Demonology Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Dragonflight 10.0.2
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Demonology Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
With 9.2 the Unity Legendary effect will be added, granting your Covenant Legendary effect alongside your primary choice. You must wear Unity to be able to use two Legendaries.
Being tied to the Covenants currently used the effects will be the following:
- Kyrian Languishing Soul Detritus: When Scouring Tithe generates Soul Shards, gain 100% increased movement speed and 100% increased critical strike chance for 8 sec.
- Necrolord Shard of Annihilation: Decimating Bolt also increases the critical strike chance and critical strike damage of Demonbolt / Incinerate / Shadow Bolt (or Drain Soul if talented) by 15%.
- Night Fae Decaying Soul Satchel: Each target affected by Soul Rot increases your Haste and Critical strike chance by 5% for the duration.
- Venthyr Contained Perpetual Explosion: Impending Catastrophe damage over time is increased by 125% plus 15% for each enemy target hit on the way to its final target.
Best Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning||Wrists or Ring||De Other Side (The Manastorms)|
|Mythic+||Implosive Potential||Hands, Head or Waist||The Necrotic Wake (Surgeon Stitchflesh)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is, simply put, the undisputed best single target option while also performing remarkably well in 2-target cleave or whenever priority damage is paramount. Check Wilfred section in the Rotation Notes for further information.
Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is the preferred choice for situations where there is a mix of single and multi-target.
Balespider's Burning Core is worth mentioning as it one of the cornerstone of a Sacrificed Souls build revolving around Necrolord Shard of Annihilation.
Implosive Potential is the specialised option in multi-target situations and especially for challenging content such as high Mythic Dungeons, while also offering a respectable damage gain at less than 3 targets.
Stable Phantasma Lure is a natural choice for Torghast, as the added Phantasma gains should allow you to complete your Anima Power setup quicker and more reliably.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is overall the best performing legendary for single and up to two targets situations but can leverage better external buffs such as Power Infusion.
- Balespider's Burning Core is the best single-target option when running Sacrificed Souls as Necrolord.
- Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is extremely close to Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning in single-target and offers a much better cleave performance, making it the default generalist choice.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare is a Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling alternative, not as reliant on specific talents and focusing the damage profile towards Wild Imps and Hand of Gul'dan.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Implosive Potential has the highest potential output in multi-target scenarios, while also offering respectable damage gain with fewer than 3 targets.
- Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling, when paired with Carnivorous Stalkers and Dreadlash, offers superior performance up to 5 targets, where Implosive Potential starts taking distance from the rest of the options.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare offers increased damage and a chance for additional Wild Imps, which is useful for both setting up a Tyrant, or for a bigger Implosion.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is a jack of all trades and master of none.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be a strong pick, if the cadence of pulls matches the reduced Tyrant cooldown, but the downside is generally the lack of strong on-use trinkets with less than a 1.5-minute cooldown.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
What Slot Should Legendaries by Crafted For?
There are few elements to take into consideration when deciding what slot to dedicate for a legendary craft:
- First and foremost there is the stat budget of individual slots which favour the likes of Head, Chest and Legs for their higher amount of stats overall.
- Secondly, people actively clearing Raiding have access to the last bosses' loot table, which present higher item level, thus crafting a Legendary in these slots is relatively less appealing.
- In the same vein, in Patch 9.2 the introduction of Tier Sets further restricts the slot choice since you need any 4 of the following slots reserved: Head, Shoulder, Chest, Hands and Legs.
- Last but not least, crafting multiple legendaries that share a similar slot makes swapping less inconvenient and does not require carrying spare gear.
Because the ultimate goal is to have both tier set active and double legendaries equipped the better distribution would be:
- Unity: Feet
- Implosive Potential: Hands
- Balespider's Burning Core: Wrists
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning: Wrists
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Warlock Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Patch 10.0.7 Scheduled Weekly Maintenance Times
- Easy to Get 10.0.7 Mount Guides (Video): Snailemental, Bruffalon, Mossy Mammoth
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Set Acquisition Changes and Retrospective
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5 Hotfixes: March 20th