Restoration Druid Patch 9.1 Changes Analysis — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, we tell you how the Patch 9.1 changes for Restoration Druid affect the spec and what the current state of theorycrafting is.
Restoration Druid Patch 9.1 Changes Overview
On this page we will look into the changes to Restoration Druids as well as other changes to the game that can affect our playstyle or representation in Raids and Mythic+. This is a first look as changes are still ongoing and very likely to continue given the current balancing of a lot of new Legendaries and lack of raid testing of the later bosses. This page will be updated with new information as it is discovered or released.
For a specific list of changes for the entire patch you can check out the Patch 9.1 overview page.
How does Restoration Druid look going into Patch 9.1?
Restoration Druids might end up using a different Legendary in Raids: Celestial Spirits. Other than that, we will play roughly in the same way with significantly higher power on one of our cooldowns. Night Fae remains a superior choice both for Mythic+ and Raids, and if Celestial Spirits ends up being strong the gap will be even bigger.
Due to few changes to Restoration Druids thus far, our viability in 9.1 will mostly depend on how changes to our competition shake up. With current tuning it is unlikely that Paladins will be replaced as a premier Raid or Mythic+ healer; Shamans, Holy Priests, and Mistweaver Monks are virtually unchanged; Discipline Priests are the only healer spec that received potentially big changes. We will dive more into the specifics below.
In raid content the biggest change by far is Spirit Shell going to a 90-second cooldown from 60 seconds. Spirit Shell often overlapped with our own ramps or straight-up prevented us from using our cooldowns in preferential spots. At worst, this change narrows the gap between Discipline Priests and Restoration Druids significantly. At best, we might fill the shoes of Discipline Priests in raid content.
Holy Paladins received some moderate damage nerfs — around 13-15% — and still remain kings of healer damage both in Raid and Mythic+ content. Paladin changes will probably make no impact on their representation.
None of the other 3 healing specializations have been changed in a major way, so we expect their power to remain relatively where it is now.
Now let us dive into all the Restoration Druid Patch 9.1 changes below.
Base Spec and Talent Changes for Patch 9.1
There are no changes to any spells or talents in Patch 9.1.
Legendary Changes for Patch 9.1
New Legendary Powers in Patch 9.1
- Night Fae: Celestial Spirits halves every aspect of Convoke the Spirits. With this Legendary, it is instead a 2-second channel that casts 6 spells on a 1-minute cooldown. This new Convoke also has a significantly higher chance to cast Flourish.
- Kyrian: Kindred Affinity gives you and your partner a stat bonus based on their Covenant. This bonus doubles when you activate your Covenant ability. It grants 100 Mastery for Kyrian, 5% Haste for Night Fae, 5% Critical Strike chance for Venthyr, and 5% Versatility for Necrolord.
- Necrolord: Unbridled Swarm gives Adaptive Swarm a 60% chance to split into two swarms each time it jumps to another target.
- Venthyr: Sinful Hysteria increases the duration of Ravenous Frenzy by 0.2 seconds each time it gains a stack. When Ravenous Frenzy expires, you gain stacks of Sinful Hysteria equal to the lost Ravenous Frenzy stacks for 5 seconds. Each stack of Sinful Hysteria increases damage and healing by 2% and Haste by 1%.
What these Legendary Additions Mean
Celestial Spirits is a very interesting Legendary for Druids because it is not completely random. It works on a deck system where Flourish will proc in 1 out of the first 3 casts and then in 1 out of 2 casts on all the following casts of Convoke the Spirits. This provides decent a throughput increase over Vision of Unending Growth and, more importantly, it provides a throughput increase in the form of improving our cooldown.
- 21 May 2021: Updated some information after recent PTR patch.
- 19 May 2021: Page created with initial information.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1