Balance Druid Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Are Zandalari Trolls good for Balance Druid?
The Troll racial still remains slightly superior DPS-wise to the other Horde races, including Zandalari Troll; however, with different utility actives that heal (Akunda), provide defensive stats (Krag'wa), or increase your speed (Gonk), players can find other uses for a race than damage output. If you are focused on DPS, the Embrace of Pa'ku is a Critical Strike buff that grants you short periods of 4% Critical Strike and is a strong overall choice. Embrace of Kimbul is best for pure single target.
Are Kul Tiran Humans good for Balance Druid
DPS-wise, the Night Elves night-time passive is a bit stronger than the added Versatility that Kul Tirans provide. The 1% Versatility increase is a stronger Highmountain Tauren buff because it also heals damage back as you take it. Combined with a stun and additional elemental damage reduction, Kul Tirans are one of the tankier races in Battle for Azeroth.
How good is Balance Druid in Battle for Azeroth (Patch 8.2)?
Balance Druid is currently one of the strongest single-target classes in the game for Patch 8.2. With some of our better essences on the horizon, the gap could widen further than it already is. For our list of strengths and weaknesses, check our Introduction page.
Is there a Haste cap for Balance Druid?
There are no Haste caps for Balance Druids. All damage-over-time effects scale dynamically with your Haste and other stats. There are also no effects that require you to reach any specific amount of Haste. For the best results, you should sim using Raidbots.
When Do I Use Twin Moons?
What Gear, Trinkets, Azerite is Best?
There are so many things that affect which pieces of gear we equip. From what type of content we are doing, to the quality of the piece, to the slot it is equipped in.
There are two main ways to approach gearing. The first is logic and the second knowledge. Generally, you can use some checkmarks to decide if a piece is good or not. Is it within a reasonable item level, did it roll a socket? For trinkets, is it a damage proc which is normally good on single target, or a stat proc which can be good in all situations? How good is the Azerite Trait, does it have a good Middle Ring, if it is a bad trait, does it have a higher item level? Learning the class will help you through most obvious gearing puzzles.
The most accurate way is through simming your character through Raidbots. The Top Gear section allows you to select a variety of different gear and Azerite Traits and sims all possible variations and combinations within its limits.
Which race is best for Balance Druid?
In Patch 8.2, all the different races are very close to each other in terms of DPS. For the exact sims, check our Simulations page.
For Horde, Troll offers burst damage via Berserking, while Highmountain Tauren and regular Tauren offer mobility, tankiness, and crowd control for slightly weaker damage passive effects.
For Alliance, Night Elves offer shifting passive damage effects that increase Critical Strike or Haste. Worgens trade some damage from only having a Critical Strike passive for some increased mobility.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of Patch 8.2
- 15 May 2019: Moved the best Azerite setup to gearing page.
- 16 Apr. 2019: The Azerite suggestions on this page have been updated.
- 18 Mar. 2019: Updated Zandalari and BiS Azerite sections.
- 13 Mar. 2019: Added sections for Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 17 Dec. 2018: Added several additional questions and answers.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Added for Patch 8.1.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk