Demonology Warlock Best Legendaries in Shadowlands — Shadowlands 9.0.5
Legendary Powers are targetable, unique effects that you can imbue certain base items with through the Runecarving system. In Shadowlands, these enable you to customize your Demonology Warlock, drastically improving your performance, and are arguably the most important aspect of your gear.
The purpose of this page is to help you pick the right legendary powers (and item slots for them) for your character, depending on the content you are interested in.
Introduction: Legendaries in Shadowlands
Located within the Torghast tower, lies the ability to craft unique gear of higher item level featuring specific legendary powers. This guide will help the player to choose the most suited option, as currently only 1 legendary item can be equipped at a time. Rankings and an extensive explanation can be found below.
Best Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
Bolded slots are the preferred choice, as these are the slots that have the highest stat budget for a given power.
|Raiding||Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling||Neck or Wrists||Torghast (The Upper Reaches, Layer 3+)|
|Mythic+||Implosive Potential||Head or Waist||The Necrotic Wake (Surgeon Stitchflesh)|
|Torghast||Stable Phantasma Lure||Neck, Wrist, or Back||Torghast (Layer 6+)|
|Soloing||Relic of Demonic Synergy||Head or Shoulder||Castle Nathria (Stone Legion Generals)|
Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is the preferred choice for raiding, edging over both Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning and Relic of Demonic Synergy in single target while also offering a consistent damage increase while cleaving targets.
Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning is a strong option in Castle Nathria due to very favourable timings in multiple fights and strong synergy with buffs/talent choices and trinkets with 2 minutes cooldown. Check Wilfred section in the Rotation Notes for further information.
Implosive Potential is the specialised option in multi targets situations and especially for challenging content such as high Mythic Dungeons, while also offering a respectable damage gain at less than 3 targets.
Stable Phantasma Lure is a natural choice for Torghast, as the added Phantasma gains should allow you to complete your Anima Power setup quicker and more reliably.
For solo content, Relic of Demonic Synergy offers a non conditional damage increase for both the player and the Felguard.
Best Overall Legendary for Demonology Warlock
For those who are looking for a reliable legendary that works in any situation without exclusion, Relic of Demonic Synergy is the best pick, offering a reliable DPS increase with the bonus of being cross-spec at the same time.
Best Raiding Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Raiding legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- After receiving both a direct buff and indirect buffs to Call Dreadstalkers in Patch 9.0.5, Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling is now edging over Forces of the Horned Nightmare, as long as it is paired with the Carnivorous Stalkers conduit for all situations and Dreadlash when dealing with 2 or more targets.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare is right after Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling for the highest damage output, up to 3 targets stacked, without requiring specific conduits or talents.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning should be considered when extra Tyrant cycles can be leveraged, or whenever shorter cooldowns between burst is needed.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is the third choice, becoming stronger whenever Felguard can cleave multiple targets. It also has the benefit of being a cross-spec legendary.
Best Mythic+ Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Mythic+ legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Implosive Potential has the highest potential output in multi-target scenarios, while also offering respectable damage gain with fewer than 3 targets.
- Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling, when paired with Carnivorous Stalkers and Dreadlash, offers superior performance up to 5 targets, where Implosive Potential starts taking distance from the rest of the options.
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare offers increased damage and a chance for additional Wild Imps, which is useful for both setting up a Tyrant, or for a bigger Implosion.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy is a jack of all trades and master of none.
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning can be a strong pick, if the cadence of pulls matches the reduced Tyrant cooldown, but the downside is generally the lack of strong on-use trinkets with less than a 1.5-minute cooldown.
Best Torghast Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
In this section, we look at the best Torghast legendaries for Demonology Warlock.
- Stable Phantasma Lure is a special legendary that increases the Torghast-only currency you get by a significant amount. While the value of this currency can vary wildly between runs, depending on your build and what is available from the vendors, buying powers is still one of the best ways to complete a synergistic build on a Torghast run, and this legendary will help you get there faster.
- Relic of Demonic Synergy offers the most reliable damage increase, without being diminished or nullified by specific Anima Powers.
- Claw of Endereth can offer increased sustain through faster Drain Life.
Due the limited availability of Soul Ash obtainable each week from Torghast, it is recommended to focus on the Legendary (or the Legendaries) with the bigger impact on the activities relevant to the player.
The choice between crafting multiple Legendaries or a single one of a higher level mostly depends on what spec/content the player focuses on, and the degree of flexibility versus focused power desired.
If the focus is a single spec, it is advisable to craft the most impactful choice at the highest possible level.
If the focus is flexibility across multiple spec the more sensible path is to start with Relic of Demonic Synergy as starting point, branching out accordingly to the spec played:
- Perpetual Agony of Azj'Aqir for Affliction in Dungeons and multi target scenarios;
- Forces of the Horned Nightmare for Demonology;
- Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning for Destruction.
Below is a quick break-down of the expected legendary upgrade cadence, based on current Soul Ash income:
- Week 1 — 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 2 — 1 Rank 2 item
- Week 3 — 1 Rank 3 item OR 1 Rank 2 item + 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 4 — 1 Rank 3 item + 1 Rank 1 item OR 2 Rank 2 items
- Week 5 — 1 Rank 4 item OR 1 Rank 3 item + 1 Rank 2 item OR 2 Rank 2 items + 1 Rank 1 item
- Week 6 — 1 Rank 4 item + 1 Rank 1 item OR 2 Rank 3 items OR 3 Rank 2 items
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendation to account for Grim Inquisitor buff in Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Updated Legendary recommendation section.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Added crafting strategy section.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- No Rating Requirements to Purchase Arena Gear from a Previous Season in Burning Crusade Classic
- World Boss for the Week of May 4 - Oranomonos
- Torghast Torment System Reworked in Patch 9.1
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top