Balance Druid DPS Easy Mode — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, we explain how to easily play Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. The Basics of Balance Druids
- 3. Talent Choice for Balance Druids
- 4. Stat Choice for Balance Druids
- 5. Basic Rotation for Balance Druids
- 6. When Will Dragonflight Season 3 Start?
- 7. Affix Changes in Dragonflight Season 3
- 8. Mythic+ Affix Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
- 9. Mythic+ Dungeon Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
- 10. Mythic+ Portals in Valdrakken
- 11. Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Weekly Chest in Dragonflight Season 3
- 12. The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
- 13. Where to Upgrade Dungeon Gear in Dragonflight?
- 14. Dungeon Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
- 15. Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 3 Rewards
- 16. Dungeon Teleports in Dragonflight
- 17. Mythic+ Tier Lists for Season 3
This page is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous subtleties and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of Balance Druids
Balance Druid has a single target and multi-target rotation, which both require good DoT uptime and proper building and spending of Astral Power. Cooldowns should be used as they come up unless they can be used at a better opportunity without losing a use over the period you are in combat.
Balance Druid has an Eclipse cycle-based gameplay loop. You will enter Solar Eclipse on single and two targets and Lunar Eclipse on three or more targets. You cast Wrath in Solar Eclipse and Starfire in Lunar Eclipse.
On a single target, you will use your cooldowns as they come up or when you can stack multiple cooldowns together. You will use Starsurge as your way to spend Astral Power. On multiple targets, you will instead cast Starfall as your main way to spend Astral Power.
For more information about your spells and their interactions, please refer to our spell summary page.
Talent Choice for Balance Druids
The following talent choices are effectively best in all situations but some niche situations. Make sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build ingame.
This is a good all-around tree for most content. This is a hybrid build as well as a pure multi-target build.
Pure single target builds do not take Starfall however you will want to Starfall on 2-targets.If you are doing more single-target-oriented content, use the following talent build:
On a pure single target, you do go into Solar Eclipse, and you use Warrior of Elune to get into Solar Eclipse quickly.
Talents such as Typhoon, Convoke the Spirits, and Orbital Strike can be used more effectively in the open-world or solo-player content.
If you are looking for a more detailed analysis of each talent and the situations in which it could be taken, check out the full talents page below.
Stat Choice for Balance Druids
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Stats for Balance Druid are consistent in most situations. Item level is the main determining factor in gearing up. For more details on how each stat interacts with our abilities and how stat weights can change, head to the full stats page on the link below.
Basic Rotation for Balance Druids
The general Balance Druid rotation is based on a priority list. This is the priority for a single target. Lunar is the preferred Eclipse state. Aim to be inside an Eclipse state at all times during your rotation.
Single Target Basic Rotation for Balance Druids
- Cast and keep up Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare(if talented)
- Enter Celestial Alignment (or Incarnation: Chosen of Elune)
- If you do not have cooldowns, cast 2 Starfires to enter Solar Eclipse
- Cast Starsurge to not cap on Astral Power
- Cast Wrath as your primary filler.
There are a variety of smaller cooldowns that Balance Druid has access to depending on what you talent into. Most of these talents that become spells generate Astral Power. There are a few main rules when using the majority of these cooldowns:
- When using a cooldown, do not allow your Astral Power to cap.
- Try to stack your cooldowns together to improve their effectiveness.
- Do not lose a usage of your cooldowns unless there is a good reason to not use them.
Multi Target Basic Rotation for Balance Druids
- Cast and keep up Moonfire and Sunfire on targets that will live more than 6 seconds
- Enter Celestial Alignment (or Incarnation: Chosen of Elune)
- If you do not have cooldowns, cast 2 Wraths to enter Lunar Eclipse
- Cast Starfall to not cap on Astral Power
- Inside Celestial Alignment (or Incarnation: Chosen of Elune, cast Starfire if there are additional targets within 8 yards of your main target. Cast Wrath if the targets are spread out.
- When only in Lunar Eclipse, cast Starfire
- When there are less than 1.5-seconds left (or the cast time of your Wrath) in your Eclipse, cast Wrath
There are a few factors when facing multiple targets that can influence how you play.
If the targets are spread, apply Moonfire while you wait for them to group into Sunfire range. The same goes for cooldowns; the more targets you can deal damage to, the better your cooldown will be. You should remember not to lose a use.
If the targets are not going to live a long time, burst becomes more effective than damage over time. Do not apply Moonfire to multiple targets if they will die quickly. It is better to use your Astral Power.
For more specific information related to the rotation and the specific rules, you can head over to our Rotation page.
When Will Dragonflight Season 3 Start?
Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 3 starts on November 14 in North America or November 15 in Europe.
Affix Changes in Dragonflight Season 3
In Patch 10.2, the Keystone Level for certain affixes has changed:
- Keystone Level 2 Affixes: Fortified, Tyrannical.
- Keystone Level 7 Affixes: Afflicted, Incrorporeal, Entangling, Storming, Volcanic.
- Keystone Level 14 Affixes: Bolstering, Bursting, Raging, Sanguine, Spiteful.
