Balance Druid DPS Macros and Addons — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful macros and addons to make your life easier when playing your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Druid addons and macros.
Balance Druids and Druids in general have some pretty good macros you can use to smooth out your gameplay or speed up using your utility in a hectic moment.
Generic Macros for Druids
- #showtooltip Rebirth
- /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
This macro casts Rebirth on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player. Otherwise, it casts Rebirth on your current target.
- #showtooltip Remove Corruption
- /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption
Using this macro will cast Remove Corruption on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Remove Corruption.
Specific Macros for Balance Druids
With the GCD changes, there are going to be several quick macros that are used to shave off any unnecessary downtime.
- #showtooltip Warrior of Elune
- /cast Warrior of Elune
- /cast Starfire
Here are some of the utility driven mouseover macros you can use.
- #showtooltip Innervate
- /cast [@mouseover,exists] Innervate
- #showtooltip Rebirth
- /cast [@mouseover,exists] Rebirth
At cursor macros save you an extra click and places certain spells at your cursor.
- #showtooltip Force of Nature
- /cast [@cursor] Force of Nature
- #showtooltip Ursol's Vortex
- /cast [@cursor] Ursol's Vortex
The below macro can be altered given any extra off GCD abilities.
- #showtooltip Celestial Alignment
- /cast Celestial Alignment
- /use [Insert trinket name here]
- /cast Berserking
The next two macros are good for multi-dotting new targets using their unit frams without swapping off of your main target.
- #showtooltip Moonfire
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]Moonfire
- #showtooltip Sunfire
- /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]Sunfire
These will swap your talents on your bars automatically when you swap the talent in your tree.
- /cast [@cursor, talent: 1/3] Force of Nature
- /cast [talent: 1/2] Warrior of Elune
- /cast [talent: 4/1] Mighty Bash
- /cast [talent: 4/2] Mass Entanglement
- /cast [talent: 4/3] Heart of the Wild
Generic Addons for Druids
Here, at Icy Veins, we use ElvUI for all our characters. This addon is a complete replacement of the default User Interface. It comes with almost everything you need to perform properly: action bars, cooldown timers, proc display, etc.
We strongly recommend that you get this addon and our forum moderator Pandacho has written a quick configuration guide for it.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. We strongly recommend you to get one such addon. At Icy Veins, we mostly use Deadly Boss Mods, the most popular boss mod. A good alternative is Big Wigs.
GTFO is a lightweight addon that notifies you when you are standing in harmful effects or when you are making other such mistakes. It is very useful, even if your boss mod is already alerting you of such things.
Omen Threat Meter
Omen Threat Meter is the most popular addon for displaying the current threat levels on your target. We recommend you to use it to avoid taking aggro when the tank is still building up threat on an enemy.
Parrot or Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
Parrot and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text are highly customisable addons for displaying floating battle text while in combat (incoming heals, damage of your spells, etc.). They both work very well by default.
WeakAuras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns. It is highly customisable and it can make it much, much easier to keep track of your procs and play your spec more proficiently. It can also be used for a variety of other functions.
Recount / Skada / Details!
Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS (Healing Per Second). This add-on is not really lightweight, and provides a very high amount of information (and it can sometimes cause issues with performance). It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.
An alternative to Recount (similar in function, so the choice is personal preference) is Details!.
A lightweight alternative to Recount and Details! is Skada Damage Meter.
Grid and GridClickSets (Optional)
ElvUI comes with decent raid frames. The only real reason for using Grid and GridClickSets is if you want to be able to decurse raid or party members by right clicking their frame in the raid of party frame. If you choose to go with Grid, then you might want to also use GridStatusRaidDebuff.
TellMeWhen is an extremely useful addon with a user-friendly interface that allows you to track a multitude of things, from internal cooldowns, to buffs, debuffs, and procs.
Specific Addons for Balance Druids
Balance Druid has a large amount of crucial information to keep track of. Using Weakauras, you can find class resource and ability bars and snap it to the center of your screen. Use Wago.io to search for one that suits your style and is easy to keep track of your abilities.
- 31 Jan. 2021: Added several new macros.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- More Detailed Sanctum of Domination Seak Peek Preview
- All Bear Druid Heroic Castle Nathria Clear
- Shaman & Warrior Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- How to Unlock Using Mounts in the Maw and Korthia in Patch 9.1
- Warlock Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- Rogue Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- A Fan-Made Pepe Mount and... a Literal Gnome Mount??
- How to Get the Slime Serpent Secret Mount in Shadowlands