Balance Druid DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2. We also give budget alternatives.
1. Secondary Stat Choice for Balance Druids
Haste is Balance Druid's highest simming secondary stat for most players. It is recommended you sim your character on Raidbots to get accurate results. Depending on your gear, you may want enchants, gems, and other player enhancement items that are not listed as recommended on this page.
2. Best Gems for Balance Druids
You should use a single Leviathan's Eye of Intellect in your first socket. After the first socket use Quick Sand Spinel depending on your current stat layout. You can also use cheaper options ( Quick Owlseye) if you are short on funds. If you cannot afford the first Leviathan gem, there is no better option that gives the same type of benefit and you should go straight into secondary stat choices.
3. Best Enchants for Balance Druids
4. Consumables for Balance Druids
4.1. Best Flasks and Potions for Balance
There are a variety of potions you can use depending on the content or battle you are fighting.
- For single target, use Potion of Focused Resolve. If you deal damage to other targets, this loses the maximum Critical Strike effectiveness.
- For one to three targets, you can use Potion of Unbridled Fury. Use this when you damage other targets but want to focus down a main target.
- Superior Battle Potion of Intellect is not used at this time.
- If you can hit four or more enemies within 8-yards of your character, Potion of Empowered Proximity will outscale the generic Intellect Potion.
4.2. Best Food for Balance
You should eat from Haste food ( Baked Port Tato).
At our current gear levels, an Intellect feast buff is still barely equal to secondary stat foods. When we get more Intellect in the future, we may be exclusively eating our own secondary stat foods. The new secondary stat foods all outclass the old feasts.
4.3. Augment Runes for Balance
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Updated Superior Battle Potion of Intellect mentions.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated formatting and removed Mastery mentions.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated the guide for patch 8.2
- 12 May 2019: Removed mentions of Intellect Gems.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1
- 12 Oct. 2018: Minor adjustment to weapon enchants.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Improved potion recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated neck enchant and consumable recommendation.
- Classic Spotlight: Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 12th
- Beguiling Affix - Void-Touched Emissary Nerf: July 12th
- 3 Days of WoW Game Time for Inactive Players
- WoW Classic Beta Ends Today
- Aqueous Reliquary Drop Clarifications
- Hunter Beta Issues - Not a Bug, Fixed and Actual Bugs
- Patch 8.2 Hotfixes: July 11th
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Completely lost here on Icy-Veins
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- One with the Pack - How much Crit?
- Operation: Mechagon Dungeon