Balance Druid DPS Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
Balance Druid in Mythic+
Balance Druid is a strong ranged contender for higher-level Mythic+. While it does come with ramp-up making it worse for lower-level content, once the pull is in full swing, Starfall and Starfire are unparalleled in their uncapped multi-target damage.
In addition to our good throughput at higher key levels, we have the largest utility toolkit as well as solid off-healing.
Mythic+ Talents for Balance Druids
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build ingame.
You can take different talents in the general tree to improve survivability such as Ursine Vigor or an extra point in Well-Honed Instincts.
When moving points around on the Class Tree, I would recommend using Thrash, Rip, and Feline Swiftness. These 3-points give 7% Movement Speed but can be used as seen fit.
Balance Druid Mythic+ Rotation
Both the single-target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Balance Druid DPS rotation, refer back to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Balance Druid Tips
One of the most important things to do in Mythic+ is to pool your Astral Power towards the end of every trash pull to reduce the ramp-up time needed to reach your maximum output. Being able to get directly into your rotation pack-to-pack is extraordinarily helpful when bursting down priority targets.
Use your cooldowns liberally. Treat the whole time you are in the dungeon as though it were a raid encounter. You never lose uses in raid if you can help it , and you should work to do the same in Dungeons. Exceptions are the occasional massive pull or important DPS race boss.
Balance Druid Utility
Balance Druid provides support for the party through damage, healing, and other additional effects such as dispels and mob management.
Specialization Tree Utility
- Solar Beam is one of the strongest silences in the game. Solar Beam can be used to silence a large number of mobs for 8 seconds in a small radius. This can enable pulls that would otherwise be impossible due to an interrupt requirement.
- Force of Nature acts as an artificial taunt that relieves the tank of all melee damage. Ask your group before starting if this is needed, as it comes at a damage loss.
Crowd Control Spells
- Typhoon is an iconic Balance Druid spell. This will knock enemies in front of you away in the direction the cast was aimed. Use this to knock enemies away from the tank, yourself, or away from special mob-specific mechanics such as Sanguine pools.
- Ursol's Vortex is another group of crowd control that can assist in kiting mobs.
- Mighty Bash is a strong 5-second single target stun. This does require you to be in the melee range of the target.
- Incapacitating Roar can be used to stop a group of enemies from casting.
- Entangling Roots can be used to root patrols or crowd control immune packs. In those packs, the main target can normally be rooted, allowing you to handle the leftovers more easily.
- Cyclone can be used to block healing, as a last-resort interrupt, or block the application of dangerous enemy buffs.
- Mass Entanglement can root a group of enemies. It can sometimes be used in niche strategies for bosses.
Dispels and Other Utility
- Soothe will dispel all enrage buffs applied to enemies. This talent is particularly useful during Raging weeks.
- Remove Corruption will dispel Curses and Poisons. This is a great talent on Afflicted weeks.
- Innervate is best used on heavy group damage boss encounters. This will allow you to expand your healer's Mana pool and allow them to extend the duration of the encounter if needed.
- Stampeding Roar provides some additional mobility for skips or just to get through the dungeon faster.
- Nature's Vigil can provide valuable healing, especially on Tyrannical bosses with constant damage.
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix takes effect on key level 7 and the second affix on key level 14
Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of dungeons from boss to trash, depending on the week. Balance Druids will excel during Fortified weeks as our multi-target damage has a short ramp-up time and then will sustain at very high numbers with or without the use of cooldowns. During Tyrannical weeks, players may want to take more single-target oriented trinkets, gear, or even talents, but that will be both dungeon and key level dependent.
Tier Two Affixes
- Raging makes enemies immune to crowd control at 30% Health. This buff is dispellable using Soothe. Not all enemies will need to be Soothed, but you should Soothe enemies that deal excessive group-wide damage.
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies' damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high-health mobs if there are any. Use Cyclone to prevent applications of the buff to a single enemy.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when a mob is slain. This pool will heal remaining enemies who stay inside the zone and also damage players. Balance Druids should use Typhoon to push enemies off of each Sanguine zone.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that deals damage to the whole group. Try not to kill everything at the same time unless you have some way to deal with a large amount of damage.
- Spiteful causes all creatures to spawn a shadow when they are slain. This shadow can be cleaved down but should be kited as it loses Health over time. Stay out of melee to avoid being hit and use Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex, or other Crowd Control and allow it to kill itself.
Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer damage and are knocked into the air. Use Wild Charge or Flap to mitigate if you are hit. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more Volcanic that will spawn.
- Storming is Volcanic for melee; as long as you are not on top of the mobs, you should not have to worry about this, but just do not get hit if you are.
- Incorporeal spawns an enemy that must be crowd-controlled or interrupted. This can be affected by all Crowd Control, including Hibernate.
- Entangling randomly spawns under characters, slowing them until they move 10 yards away. This can be handled by shifting or using Wild Charge.
- Afflicted spawns a friendly unit that needs to be dispelled of its Curse, Poison, or Disease, or it needs to be healed to full. Remove Corruption can almost completely negate this mechanic as it can dispel Curse or Poison.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.0.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5.
- 08 May 2023: New Mythic Plus Season launch.
- 01 May 2023: Updated for new talents in Patch 10.1.0.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated some builds and clarified Starweaver and Rattle the Stars viability.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed and updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Added some notes on Orbital Strike and Pulsar.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Updated talent recommendations.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)