Balance Druid DPS Gems, Enchants, and Consumables — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, we list the best gems, enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5. We also give budget alternatives.
Secondary Stat Choice for Balance Druids
Haste is Balance Druid's highest simming secondary stat for most players. It is recommended you sim your character on Raidbots to get accurate results. Depending on your gear, you may want enchants, gems, and other player enhancement items that are not listed as recommended on this page.
Best Gems for Balance Druids
You should use a single Leviathan's Eye of Intellect in your first socket. After the first socket use Quick Sand Spinel or Deadly Lava Lazuli depending on your current stat layout. You can also use cheaper options such as Quick Owlseye if you are short on funds. If you cannot afford the first Leviathan gem, there is no better option that gives the same type of benefit and you should go straight into secondary stat choices.
Best Enchants for Balance Druids
All weapon enchants are extremely close in value and should be simmed using Raidbots.
Consumables for Balance Druids
Best Flasks and Potions for Balance
There are a variety of potions you can use depending on the content or battle you are fighting.
- For one to three targets, you can use Potion of Unbridled Fury. Use this when you damage other targets but want to focus down a main target.
- If you can hit four or more enemies within 8-yards of your character, Potion of Empowered Proximity will outscale the generic Intellect Potion.
- Superior Battle Potion of Intellect is not used at this time.
- Potion of Focused Resolve is not used at this time.
Best Food for Balance
At our current gear levels, an Intellect feast buff gets outclassed by most secondary stat foods.
Augment Runes for Balance
If you can afford it, you should use Battle-Scarred Augment Runes to increase your primary stat. Since there is a finite amount of these runes available, you should make sure to use them wisely and to stock up on them for when you need them.
- 29 Jul. 2019: Expanded on weapon enchants.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Updated Potion of Focused Resolve mentions.
- 08 Jul. 2019: Updated Superior Battle Potion of Intellect mentions.
- 07 Jul. 2019: Updated formatting and removed Mastery mentions.
- 24 Jun. 2019: Updated the guide for patch 8.2
- 12 May 2019: Removed mentions of Intellect Gems.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1
- 12 Oct. 2018: Minor adjustment to weapon enchants.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Improved potion recommendations.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated neck enchant and consumable recommendation.
- Mechagon and Nazjatar Essence Acquisition in Patch 8.3
- Invincible's Reins, Ashes of Al'ar & Pureblood Fire Hawk Drop in the 15th Anniversary Timewalking Raid
- Patch 8.2.5 Hotfixes: November 5th
- Fixed: Anniversary Event Raid Queues Bugged
- The 15-year Anniversary Event Guide Has Arrived
- Patch 8.3: Visions of N'zoth Is Coming Early Next Year
- The 15-Year WoW Anniversary Event Starts This Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Gems for Timewalking Arcane Mage
- Frost Death Knight 8.2
- Completed Quests Checker
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant