Assassination Rogue DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Assassination Rogue, based on your stat priority. We also give budget alternatives. This page is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Assassination Rogue gems and enchants.
Enchants, Gems and Consumables for Assassination Rogue
This section specifically covers the optimal gems, enchants, food, and phials to use for your character. To get a more detailed rundown of the different stats for Assassination Rogue, please visit our dedicated Stats page.
Many consumables, like enchants, gems, or potions, are available at multiple different ranks. If you are unable to afford the highest rank for any of them, you can safely choose a lower rank one instead, at the cost of some DPS.
Best Gems for Assassination Rogue
You should use Skillful Illimited Diamond or Inscribed Illimited Diamond in one of your sockets and either Sensei's Neltharite or Sensei's Alexstraszite in your other sockets.
You can use Tiered Medallion Setting to add up to 3 socket slots to your necklace.
Best Enchants for Assassination Rogue
Whether you choose to enchant your gear with Avoidance, Leech, or Speed is up to you. Leech will allow you to gain some additional passive healing while you do damage, Avoidance reduces the damage taken by Area-of-Effect spells, similar to Feint, and Speed simply increases your movement speed. For Raid progression, movement speed is often underrated and can be a minor DPS increase if it allows you to reach your target faster.
It is always recommended to sim yourself to find out what enchants provide the best benefit to you individually.
Consumables for Assassination Rogues
With Dragonflight, You can now change talents anywhere and no longer need a consumable to do so, so there are no tomes to worry about!
Best Phials and Potions for Assassination
Phial of Tepid Versatility should be used in all fights that do not allow you to remain stationary for long periods. Iced Phial of Corrupting Rage is the better choice if you can reach reasonably high uptimes of 70% or more, which is very dependent on the boss. You will also take more damage while the Versatility phial will make you take less damage, so it is typically recommended to go with Versatility for progression, and Corrupting Rage for maximum DPS.
Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power (or its lesser Elemental Potion of Power variant) is your recommended Potion. These potions can also be obtained from a Potion Cauldron of Ultimate Power/ Potion Cauldron of Power.
Dreamwalker's Healing Potion acts as your healing Potion. Each use will incur a 5-minute cooldown, but multiple can be consumed in an extended boss fight. Potion of Withering Dreams can be used in a pinch, but you take ticking damage for 30 seconds after. Only worth using, if the Dreamwalkers Potion would not save you from certain death.
Healthstones do not share a cooldown with health potions. This means that players should always use Healing Potions and Healthstones whenever available. The Potion provides much better Healing than a Healthstone.
Alchemy offers several utility potions as well, and some of them can still help you deal with a boss while dead. Residual Neural Channeling Agent shares a cooldown with regular potions, but if you do not expect to receive a combat resurrection anytime soon, you should go ahead and use one to help the rest of the raid/group.
Best Food for Assassination
If available, Grand Banquet of the Kalu'ak/ Hoard of Draconic Delicacies or Fated Fortune Cookie is your food of choice for some additional Agility. Otherwise, Thousandbone Tongueslicer is the best food for more Critical Strike and Mastery.
Additional, Optional Consumables
While they are not as necessary for success in areas of content as phials, potions and food, there are some additional consumables available for a small amount of extra temporary power for your character.
Weapon Runes function similarly to Weapon Oils of previous expansions, applying a temporary buff to your weapon that is not removed on death. In Dragonflight, you will want to use Buzzing Rune for Critical Strike.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Page updated for the Patch 10.2 Rogue rework.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Page was reviewed for Patch 10.1.7 and no changes were necessary.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated Onyx Annulet paragraph to no longer recommend farming it after 10.1.5 Annulet nerfs.
- 06 Jun. 2023: Added Belt Clasp and Lambent Armor Kit as alternative Leg Enchant. Added Corrupting Rage Phial discussion.
- 01 May 2023: Page reviewed for Patch 10.1. Updated Onyx Annulet recommendations.
- 26 Mar. 2023: Updated Primordial Gem recommendations for latest hotfixes.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2023: Updated Armor Kits, added Fortune Cookie food.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5