You will learn more about them in our affix guide.
Mythic+ Affix Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
The following affix rotation will be active when Season 3 begins.
- Week 1: Tyrannical, Storming, Raging.
- Week 2: Fortified, Entangling, Bolstering.
- Week 3: Tyrannical, Incorporeal, Spiteful.
- Week 4: Fortified, Afflicted, Raging.
- Week 5: Tyrannical, Volcanic, Sanguine.
- Week 6: Fortified, Storming, Bursting.
- Week 7: Tyrannical, Afflicted, Bolstering.
- Week 8: Fortified, Incorporeal, Sanguine.
- Week 9: Tyrannical, Entangling, Bursting.
- Week 10: Fortified, Volcanic, Spiteful.
Mythic+ Dungeon Rotation in Dragonflight Season 3
The following dungeons are on rotation in Season 3:
- Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond's Fall;
- Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise;
- Waycrest Manor (Battle for Azeroth);
- Atal'Dazar (Battle for Azeroth);
- Darkheart Thicket (Legion);
- Black Rook Hold (Legion);
- Throne of the Tides (Cataclysm);
- The Everbloom (Warlords of Draenor)
Mythic+ Portals in Valdrakken
Season 3 is currently unavailable for testing on the 10.2 PTR. We will add more details about Valdrakken portals when it begins on live servers. We assume you will find convenience portals right behind Lindormi near the stairs leading to the Seat of the Aspects area.
Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Weekly Chest in Dragonflight Season 3
The item level of dungeon rewards and Great Vault loot is increasing in Patch 10.2 as follows:
|Difficulty Level||End-of-Run Item Level||Weekly Reward Item Level|
The Great Vault (Dragonflight Weekly Chest)
The Dragonflight Weekly Chest requires you to clear a certain number of Dungeons per week to unlock item choices in the Dungeons category. You can find more details about the Great Vault and the requirements in our separate guide.
Where to Upgrade Dungeon Gear in Dragonflight?
You can upgrade gear with Flightstones and crests in Valdrakken's Gladiator's Refuge. Talk to Corxian, located at 45.43 38.54. Alternatively, you will also find him in Emerald Dream's Central Encampment.
You will find more details about gear tracks in our gear upgrading guide.
Dungeon Gear Tracks in Dragonflight Season 3
When you obtain gear in Dragonflight Season 3, it will have one of the following tracks — Adventurer, Veteran, Champion, Heroic, and Mythic. Each track has different upgrade levels, upgrade requirements, and item-level ranges.
|Gear Track||Item Level of Drops||Upgradeable to|
Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 3 Rewards
Seasonal rewards include a title, mount, dungeon teleports, and an item that unlocks additional visual effects for Amirdrassil Tier Sets.
- Dragonflight Keystone Explorer: Season Three — Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 750 during Dragonflight Season 3.
- Dragonflight Keystone Conqueror: Season Three — Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 1,500 during Dragonflight Season 3. Rewards The Dreaming title.
- Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season Three — Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 2,000 during Dragonflight Season 3. Rewards the Verdant Armoredon mount. When you earn the achievement, you will also receive Dragonflight Season 3 Master and 1 Emerald Mark of Mastery, which can be turned in for 1 Heroic Amirdrassil tier set armor piece.
- Dragonflight Keystone Hero: Season Three — Attain a Mythic+ Rating of at least 2,500 during Dragonflight Season 3. You will automatically earn the Dragonflight Season 3 Hero achievement and Emerald Blossom Dreamstone, that unlocks additional visual effects for certain Amirdrassil class set appearances. The unlock is account-wide.
- Dungeon Teleports — Earned for each dungeon by completing a +20 or higher in that dungeon.
The Keystone Master mount for Season 3 is Verdant Armoredon.
Dungeon Teleports in Dragonflight
You can earn dungeon teleports by completing a timed Keystone Level +20 higher run for that dungeon.
- Keystone Hero: Atal'Dazar — Complete Atal'Dazar at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward: Teleport: Atal'Dazar.
- Keystone Hero: Black Rook Hold — Complete Black Rook Hold at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward: Teleport: Black Rook Hold.
- Keystone Hero: Darkheart Thicket — Complete Darkheart Thicket at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward: Teleport: Darkheart Thicket.
- Keystone Hero: Dawn of the Infinite — Complete Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond's Fall and Dawn of the Infinite: Murozond's Rise at at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward Teleport: Dawn of the Infinite.
- Keystone Hero: The Everbloom — Complete The Everbloom at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward Teleport: The Everbloom.
- Keystone Hero: Throne of the Tides — Complete Throne of the Tides at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward: Teleport: Throne of the Tides.
- Keystone Hero: Waycrest Manor — Complete Waycrest Manor at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit. Reward: Teleport: Waycrest Manor.
Mythic+ Tier Lists for Season 3
If you are wondering which class is best for Mythic+, our writer Petko has put together Mythic+ Tier Lists for Dragonflight Season 3.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.0.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 08 May 2023: Updated for May 9th Hotfixes.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.0.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated talent choices and some basic info.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Updated talent recommendations.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)