Destruction Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Destruction Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Cinders of the Azj'Aqir||Legs or Back||Castle Nathria (Sludgefist)|
|Mythic+||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Finger or Wrist||De Other Side (Manastorms)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
|Soloing||Relic of Demonic Synergy||Head or Shoulder||Castle Nathria (Stone Legion Generals)|
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is a default choice whenever the Rain of Chaos talent is selected, enabling an incredible burst on a shorter cooldown, further reduced the more targets and therefore the more Shards can be spent.
For solo content, Relic of Demonic Synergy offers a non-conditional damage increase for both the player and the pet.
Best Overall Legendary for Destruction Warlock
For those who are looking for a reliable legendary that works in any situation without exclusion, Relic of Demonic Synergy is the best pick, offering a reliable DPS increase with the bonus of being cross-spec at the same time.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir offers high damage output on up to 2 targets, but requires a certain degree of familiarity with the rotation, especially when Roaring Blaze is talented.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is the second choice, edging over the first depending on talent configuration. It scales better with more targets than Cinders of the Azj'Aqir and has the added benefit of being a good choice regardless of the spec.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment offers a damage boost in most situations by increasing shard generation through Incinerate.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be considered when more frequent and stronger burst, or heavier AoE are required.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is the preferred option for instanced and challenging content, in combination with Rain of Chaos, especially if the group can pull around Infernal cooldown.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is the second option, performing well in any condition.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment can be considered, especially when talenting Fire and Brimstone.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
Due the limited availability of Soul Ash obtainable each week from Torghast, it is recommended to focus on the Legendary (or the Legendaries) with the bigger impact on the activities relevant to the player.
The choice between crafting multiple Legendaries or a single one of a higher level mostly depends on what spec/content the player focuses on, and the degree of flexibility versus focused power desired.
If the focus is a single spec, it is advisable to craft the most impactful choice at the highest possible level.
If the focus is flexibility across multiple spec the more sensible path is to start with Relic of Demonic Synergy as starting point, branching out accordingly to the spec played:
- Perpetual Agony of Azj'Aqir for Affliction in Dungeons and multi target scenarios;
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare for Demonology;
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning for Destruction.
Below is a quick break-down of the expected legendary upgrade cadence, based on current Soul Ash income:
- Week 1 — 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 2 — 1 Rank 2 item
- Week 3 — 1 Rank 3 item OR 1 Rank 2 item + 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 4 — 1 Rank 3 item + 1 Rank 1 item OR 2 Rank 2 items
- Week 5 — 1 Rank 4 item OR 1 Rank 3 item + 1 Rank 2 item OR 2 Rank 2 items + 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 6 — 1 Rank 4 item + 1 Rank 1 item OR 2 Rank 3 items OR 3 Rank 2 items
- 03 Dec. 2020: Added crafting strategy section.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- The Most Popular DPS for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 Week 7
- Player Counts All Anima Items... and It's a Bit Much
- How to Get the Carpal Pet in Shadowlands
- Threads of Fate Free Covenant Switch Methods
- Patch 9.0.2 and Classic Hotfixes: January 20th
- Huge Spell Batching Changes: Classic 1.13.7 PTR
- Stoneborn Brought Into Battleground Potential Exploit
- Players Can Do Mythic+ Below Level 60!