Demonology Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.1
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Demonology Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
Best Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Ring or Wrists||De Other Side (The Manastorms)|
|Mythic+||Implosive Potential||Hand, Head or Waist||The Necrotic Wake (Surgeon Stitchflesh)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is, simply put, the undisputed best single target option while also performing remarkably well in 2-target cleave or whenever priority damage is paramount. Check Wilfred section in the Rotation Notes for further information.
Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is the preferred choice for situations where there is a mix of single and multi-target.
Implosive Potential is the specialised option in multi targets situations and especially for challenging content such as high Mythic Dungeons, while also offering a respectable damage gain at less than 3 targets.
Stable Phantasma Lure is a natural choice for Torghast, as the added Phantasma gains should allow you to complete your Anima Power setup quicker and more reliably.
For solo content, Relic of Demonic Synergy offers a non conditional damage increase for both the player and the Felguard.
New Legendaries in Patch 9.1 for Demonology Warlock
The newly introduced Covenant-specific legendaries offer no competitive options for Demonology Warlock, with the best being Shard of Annihilation offering average performance in single target only.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is overall the best performing legendary for single and up to two targets situations.
- After receiving both a direct buff and indirect buffs to Call Dreadstalkers in Patch 9.0.5, Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is now edging over Forces of the Horned Nightmare, as long as it is paired with the Carnivorous Stalkers conduit for all situations and Dreadlash when dealing with 2 or more targets.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare is a Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling alternative, not as reliant on specific talents and focusing the damage profile towards Wild Imps and Hand of Gul'dan.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Implosive Potential has the highest potential output in multi-target scenarios, while also offering respectable damage gain with fewer than 3 targets.
- Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling, when paired with Carnivorous Stalkers and Dreadlash, offers superior performance up to 5 targets, where Implosive Potential starts taking distance from the rest of the options.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare offers increased damage and a chance for additional Wild Imps, which is useful for both setting up a Tyrant, or for a bigger Implosion.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is a jack of all trades and master of none.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be a strong pick, if the cadence of pulls matches the reduced Tyrant cooldown, but the downside is generally the lack of strong on-use trinkets with less than a 1.5-minute cooldown.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
What Slot Should Legendaries by Crafted For?
There are few elements to take into consideration when deciding what slot to dedicate for a legendary craft.
- First and foremost there is the stat budget of individual slots which favour the likes of Head, Chest and Legs for their higher amount of stats overall.
- Secondly, people actively clearing Raiding have access to the last two bosses' loot table, which presents higher item level, thus crafting a Legendary in these slot is relatively less appealing.
- In the same vein, in Patch 9.1 the introduction of Shards of Domination further restricts the slot's choice, since Head, Shoulder, Chest, Wrist, and Waist can accommodate this new types of gems.
- Last but not least, crafting multiple legendaries that share a similar slot makes swapping less inconvenient and does not require carrying spare gear.
As a result, the Season 2 legendary priority list is as follow:
- Hands and Back
- Feet and Neck
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendation to account for Grim Inquisitor buff in Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendation section.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Added crafting strategy section.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power