Balance Druid DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1
On this page, we explain how to easily play Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.0.1, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This page is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous subtleties and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of Balance Druids
Balance Druid is a caster specialization that deals good single and multi-target DPS, but has a slightly difficult/demanding rotation which when optimized requires both reactive gameplay and pre-planning to master.
3. Talent Choice for Balance Druids
The following talent choices are effectively best in all situations.
- Level 15: Force of Nature or Warrior of Elune (multiple targets)
- Level 30: Wild Charge (high movement/short-distance travel) or Tiger Dash (long-distance travel)
- Level 45: Restoration Affinity
- Level 60: Typhoon
- Level 75: Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
- Level 90: Twin Moons
- Level 100: Fury of Elune or Shooting Stars (single target)
4. Stat Choice for Balance Druids
Currently, you will want to prioritize stats as follows:
- Critical Strike = Versatility;
5. Basic Rotation for Balance Druids
The single target and two target Balance Druid rotation is based on the following priority list.
- Apply and maintain Moonfire, Sunfire on the target.
- Cast Starsurge to consume Astral Power.
- Cast Lunar Strike while you have Lunar Empowerment up.
- Use Solar Wrath while you have Solar Empowerment up.
- Cast Solar Wrath without an empowerment, to generate Astral Power. If you can cleave onto a second target, cast Lunar Strike.
At all times, you should avoid generating Astral Power when you are at maximum capacity.
Against multiple targets, the rotation is the following, assuming you are fighting 3+ enemies (if fighting 2 enemies, use your single target rotation against one of them).
- Cast Starfall to consume Astral Power.
- Apply and maintain Moonfire, Sunfire on all targets, if they will live longer than 6 seconds.
- Cast Solar Wrath when you have a Solar Empowerment and Lunar Strike if you receive a Lunar Empowerment through the Eclipse passive.
- Cast Solar Wrath to generate Astral Power, but if you can hit one additional target with Lunar Strike, use that instead.
6. Cooldowns for Balance Druids
Your only cooldown is Celestial Alignment (or Incarnation: Chosen of Elune if you talent it). You should aim to use these cooldowns as many times as possible throughout an encounter. Ideally, you can also time it so that it is active if a boss takes increased damage.
- 04 Oct. 2018: Several updates to talents.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated level 75 talent recommendation.
- WoW Netflix Show Fan Trailer
- The Hivemind Hunt & Warcraft Secrets Website
- Atal'Dazar +13 Soloed by Demon Hunter
- Cataclysm's 8th Anniversary
- Turning Off War Mode Outside Capital Cities in 8.1
- Mythic Cache Next Week
- Patch 8.1 Summary and Survival Guide [Official]
- No Crossover Rewards Between Classic & Retail WoW
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.0.1
- Affliction Warlock 8.0.1
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Demonology Warlock 8.0.1
- Sim and pack alpha
- Classic WoW Guilds - A Discord Built For The Community
- Rezan and Reign Death