How To Improve As Assassination Rogue — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, you will find out how you can improve at playing Assassination Rogue in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2. We list the common mistakes that you should try to avoid and the small details that can greatly improve your performance.
1. Not Overcapping Resources
Since all of Assassination's damage is tied to resources, it is important to waste as little of them as possible. You should make sure you do not find yourself being Energy capped or casting Combo Point generating abilities when at maximum Combo Points.
2. Pooling Energy
Pooling Energy has been a vital part of optimal Assassination gameplay for a long time now. Often players tend to spam builders / finishers without paying attention to the Energy, thus preventing them from maximizing Envenom windows.
3. Not Holding Cooldowns For Too Long
The only requirement for using Vendetta is that your target has Rupture up and that ideally it will not die before it expires. However, there are no other requirements, so often enough people hold on to Vendetta for too long, and lose damage as a result of it.
4. Correctly Managing Bleeds
Aim to have 100% uptime on Garrote and Rupture. In some fight situations it might lead to refreshing those abilities before you would normally need to, if you know that you are going to lose uptime on the boss to hit a different target and might not be able to refresh it at the optimal time. An extension of that, is to also manage Deadly Poison in multi-target situations. If you are not using Fan of Knives you might need to pay extra attention to it, and make sure it stays on all targets, so you do not lose out on extra Energy regeneration. In case you have your bleeds applied to a target, but it is about to lose the poison debuff, it might be worth to use Poisoned Knife if the target is outside of melee range, to not lose any uptime.
5. Knowing How To Sim Yourself
It is impossible to correctly play and optimize a Assassination Rogue without using Raidbots to sim your own character, there are simply too many variables involved to intuitively figure out what gear to wear and so on without simming it first. Generally speaking, a simulation should be the first and final say in the gear you end up wearing for any given situation.
On top of this, simming is now very easy with no need to understand SimulationCraft APLs or installation yourself. All you will need is the in-game SimulationCraft AddOn, and the Raidbots website. Below you can find a video on how to sim your own character using the website.
6. Analyzing Your Mistakes as a Assassination Rogue
When it comes to identifying and improving your mistakes, we strongly recommend the website WoWAnalyzer — it will analyze your logs and give you a report detailing how you did on the problems above and more.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added.
- Eternal Palace Race Day 2: 5/8, Method and Limit Exchanging the Lead
- Quick LFR Wing 1 Tips from WoW Instagram
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 17th
- WoW Classic Global Stress Test Postponed
- World First Glory of the Eternal Raider Completed
- Eternal Palace Race Day 1: 3/8 Down, Ashvane Stands + Kill Videos
- Not a Bug List Updated with Many Issues
- Conflict and Strife Rank 2 Hotfix Now Live
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Retribution Paladin 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Essence Guide
- Destruction Warlock 8.2
- Arcane Mage PvP 8.1.5
- Priest Leveling Guide