Balance Druid Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
Are Zandalari Trolls good for Balance Druid?
The Troll racial still remains slightly superior DPS-wise to the other Horde races, including Zandalari Troll; however, with different utility actives that heal (Akunda), provide defensive stats (Krag'wa), or increase your speed (Gonk), players can find other uses for a race than damage output. If you are focused on DPS, the Embrace of Pa'ku is a Critical Strike buff that grants you short periods of 4% Critical Strike and is a strong overall choice. Embrace of Kimbul is best for pure single target.
Are Kul Tiran Humans good for Balance Druid
DPS-wise, the Night Elves night-time passive is a bit stronger than the added Versatility that Kul Tirans provide. The 1% Versatility increase is a stronger Highmountain Tauren buff because it also heals damage back as you take it. Combined with a stun and additional elemental damage reduction, Kul Tirans are one of the tankier races in Battle for Azeroth.
How good is Balance Druid in Battle for Azeroth (Patch 8.3)?
Balance Druid is looking pretty good as a ranged class in the upcoming Ny'alotha raid, with its powerful single-target and high on demand burst DPS. While there is plenty of passive cleave in most PvE content both in raid and in Dungeons, our ability to provide utility and burst outweighs our mediocre multi-target. For a complete list of our strengths and weaknesses, check our Introduction page.
Is there a Haste cap for Balance Druid?
There are no Haste caps for Balance Druids. All damage-over-time effects scale dynamically with your Haste and other stats. There are also no effects that require you to reach any specific amount of Haste. For the best results, you should sim using Raidbots.
When Do I Use Twin Moons?
What Gear, Trinkets, Azerite is Best?
There are so many things that affect which pieces of gear we equip. From what type of content we are doing, to the quality of the piece, to the slot it is equipped in.
There are two main ways to approach gearing. The first is logic and the second knowledge. Generally, you can use some checkmarks to decide if a piece is good or not. Is it within a reasonable item level, did it roll a socket? For trinkets, is it a damage proc which is normally good on single target, or a stat proc which can be good in all situations? How good is the Azerite Trait, does it have a good Middle Ring, if it is a bad trait, does it have a higher item level? Learning the class will help you through most obvious gearing puzzles.
The most accurate way is through simming your character through Raidbots. The Top Gear section allows you to select a variety of different gear and Azerite Traits and sims all possible variations and combinations within its limits.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated for The Eternal Palace.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of Patch 8.2
- 15 May 2019: Moved the best Azerite setup to gearing page.
- 16 Apr. 2019: The Azerite suggestions on this page have been updated.
- 18 Mar. 2019: Updated Zandalari and BiS Azerite sections.
- 13 Mar. 2019: Added sections for Kul Tiran Humans and Zandalari Trolls.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor.
- 17 Dec. 2018: Added several additional questions and answers.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Added for Patch 8.1.
- Jailer Hound Mounts in Shadowlands
- Original WoW Designer on World Buffs and Their Creation/Purpose
- The Man of a Hundred Armor Sets: the Handclaw Interview
- Naked Paladin One-Shotting the Horde
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: Class Changes
- Unique Icy Veins Death Knight Armor Set by Handclaw
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34490: New Anima Powers
- Shade Beast Mounts in Shadowlands