Demonology Warlock Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Shadowlands 9.2.5
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Demonology Warlock before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as an Demonology Warlock
On this page we will guide you on how to perform the best in Torghast, Tower of the Damned as a Demonology Warlock. If you are looking for generic Torghast information, check out the pages below.
Best Setup for Torghast as an Demonology Warlock
Best Talents for Torghast as an Demonology Warlock
|15||✓ Dreadlash||? Bilescourge Bombers||✓ Demonic Strength|
|25||✓ Demonic Calling||✓ Power Siphon||✗ Doom|
|30||✗ Demon Skin||✓ Burning Rush||? Dark Pact|
|35||✓ From the Shadows||? Soul Strike||? Summon Vilefiend|
|40||✗ Darkfury||✓ Mortal Coil||? Howl of Terror|
|45||✓ Soul Conduit||? Inner Demons||✓ Grimoire: Felguard|
|50||✗ Sacrificed Souls||✓ Demonic Consumption||? Nether Portal|
There are a couple of options available when it comes to talents as an Demonology Warlock in Torghast.
Level 15 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Dreadlash||? Bilescourge Bombers||✔ Demonic Strength|
Demonic Strength offers both single and multi target capabilities, and can benefit from powers that directly buff your main pet.
Level 25 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Demonic Calling||✔ Power Siphon||✘ Doom|
Demonic Calling should be considered by those who prefer fewer abilities to keep track of.
Level 30 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Demon Skin||✔ Burning Rush||? Dark Pact|
Burning Rush gives mobility which makes each run faster and more efficient.
Dark Pact gives active mitigation if needed, at the expense of mobility.
Level 35 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✔ From the Shadows||? Soul Strike||? Summon Vilefiend|
Level 40 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Darkfury||✔ Mortal Coil||? Howl of Terror|
Mortal Coil is the preferred choice for solo, due to a combination of additional crowd control that cannot be broken by damage, and the added selfheal burst.
Howl of Terror can help dealing with AoE pulls in group play.
Level 45 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✔ Soul Conduit||? Inner Demons||✔ Grimoire: Felguard|
Level 50 Talent Row for Demonology Warlock in Torghast
|✘ Sacrificed Souls||✔ Demonic Consumption||? Nether Portal|
Demonic Consumption is the preferred choice, due to its synergy with several anima powers and its ease of use coupled with high output.
Nether Portal can offer additional burst in single target if talented.
Best Demonology Warlock Anima Powers
During a Torghast run, there are plenty of chances to choose 1 between 3 different anima powers. Below we have compiled a list with the relative strength of each Anima Powers you can obtain within Torghast.
Keep in mind some powers might perform better when paired with different options, unlike others that can instead deliver results on their own.
Last but not least, the choice will often be among Potency, Survivability and Utility. Playstyle preference should be taken into account, therefore do not hesitate to experiment differently from this list.
"S" is best and "F" is worst.
For a complete list of Anima Powers available to Warlocks, please refer to the pages linked just below.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Imperial Warrant
- Crumbling Aegis if in front of the last boss
- Ultimate Detainment if in a group with a tank
- Choking Chains
- Darkwhisper Signet especially with Demonic Consumption talented
- Realmlord's Insignia
- Soul Platter
A-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Heart of Endereth
- Potent Acid Gland
- Spectral Oats let you balance the health loss from Burning Rush
- Fallen Armaments
- V'lara's Cape of Subterfuge
- Brittle Bone Dust for large pulls and against bosses
- Offer of Souls
- Pocketed Soulcage
- Inferno Skewers
- Pact of Infernal Intimacy
- Pact of Thickness
B-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Knowledge of Mortality
- Pulsing Rot-hive
- Subjugator's Manacles
- Dark Fortress
- The Stone Ward
- Unstable Form
- Glasswing Charm
- Dark Armaments
- Ephemeral Effigy
- Resonating Effigy
- Blood-Stained Dagger
- Detonation Torch
- Glutton's Guise
- Hellfire Pact
- Mark of Borrowed Power good when stacked
- Tainted Blood Vial
- Zovaal's Resolution
C-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Gaze of Death
- Frostbite Wand
- Heart of the Forge
- Purifier's Flame
- Stoneflesh Figurine
- Oversized Boots
- Soulward Clasp
- Cilice of Denathrius
- Glutton's Kerchief
- Art of the Blood Passage
- Bottled Shadow
- Chaotic Effigy
- Disembodied Tongue with Venthyr covenant
- Smoking Shard of Teleportation
- Void Etched Talisman for group play
- Warlock's Bargain take it at your own risk
D-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Corruption Antenna
- Flame Jet
- Finger of Frozen Fury
- Kerim's Amulet of Laceration
- Lightning Dust
- Defiance of Death
- Echo of Azeroth
- Irritating Moth Dust
- Swarm Form
- Band of Deep Burns
- Coffer of Spectral Whispers
- Roots of the Dreamtree
- Suffused Noble Writ
- Crystal of Perpetual Displacement
- Sacrificial Vermin
- Shadowed Shortblade
- Visage of Lethality
- Whispers of the Jailer
E-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Disemboweler's Hook
- Erratic Howler
- Gruul's Shattered Toenail
- Lens of Elchaver
- Tremorbeast Tusk
- Watchful Lightfly
- Bottled Enigma
- Flamestarved Cinders
- Icy Heartcrust
- Overgrowth Seedling
- Blade of the Lifetaker
- Curious Miasma
- Crown of Obstinance
- Shimmering Wingcape
- Ever-Beating Heart
- Golden Idol
- The Fifth Skull
- Claw of Endereth
- Dissolving Vial
- Thirsting Chain
F-Tier Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
- Scroll of Elchaver
- Stormcycle Peridot
- Yel'Shir's Powerglove
- Negation Well
- Hematoma Bat
- Lumbering Form - good for griefing your group :)
- Elongated Skeletal Arms
- Soulvoid Bag
Phantasma Anima Powers for Demonology Warlock
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "B"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Demonology Warlock Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
During the first 1, maybe 2 floors, with little to no anima powers, at higher difficulties the tower can be quite challenging, however warlocks as a pet class can deal with multiple target pulls easier than most other classes. Always pay attention to your pet health when soloing the tower, and consider rotating crowd control abilities in the event where the Felguard is taking too much damage. Health Funnel can be used to prolong its life, but more often than not is just better to summon a new one.
- Cast Grimoire: Felguard on cooldown if talented
- Cast Summon Vilefiend on cooldown if talented
- Cast Call Dreadstalkers on cooldown
- Cast Hand of Gul'dan when you have at least 3 shards
- Use Power Siphon on cooldown if you have 2 wild imps out
- Cast Implosion when there are at least 3 or more stacked enemies.
- Cast Demonbolt when you have Demonic Core procs otherwise use Shadow Bolt to generate Shards
Try to maximise Tyrant impact by summoning as many demons as possible before and during the duration, in order to finish with a big Implosion AoE for eye watering burst.
Make liberal use of your cooldowns in order to deal with difficult pulls, as normally the end floor mini bosses are not particularly challenging. Try instead to get to the floor 6 boss with all cooldowns ready as later it turns into a DPS race.
Anima Power Playstyle Changes for Demonology Warlock
In case you are lucky enough to draw multiple instances of Darkwhisper Signet you can set up your own gang able to solo a floor 6 boss with little effort. That combo can be further augmented by picking talents that increase your pets health and damage, such as Hellfire Pact, Pact of Thickness, Pact of Infernal Intimacy and Soul Platter.
- 31 May 2022: Page reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st