Restoration Shaman Healing Simulations — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find a number of useful simulation results for your Restoration Shamans in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Disclaimer Page
While healers are, essentially, impossible to simulate properly, what you can do is analyze your logs in order to understand where you made mistakes and improve as a player. With the advent of certain tools such as WoW Analyzer, understanding your healing logs has now become simple enough that we can recommend that even the average player combat log and analyze their performance. It is through trial and analysis of different talents / gear setups that many of the recommendations in this guide are found, and by doing your own you can easily figure out what talents / gear is best for you in any given fight.
2. Restoration Shaman Racial Comparisons
Note that the difference from worst to best race is very small. Your gear and talent choices also change the value of those racials. Basically, pick a race for how it looks, feels, and the utility it brings.
2.1. Alliance Races
For both PvE and PvP content, Kul'Tiran is the overall strongest, due to Brush It Off's strength.
2.2. Horde Races
In PvE content, Goblins have Rocket Jump, which allow you to avoid / ignore knockback mechanics and can be a deal-breaker in some encounters.
3. Combat Logging / Analysis Resources
3.1. Warcraft Logs
Warcraft Logs is one of the most important tools to use when trying to improve your gameplay in World of Warcraft. You can use it to compare yourself to other players of your specialization in the same encounters, to review how a given pull went for you or other players in your group, or as an input to other tools that will do some of that analysis for you.
3.2. WoW Analyzer
WoW Analyzer uses Warcraft Logs reports to give you an in-depth analysis of how you performed in a given encounter. It can show you the benefit of things that do not show up directly in Warcraft Logs, such as Mastery: Deep Healing's effectiveness, Ancestral Vigor life saving moments, and other interesting information.
3.3. Afiya's Restoration Shaman Analyzer
Afiya is Exorsus' Restoration Shaman and the main developer behind Exorsus Raid Tools. Early on, in Legion, he developed this Restoration Shaman Analyzer, which aims to provide info on how much each stat / piece of gear / talents / legendaries / artifact trait contributes to the total healing done. While artifact traits are no longer in the game, the rest of the analysis stays relevant for the duration of the pre-patch.
To use this tool, paste the unique Warcraft Logs report URL string (for example, the part in bold here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/738n6WvVMbfF9wgd#fight=8&type=healing) into the text box and hit the button. After that you can pick the fight and healer you want to analyze and go from there.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 16 Mar. 2019: Added Kul'Tiran and Zandalari to the race considerations.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- Patch 8.2: Conflict and Strife PvP Essence
- WoW Classic Stress Test 1 Ending Info
- 8.2 PTR: Gnome and Tauren Mount Size Changes
- 8.2 PTR: Breath of Sindragosa, Glimmer of Light Changes
- Classic Stress Test and Beta Invite Clarifications
- 8.2: Rise of Azshara PTR Dev Notes: May 22nd
- Queen Azshara Encounter Spoilers & 8.2 Raid Testing: May 24th
- Patch 8.2: Gnome & Tauren Heritage Armor (Official Preview)
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Paladin Leveling Guide
- Protection Paladin 8.1.5
- Elemental Shaman 8.1.5
- Balance Druid 8.1.5
- Frost Mage 8.1.5
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Heavy m+ healing