Fury Warrior DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.0.2
On this page, we explain how to easily play Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.2, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of Fury Warrior
Fury is straightforward damage dealer, focused on building Rage with autoattacks and special abilities, in order to spend it on Rampage to trigger Enrage. This creates a constant and fast paced gameplay loop, enhanced by the specialization's built-in haste buffs. The build showcased here is a simple yet effective play style, good for all types of game content, which is meant to help new players learn the fundamentals of Fury.
If you are completely new to Fury and need more information on the abilities available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Talent Choices for Fury Warrior
While there are better performing combinations, they also have more room for error. The talents listed below are meant to simplify decision making and resource management, while introducing players to Fury's single target, burst, and AoE potential. Despite being the "easy mode", it is still quite effective for questing, dungeons, and raid content.
- Level 15: Fresh Meat
- Level 25: Double Time
- Level 30: Onslaught
- Level 35: Bounding Stride
- Level 40: Frothing Berserker
- Level 45: Dragon Roar
- Level 50: Reckless Abandon
If you are looking for the absolute best Fury Warrior talents, which do not compromise on performance for ease of use, you can find a more in-depth analysis on our full talents page below.
Covenants for Fury Warrior
Of the four Covenants, three are highly competitive, while only one underperforms. Your choice as to which to take largely depends on what kind of content you want to pursue, although it is important to remember that they will all perform well in all types of content.
- Venthyr has the highest single target damage potential, making it best for players prioritizing raid content.
- Kyrian is the most versatile option, performing better than Venthyr in AoE and therefore the best choice for playres prioritizing Mythic+ content.
- Night Fae is actually slightly stronger than Kyrian across the board, but more difficult to use due to the lengthy ground effect on Ancient Aftershock, which loses an immense amount of value if enemies move out of it. For this reason, it is only better than Kyrian if you are willing to play around that downside.
- Necrolord is the weakest in all content, currently better avoided if performance is your goal. While it provides more of a group buff, the downsides make it more difficult to use and prone to failure than every other option.
Stat Choices for Fury Warrior
The current Fury stat priority is as follows when using this build:
- Critical Strike;
Fury is a Haste-driven spec, due to it increasing autoattack speed and reducing the time between ability casts, both of which result in increased Rage generation and Enrage uptime, while Mastery increases damage done during that buff. Critical Strikes deal double damage, but otherwise do not interact with the specialization, while Versatility is a flat increase to damage done and reduces damage taken by half as much. As is the case for most specializations, the specific values of these stats is largely determined by your individual gear, and more information can be found on the Stat Priority page.
While the stat priority for classes is normally the same for both the Easy Mode page and our full guide, subtle differences can still occur. If you want to see the full explanation of the stat priority, as well as the absolute top choices for the priority, head to our full stats page below.
Legendary Choice for Fury Warrior
Fury Warriors will want to prioritize either Deathmaker for single target raiding, or Signet of Tormented Kings for multitarget dungeons. Judgment of the Arbiter is also a good alternate choice, particularly as it can deal both single target and AoE damage when paired with another player.
For more detailed explanations of legendaries, and some alternatives in different scenarios you can always refer to our dedicated legendary page.
If you are looking for more information about what gear to look out for when playing, you can also check our Gear page linked below.
Basic Rotation for Fury Warrior
The typical single target rotation using our suggested talents is outlined below. When there are multiple targets, prioritize Whirlwind as needed to maintain its buff and ensure the rest of your abilities hit multiple targets. Because it is part of the core rotation, the buff will often be maintained on its own.
- Cast Rampage for damage and to maintain Enrage.
- Cast Recklessness on cooldown or whenever burst damage is needed.
- Cast Execute whenever possible.
- Cast Bloodthirst on cooldown for Rage, Enrage, and Cold Steel.
- Cast Onslaught while Enraged.
- Cast Dragon Roar while Enraged, particularly against multiple targets.
- Cast Raging Blow to generate Rage.
- Cast Whirlwind to fill when nothing else is available.
While all builds focus on the same principle of converting Rage into damage with Rampage and maintaining Enrage, other talents add extra abilities, maintenance buffs, and can lengthen the Execute phase. These talents and their rotations are covered in more detial in the advanced sections of the guide.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Legendary recommendations.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant recommendatiosn and updated stat priority.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Naxxramas Classic Cleared in 1.5 Hours by Progress
- Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion Are Live in WoW Classic!
- Leviathan's and Kraken's Eyes BfA Gems Have Been Nerfed
- New Players Marked in PvP Mercenary Mode
- Really Top Level Shadowlands Week 1 Meme Compilation
- Torghast Tuning for Rogues and Warrior
- Blizzard Increased Drop Chance of Legendary Power Recipes in Dungeons
- How to Reduce Brightness in the Spires of Ascension Dungeon