Restoration Shaman Healing Simulations — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Restoration Shamans in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1.
Healing Simulations for Restoration Shamans
While healing is, essentially, impossible to simulate properly, what you can do is analyze your logs in order to understand where you made mistakes and improve as a player.
With the advent of certain tools such as Warcraft Logs, WoW Analyzer, and QE Live, understanding your healing logs has now become simple enough that we can recommend that even the average player combat log and analyze their performance.
Restoration Shaman Racial Comparisons
Note that the difference from worst to best race is very small. Your gear and talent choices also change the value of those racials. Basically, pick a race for how it looks, feels, and the utility it brings.
For both PvE and PvP content, Dwarf or Dark Iron Dwarf are the overall strongest, due to Stoneform / Fireblood and Might of the Mountain / Dungeon Delver, which are all great in all types of content!
In PvE content, Goblins have Rocket Jump, which allow you to avoid or ignore knockback mechanics and can be a deal-breaker in some encounters. Alternatively, Tauren has Brawn, which is a strong throughput increase.
For PvP, Orc is great to reduce stun durations through Hardiness and can increase its healing and damage throughput at will every 2 minutes through Blood Fury.
Combat Logging / Analysis Resources
Warcraft Logs is one of the most important tools to use when trying to improve your gameplay in World of Warcraft. You can use it to compare yourself to other players of your specialization in the same encounters, to review how a given pull went for you or other players in your group, or as an input to other tools that will do some of that analysis for you.
WoW Analyzer uses Warcraft Logs reports to give you an in-depth analysis of how you performed in a given encounter. It can show you the benefit of things that do not show up directly in Warcraft Logs, such as Mastery: Deep Healing's effectiveness, Ancestral Vigor life saving moments, and other interesting information.
Questionably Epic Live
Questionably Epic Live is a healing simulations tool developed by the community healing theorycrafter Voulk.
The tool contains a trinket power chart for the current tier and allows you to import your character, a SimulationCraft string and your combat logs in order to get a personal recommendation for gear upgrades or what to pick from your weekly Vault.
If you are having trouble using this tool and its features, MadSkillzzTV has a helpful video on the subject.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Shaman Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 5th: Class Tuning
- Dragonflight Season 2 DPS Log Rankings for Aberrus, Week 4: the Mythic Switch
- Price Update on WoW Services & Subscription Options in Ukraine and Turkey
- Leveling Improvements Coming in Patch 10.1.5
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dragonriding Cups Coming to Old Expansion Zones
- Brackenhide Hollow +24 Cleared Without a Healer
- Gamebreaking +840% Movement Speed Increase with Azerite