Destruction Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Destruction Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Cinders of the Azj'Aqir||Legs or Back||Castle Nathria (Sludgefist)|
|Mythic+||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Finger or Wrist||De Other Side (Manastorms)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
Cinders of the Azj'Aqir is the preferred choice for raiding, due to ease of use and decent single and 2-target output.
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is a default choice whenever the Rain of Chaos talent is selected, enabling an incredible burst on a shorter cooldown, further reduced the more targets and therefore the more Shards can be spent.
For solo content, Relic of Demonic Synergy offers a non-conditional damage increase for both the player and the pet.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Destruction Warlock
Among the newly introduced Covenant-specific legendaries in Patch 9.1, Necrolord Shard of Annihilation offers a very competitive output in 2-target cleave, but especially single target scenarios.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir offers high damage output on up to 2 targets, but requires a certain degree of familiarity with the rotation, especially when Roaring Blaze is talented.
- Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar offers the highest pure single target damage turning Havoc in a mini cooldown window, coupled with Roaring Blaze and possibly Eradication.
- For Necrolord players Shard of Annihilation offers similar performance to Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar.
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir is the best strict 2-target cleave option.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be considered when more frequent and stronger burst, or heavier AoE are required.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is the preferred option for instanced and challenging content, in combination with Rain of Chaos, especially if the group can pull around Infernal cooldown.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is the second option, performing well in any condition.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment can be considered, especially when talenting Fire and Brimstone.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
What Slot Should Legendaries by Crafted For?
There are few elements to take into consideration when deciding what slot to dedicate for a legendary craft:
- First and foremost there is the stat budget of individual slots which favour the likes of Head, Chest, and Legs for their higher amount of stats overall.
- Secondly, people actively clearing Raiding have access to the last two bosses' loot tables, which present higher item level, thus crafting a Legendary in these slots is relatively less appealing.
- In the same vein, in Patch 9.1 the introduction of Shards of Domination further restrict the slot choice, since Head, Shoulder, Chest, Wrist, and Waist can accommodate this new type of gem.
- Last but not least crafting multiple legendaries that share a similar slot make swapping less inconvenient an does not require carrying spare gear.
As a result, the Season 2 legendary priority list is as follow:
- Hands and Back
- Feet and Neck
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Added crafting strategy section.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power