Destruction Warlock Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Destruction Warlock affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Destruction Warlock in Patch 9.1.5: Chains of Domination
Destruction was untouched by Patch 9.1.5 changes, at least directly. The AoE target cap being lifted for other specialisation just reduces the edge Destruction, among other specs, had in those scenarios. Worth reminding that regardless of diminishing return applied at 5 or 8 targets for specific spells, the softcap for the vast majority of abilities remains at 20 targets at which point increasing the number of targets will not increase the total damage but rather redistribute the value even across all targets.
For the list of changes to the entire Warlock class, and an overview of the content coming in Patch 9.1.5 please refer to our dedicated pages below.
Base Spec Changes for Patch 9.1
At the time of writing, Chaos Bolt has received a flat 10% buff, bringing its Spellpower coefficient up to 320%.
Shadowburn now also refunds a charge if the target dies within 5 seconds, making it an extremely powerful tool for sniping adds and replenishing resources.
Eradication damage buff affects main pet and Summon Infernal.
Best Talents in Patch 9.1.5 for Destruction Warlock
Due to Chaos Bolt buff, Eradication is the best numerical choice in single-target (followed by Soul Fire) and especially in 2 targets cleave.
Shadowburn cleave on dying target is extremely effective and substantially buffs Destruction performance in dungeons.
Best Legendary in Patch 9.1.5 for Destruction Warlock
When using Necrolord, the new Shard of Annihilation is extremely competitive in single-target.
The buff to Chaos Bolt and the possible change in talent choices could influence the Legendary choice from Cinders of the Azj'Aqir toward Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar in single-target and Madness of the Azj'Aqir in two target cleave.
Best Covenant in Patch 9.1.5 for Destruction Warlock
Necrolord with Heirmir offer very competitive damage in single- and 2-target cleave, but Night Fae remain the most versatile choice when playing multiple specializations. Necrolords offer great overlap between Demonology and Destruction, but fall short with Affliction.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 13 Jul. 2021: Removed PTR disclaimer.
- 27 Jun. 2021: baseline changes, legendary and covenant recommendations updated.
- 05 May 2021: Page created.
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Warmace of Shirvallah (Hidden Enhancement Shaman Artifact Appearance) Available This Week
- Season 3 Patch 10.2.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 5
- Heroic Fyrakk Kill Yields 6 Fyr'alaths After Bad Luck Protection Buff
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Player Hits Jackpot: A Decade of Rare Mounts in Just Days!
- Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th