Balance Druid DPS Macros and Addons — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1.1. Generic Macros for Druids
- #showtooltip Rebirth
- /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
This macro casts Rebirth on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Rebirth on your current target.
1.1.2. Remove Corruption
- #showtooltip Remove Corruption
- /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption
Using this macro will cast Remove Corruption on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Remove Corruption.
1.2. Specific Macros for Balance Druids
1.2.1. Starfall Cursor Macro
- #showtooltip Starfall
- /cast [@cursor] Starfall
This macro allows you to cast Starfall at the location of your cursor without requiring you to also click with your mouse.
1.2.2. Talent Swap Macro
These will swap your talents on your bars automatically when you swap the talent in your tree.
- /cast [@cursor, talent: 1/3] Force of Nature
- /cast [talent: 1/2] Warrior of Elune
- /cast [talent: 4/1] Mighty Bash
- /cast [talent: 4/2] Mass Entanglement
- /cast [talent: 4/3] Typhoon
2.1. Generic Addons for Druids
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
2.1.2. Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
2.1.4. Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
2.1.5. Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
2.1.6. Weak Auras
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
2.1.7. Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
2.1.8. Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to decurse raid or party members by right clicking their frame in the raid of party frame. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
2.2. Specific Addons for Balance Druids
There is one WeakAuras pack that is extremely useful for Balance Druids in managing your Empowerment stacks, tracking and predicting your Astral Power, and maintaining your DoTs. This is the updated AP Pro Bar, and is highly recommended.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 13 Jan. 2019: Updated AP Pro Bar.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed for Patch 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 11 Aug. 2018: Added Talent Swap macro.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated WeakAura recommendation.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement