Destruction Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Destruction Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
With 9.2 the Unity Legendary effect will be added, granting your Covenant Legendary effect alongside your primary choice. You must wear Unity to be able to use two Legendaries.
Being tied to the Covenants currently used the effects will be the following:
- Kyrian Languishing Soul Detritus: When Scouring Tithe generates Soul Shards, gain 100% increased movement speed and 100% increased critical strike chance for 8 sec.
- Necrolord Shard of Annihilation: Decimating Bolt also increases the critical strike chance and critical strike damage of Demonbolt / Incinerate / Shadow Bolt (or Drain Soul if talented) by 15%.
- Night Fae Decaying Soul Satchel: Each target affected by Soul Rot increases your Haste and Critical strike chance by 5% for the duration.
- Venthyr Contained Perpetual Explosion: Impending Catastrophe damage over time is increased by 125% plus 15% for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target.
Best Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Cinders of the Azj'Aqir||Legs or Back||Castle Nathria (Sludgefist)|
|Mythic+||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Finger or Wrist||De Other Side (Manastorms)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
After acquiring the Tier set:
|Raiding||Madness of the Azj'Aqir||Hands or Head||World Boss (Nurgash Muckformed)|
|Mythic+||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Wrist or Finger||De Other Side (Manastorms)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Wristr, Neck, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
Madness of the Azj'Aqir is the preferred choice for single-target after acquiring the Destruction Warlock 4-Piece.
Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is the best choice for 2-target cleave, and even the best single-target option when playing Necrolords.
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is a default choice in multitarget with Rain of Chaos talent selected, enabling an incredible burst on a shorter cooldown, further reduced the more targets and therefore the more Shards can be spent.
Stable Phantasma Lure is a natural choice for Torghast, as the added Phantasma gains should allow you to complete your Anima Power setup quicker and more reliably.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar turns Havoc in a mini cooldown window in single-target, offering good output.
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir is the best strict 2-target cleave option before tier comes into play and is the best single-target after.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is a close second options after acquiring the tier set.
- Cinders of the Azj'Aqir is currently overshadowed by other options that better synergise with the tier set.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be considered when more frequent and stronger burst, or heavier AoE are required.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is the preferred option for instanced and challenging content, in combination with Rain of Chaos, especially if the group can pull around Infernal cooldown.
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is the other option for less AoE heavy dungeons, especially when talenting Fire and Brimstone or Cataclysm.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Destruction Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Destruction Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
What Slot Should Legendaries by Crafted For?
There are few elements to take into consideration when deciding what slot to dedicate for a legendary craft:
- First and foremost there is the stat budget of individual slots which favour the likes of Head, Chest and Legs for their higher amount of stats overall.
- Secondly, people actively clearing Raiding have access to the last bosses' loot table, which present higher item level, thus crafting a Legendary in these slots is relatively less appealing.
- In the same vein, in Patch 9.2 the introduction of Tier Sets further restricts the slot choice since you need any 4 of the following slots reserved: Head, Shoulder, Chest, Hands and Legs.
- Last but not least, crafting multiple legendaries that share a similar slot makes swapping less inconvenient and does not require carrying spare gear.
Because the ultimate goal is to have both tier set active and double legendaries equipped the better distribution would be:
- Unity: Feet
- Madness of the Azj'Aqir: Hands
- Embers of the Diabolic Raiment: Back
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning: Wrist
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Warlock Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 8th
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 5)
- New Secret of Azeroth Holiday in Patch 10.1.5
- New Quantum Cosmetics Provide Players with Appearances from the Past
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 7th
- Dragonflight Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 4
- A Preview of Pattie's Cap Mount in Patch 10.1.5
- Micro Menu Artwork Updated in Patch 10.1.5