Assassination Rogue DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Rogue enchants and consumables.
Best Gems for Assassination Rogue
Best Enchants for Assassination Rogue
It is always recommended to sim yourself to find out what enchants provide the best benefit to you individually. Haste, Mastery and Critical Strike can all be very close in value, which may lead to you getting more benefit out of Mastery or Haste enchants and gems.
Consumables for Assassination Rogue
Best Flasks and Potions for Assassination
Greater Flask of the Currents should be used for raids. For potions, you should use Potion of Unbridled Fury for pure single target, Superior Battle Potion of Agility for 2 or 3-target fights, and Potion of Empowered Proximity for 4 or more targets.
Since Patch 8.0.1, Healthstones no longer share a cooldown with health potions. This means that players should always use Abyssal Healing Potions and Healthstones whenever available.
Best Food for Assassination
Based on your strongest secondary stat, it is highly recommended to use the corresponding food for that stat instead of Famine Evaluator And Snack Table. The three options here are:
- Critical Strike — Mech-Dowel's "Big Mech" or the cheaper Honey-Glazed Haunches;
- Haste — Baked Port Tato or the cheaper Swamp Fish 'n Chips;
- Mastery — Abyssal-Fried Rissole or the cheaper Sailor's Pie.
Augment Runes for Assassination
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
Starting in patch 8.3 you can also use the re-usable Lightning-Forged Augment Rune to increase your primary stat by an equal amount.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Nov. 2019: Added enchant/gem disclaimer, added Haste/Mastery food options.
- 17 Sep. 2019: Updated potion choice.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Updated weapon enchants, based on recent developments.
- 12 Jul. 2019: Updated for the release of Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated Healthstone advice.
- Big PvP Updates Coming to Shadowlands Beta
- Average Player Leveling in the Pre-patch and Shadowlands Will Take 8-10 Hours
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854: Class Changes Recap
- Player Solos All Alliance Faction Leaders
- Shadowlands Mythic Season 1 End-of-Run Rewards Capped Below Castle Nathria Heroic Item Level
- Shaman Class Changes in Shadowlands Beta 9.0.2 Build 35854
- Engineer's Workshop: The WoW Companion App and Multi-Expansion Support
- Fan-Made Shadowlands Login Screen