupture does not need a refresh.
Fan of Knives deals AoE damage and can apply poisons. This generates one Combo Point. It is usually better to focus on single target, but this can be useful for applying poisons to a stacked group of targets quickly.
4. Important Procs for Assassination Rogue
Seal Fate generates an extra Combo Point per critical strike.
Venomous Wounds generates 7 Energy when your abilities deal bleed damage to a target.
Stealth lets you move around the battlefield unseen. You will start every fight from Stealth, as your Tier 2 talent provides a damage benefit to using your abilities while Stealth is active.
5. DPS Cooldowns for Assassination Rogue
Vendetta is your main DPS cooldown, which marks an enemy for 20 seconds. During this time, you deal 30% increased damage to the target and are granted true sight of the target. Vendetta is a strong cooldown, but you should be careful using it on targets that are short lived, as it is a debuff on the target rather than a personal buff.
6. Defensive Cooldowns for Assassination Rogue
- Feint reduces AoE damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds, for only 35 Energy. When talented into Elusiveness, it also reduces all other damage by 30%. Feint is fantastic for dealing with predictable raid damage, even if it has a 15-second cooldown now.
- Cloak of Shadows provides magic immunity for 1 second, followed by 5 seconds where all spells will miss you. Cloak of Shadows has a variety of uses, both pre-emptive and reactive, such as solo soaking mechanics or clearing debuffs that would force you out of melee range.
- Evasion increases your Dodge chance by 100% for 10 seconds. This can be useful if you have to tank some adds or the boss for a few seconds.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- New Store Fox Mount: Vulpine Familiar
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 12th
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #31
- New Food in Patch 8.1
- Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22nd
- Item Level 385 Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip in Patch 8.1
- This Week in WoW: December 11th
- Patch 8.1: List of Known Issues
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 7.2
- Bilescourge Bombers better than Demonic Strange?
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Top 3 BfA addons must have
- 5 year absence (Oct. 2013) needs help getting back right. Holy/Ret
- Holy Paladin 8.0.1
- Feral Druid 8.0.1