Balance Druid DPS Mythic+ Tips — Dragonflight 10.0.2
In this guide, you will find tips and advice to tackle Mythic+ dungeons with your Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.2.
Balance Druid in Mythic+
Balance Druid is a strong ranged contender for higher-level Mythic+. While it does come with ramp-up making it worse for lower-level content, once the pull is in full swing, Starfall and Starfire are unparalleled in their uncapped multi-target damage.
In addition to our good throughput at higher key levels, we have the largest utility toolkit as well as solid off-healing.
Balance Druid Mythic+ Rotation
Both the single-target and multi-target rotations do not change in Mythic+ content. For more information about the Balance Druid DPS rotation, refer back to the Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities page.
Balance Druid Tips
One of the most important things to do in Mythic+ is to pool your Astral Power towards the end of every trash pull to reduce the ramp-up time needed to reach your maximum output. Being able to get directly into your rotation pack-to-pack is extraordinarily helpful when bursting down priority targets.
Use your cooldowns liberally. Treat the whole time you are in the dungeon as though it were a raid encounter. You never lose uses in raid if you can help it and you should work to do the same in Dungeons. Exceptions are the occasional massive pull or important DPS race boss.
Balance Druid Utility
Balance Druid provides support for the party through damage, healing, and other additional effects such as dispels and mob management.
Specialization Tree Utility
- Solar Beam is one of the strongest silences in the game. Solar Beam can be used to silence a large number of mobs for 8 seconds in a small radius. This can enable pulls that would otherwise be impossible, due to an interrupt requirement. Ask your group before starting if this is needed as it comes at a large damage loss.
- Force of Nature acts as an artificial taunt that relieves the tank of all melee damage. Ask your group before starting if this is needed as it comes at a damage loss.
Crowd Control Spells
- Typhoon is an iconic Balance Druid spell. This will knock enemies in front of you away in the direction the cast was aimed. Use this to knock enemies away from the tank, yourself, or away from special mob-specific mechanics such as Sanguine pools.
- Ursol's Vortex is another group crowd control that can assist in kiting mobs.
- Mighty Bash is a strong 5-second single target stun. This does require you to be in melee range of the target.
- Incapacitating Roar can be used to stop a group of enemies from casting.
- Entangling Roots can be used to root patrols or crowd control immune packs. In those packs, the main target can normally be rooted, allowing you to handle the leftovers more easily.
- Cyclone can be used to block healing, as a last-resort interrupt, or block the application of dangerous enemy buffs.
- Mass Entanglement can root a group of enemies. Can sometimes be used in niche strategies for bosses.
Dispels and Other Utility
- Soothe will dispel all enrage buffs applied to enemies. This talent is particularly useful during Raging weeks.
- Remove Corruption will dispel Curses and Poisons.
- Innervate is best used on heavy group damage boss encounters. This will allow you to expand your healer's Mana pool and allow them to extend the duration of the encounter if needed.
- Stampeding Roar provides some additional mobility for skips or just to get through the dungeon faster.
- Nature's Vigil can provide valuable off healing especially on Tyrannical bosses with constant damage.
Mythic+ Talents for Balance Druids
Be sure to use the 'Copy Export String' button to import our build ingame.
If you are looking to add Solar Beam into your build, I would suggest this talent setup:
There are now three weekly affixes and one seasonal affix. The first affix available instantly at levels two and three, the second affix starts at level four, the third affix is enabled at level seven, and finally, the seasonal affix is at level ten.
Tier One Affixes
- Fortified increases the Health pool of all non-boss enemies by 20% and damage dealt by 30%.
- Tyrannical increases the Health pool of boss enemies by 40% and their damage dealt by 15%.
Fortified and Tyrannical are the two affixes every player will see. These affixes shift the focus of dungeons from boss to trash depending on the week. Balance Druids will excel during Fortified weeks as our multi-target damage has a short ramp-up time and then will sustain at very high numbers with or without the use of cooldowns. During Tyrannical weeks, players may want to take more single-target oriented trinkets, gear, or even talents but that will be both dungeon and key level dependent.
Tier Two Affixes
- Raging increases the damage dealt by enemies below 30% by 100% until they die. This buff is dispellable using Soothe. Not all enemies will need to be Soothed, but you should Soothe enemies that deal excessive group-wide damage.
- Bolstering buffs remaining enemies' Health pools and damage dealt by 20% when an enemy dies nearby. To counter this affix, DPS all mobs down evenly and focus your casts into high Health mobs if there are any. Use Cyclone to prevent applications of the buff to a single enemy.
- Sanguine places a pool of blood on the ground when a mob is slain. This pool will heal remaining enemies who stay inside the zone and also damage players. Balance Druids should use Typhoon to push enemies off of each Sanguine zone.
- Bursting forces enemy mobs to detonate when slain, afflicting the group with a stacking debuff that deals damage to the whole group. Try not to kill everything at the same time unless you have some way to deal with a large amount of damage.
- Spiteful causes all creatures to spawn a shadow when they are slain. This shadow can be cleaved down but should be kited as it loses Health over time. Stay out of melee to avoid being hit and use Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex, or other Crowd Control and allow it to kill itself.
Tier Three Affixes
- Volcanic spawns volcanic plumes underneath and around players when in combat with any enemy. When damaged by Volcanic, players suffer damage and are knocked into the air. Use Wild Charge or Flap to mitigate if you are hit. The more enemies you are in combat with, the more Volcanic that will spawn.
- Grievous afflicts players with a stacking DoT when they fall below 90%. Use Regrowth to remove stacks of the debuff to assist your healers as the initial hit counts as direct healing.
- Quaking requires you to be split from your group after the 3-second debuff expires or risk taking a large chunk of damage. Even when alone, you will still need to stop casting or risk being locked out.
- Explosive will occasionally spawn Explosive Orbs that need to be targeted and burned down within a short period or they will deal significant damage to the party. Explosive Orbs are not cleavable and the number of orbs that spawn scales with the number of enemies pulled.
- Storming is Volcanic for melee, as long as you are not on top of the mobs you should not have to worry about this but just do not get hit if you are.
Thundering is the Season 1 Affix. This mechanic buffs you for 15-seconds but only for 15 seconds. If you do not clear, you will get stunned and take damage.
Overall, this is a straightforward affix. Two of the DPS will clear the debuff as late as possible to avoid getting stunned but maximize the positive effect.
As with most mechanics that require movement, you will want to plan when you are clearing and what you will be doing up to that point. Avoid downtime while you have the buff and attempt to stack any major or minor cooldowns with your mark for even more damage.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 15 Nov. 2022: Updated talent recommendations.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Black Empire Map Exploration in Dragonflight
- Very Useful Interact Button Tip
- Aiding the Accord Weekly Quest Progress Carries Over from Previous Week
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Week #2
- An Overview of Mount Rewards in Dragonflight Season 1
- Vault of the Incarnates Death Knight Tier Set and Set Bonuses
- Torghast in Dragonflight: Easy Achievements & Mounts
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Massive Class Tuning