Fire Mage Torghast Guide and Best Anima Powers — Dragonflight 10.0.2
On this page, we tell you all you need to know to prepare your Fire Mage before entering Torghast and then how to pick up the right Anima Powers once you are inside!
Torghast as a Fire Mage
On this page we will guide you on how to perform the best in Torghast, Tower of the Damned as a Fire Mage. If you are looking for generic Torghast information, check out the pages below.
Best Setup for Torghast as a Fire Mage
Best Talents for Torghast as a Fire Mage
You can easily import the talent tree below into the game with the following string:
Best Fire Mage Anima Powers
During a Torghast run, you will be getting many different Anima Powers which you have to choose between. Below we have listed the relative strength of the Anima Powers you can obtain on Torghast, so you can go through the list and find the option that is listed the highest when you have to make a decision. For a complete list of Anima Powers, please refer to the following pages.
It is worth noting, that some Anima Powers are not strong on their own, but become extremely potent combined with other Anima Powers. We will highlight this in the list below as well.
Lastly, a lot of Anima Powers let you pick between survivability, mobility, utility and damage. What you pick here largely comes down to personal preference and your playstyle, so do not be afraid to deviate from the list below.
"S" is best and "F" is worst.
S-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Gravity Dynamo when combined with Fire Juggler
- Chronomancer's Hourglass
- Grisly Icicle (when not running Grisly Icicle
- Art of the Blinkmage (combined with Clouded Diamond
- Clouded Diamond (when combined with Art of the Blinkmage
- Highly-Polished Handmirror (when running Art of the Blinkmage + Clouded Diamond
- Seeker's Scroll (when combined with Runecloth Wrappings)
- Tundrid Phial (when combined with Grisly Icicle / Grisly Icicle)
- Maliced Rumination (when combined with Malevolence
- Fire Juggler
A-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Gravity Dynamo without Fire Juggler
- Incanter's Ward (combined with Triune Ward or Triune Ward)
- Eldritch Teachings
- Clouded Diamond
- Runecloth Wrappings
- Highly-Polished Handmirror
- Resolute Medallion
- Scroll of Explosure
- Archmage's Invocation (pick Alexstrasza's Fury
- Spaceweaver's Thread (when combined with Clouded Diamond and not combined with Art of the Blinkmage)
- Maliced Rumination
B-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Art of the Blinkmage
- Tundrid Phial
- Archmage's Gift
- Chaos Invitation (when running with a tank who can mass pull)
- Mad Wizard's Intellect
- Manascale (replace Flamestrike for Arcane Explosion in your AoE rotation)
- Pandemonium Lens
- Triune Ward (when not running Triune Ward)
- Whizzard Hat
- Archmage's Cypher
- Archmage's Legacy (pick Ice Ward if running Frenetic Speed
- Archmage's Lesson (pick Rune of Power
- Archmage's Mythos (pick Conflagration if running Flame Patch
- Wizard's Prayer
- Fae Concentration
- Fae Tendrils
- Seeker's Scroll
C-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Incanter's Ward (combined with Triune Ward or Triune Ward)
- Bombardier's Etching
- Constellation Shield
- Echoes of Elisande
- Sapphire Prism
- Spellweaver's Mojo
- Wand Grease
- Archmage's Ultimatum
- Long-Forbidden Words
- Scroll of the Arcane Meditator
- Urael's Finality
- One With Death
- Sorceror's Frozen Soul
D-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Arcanic Pulse Detector
- Chaos Invitation
- Dimensional Blade
- Maldo's Enchanted Cane
- Spaceweaver's Thread
- Timebreaker's Paradox
- Tome of Zoomancy
- Anima-Flecked Topaz
- Winged Curio
- Chilling Touch
- Power Overwhelming
F-Tier Anima Powers for Fire Mage
- Bottled Tesseract
- Everwarm Socks
- Grisly Icicle (when running Grisly Icicle
- Polymorbid Rat Liver
- Timeweaver's Needle
- Touch of the Unseen
- Lingering Torments
- Infinite Power
Phantasma Anima Powers for Fire Mage
Occasionally you will be offered the ability to get Phantasma instead of an Anima Power, or increases to your Phantasma generation. It is hard to evaluate these, but we recommend choosing them when there is no "B"-tier or higher alternative Anima Power.
Fire Mage Playstyle for Torghast, Tower of the Damned
Without any Anima Powers and without running Grisly Icicle, Fire Mage struggles a lot in Torghast. However, there are some very strong Anima Power combinations that can make Torghast a breeze if you get lucky on these powers. Below we will first go over the playstyle without any big Anima Power combinations, and then in the section after that we will go over some combinations that are extremely strong and impact your playstyle significantly.
- If there are packs with 2 or more ranged / caster enemies, use Polymorph on one of them, and quickly nuke the other(s).
- Constantly use Blazing Barrier against packs with casters/ranged enemies.
- Use Frost Nova as much as possible against melee enemies. Without Grisly Icicle / Grisly Icicle, get maximum distance from the enemies after using Frost Nova before you start to damage them.
- Shimmer is very valuable to kite enemies, so make sure you use it often.
- Save Time Warp for the final boss of a floor.
- Invisibility lets you reset a pack if you pulled too many mobs.
- Mirror Image will draw aggro from you, so make sure you use it on packs that have a lot of ranged/caster enemies to let them tank for you while you kill off the ranged/caster enemies.
Anima Power Playstyle Changes for Fire Mage
Below we list some Anima Power combinations that greatly change how to approach Torghast and will make it much easier if you follow these playstyle changes.
Art of the Blinkmage + Clouded Diamond: This combination of Anima Powers makes it so your Blink (or Shimmer) has no cooldown and places down a Mirror Image. When you have both of these Anima Powers, you should be spamming Shimmer/Blink the entire time to spawn a crazy amount of Mirror Images. You will basically have an endless amount of Mirror Images that will draw aggro for you and damage enemies.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Mage Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1