Balance Druid DPS Spell Summary — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Balance Druid in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Balance DPS Druid spells.
If you are new to Balance, this is a great place to start to get an understanding of how the spec works. On this page we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for within the specialisation, how they interact with each other and also with important cooldowns. If you already have experience with Balance and are comfortable with it in Legion, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
Main Resources for Balance Druids
Aside from using Mana, Balance Druids rely on generating Astral Power and then spending it on an important spell ( Starsurge). Maximizing Astral Power and using it efficiently is very important.
Basic Abilities for Balance Druids
These are your core skills that are available regardless of talents, and form the core gameplay of the specialization.
Moonfire is an Arcane damage DoT that should essentially be always active on the target.
Sunfire is a Nature damage DoT that should also always be active on the target. When applied, the DoT is placed on the primary target as well as any other targets within 8 yards.
Solar Wrath deals Nature damage to the target, and generates Astral Power. This is your primary filler ability. This should be cast when there is nothing else to cast.
Lunar Strike deals Arcane damage to the target and any other enemies within 8 yards, and it also generates Astral Power.
Starfall costs Astral Power to cast and creates a damaging zone that lasts for 8 seconds.
Celestial Alignment is the only cooldown Balance Druids have by default. It has a 3-minute cooldown and for 20 seconds, you deal 15% increased damage and gain 15% increased Haste. This also grants 40 Astral Power.
Important Passive Effects for Balance Druids
Empowerments stack up to 3-charges and are gained via casting Starsurge or gaining one from the Eclipse passive. Empowered abilities do additional damage and empowered Solar Wrath also deals additional damage to all targets within 8-yards as well.
Basic Utility Abilities for Balance Druids
Innervate is a buff you can place on an allied healer, which allows them to cast spells free of Mana cost for 12 seconds.
Barkskin is the main defensive cooldown for Balance Druids. It provides us with a 20% damage reduction for 12 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown.
Soothe removes one enrage effect off your target. Druids are one of two classes with this ability.
Solar Beam is the silencing ability for Balance Druids. It creates a zone of light around your target which will silence all enemies inside for up to 8 seconds.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 23 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of Patch 8.2
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 13 Mar. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.1.5.
- 13 Jan. 2019: Cleaned up some formatting.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed for Patch 8.1.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Added Barkskin to the list of spells.
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 2nd
- Optional Crafting Reagents Update: June 2nd
- World First Mythic +28 Tol'Dagor Cleared in Time
- Dredwing Mounts in Shadowlands
- List of Corruption Effects on Sale Through June 5th
- Specific Vendor Corruptions Prediction Theories
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: June 1st
- Fist of Justice / Ineffable Truth Hotfix Cancelled