Fury Warrior DPS Easy Mode — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
2. The Basics of Fury Warrior
Fury is straightforward damage dealer, focused on building Rage with autoattacks and special abilities, in order to spend it on Rampage to trigger Enrage. This creates a constant and fast paced gameplay loop, enhanced by the specialization's built-in haste buffs. The build showcased here is a simple yet effective play style, good for all types of game content, which is meant to help new players learn the fundamentals of Fury.
3. Talent Choices for Fury Warrior
While there are better performing combinations, they also have more room for error. The talents listed below are meant to simplify decision making and resource management, while introducing players to Fury's single target, burst, and AoE potential. Despite being the "easy mode", it is still quite effective for questing, dungeons, and raid content.
- Level 15: Endless Rage
- Level 30: Double Time
- Level 45: Sudden Death
- Level 60: Bounding Stride
- Level 75: Carnage
- Level 90: Dragon Roar
- Level 100: Reckless Abandon
4. Stat Choices for Fury Warrior
The current Fury stat priority is as follows when using this build:
- Critical Strike.
Fury is a Haste-driven spec, due to it increasing autoattack speed and reducing the time between ability casts, both of which result in increased Rage generation and Enrage uptime, while Mastery increases damage done during that buff. Critical Strikes deal double damage, but otherwise do not interact with the specialization, while Versatility is a flat increase to damage done and reduces damage taken by half as much. As is the case for most specializations, the specific values of these stats is largely determined by your individual gear, and more information can be found on the Stat Priority page.
5. Basic Rotation for Fury Warrior
The typical single target rotation using our suggested talents is outlined below. When there are multiple targets, prioritize Whirlwind as needed to maintain its buff and ensure the rest of your abilities hit multiple targets. Because it is part of the core rotation, the buff will often be maintained on its own.
- Cast Rampage at, or over, 75 rage.
- Cast Recklessness on cooldown or whenever burst damage is needed.
- Cast Execute during Enrage.
- Cast Bloodthirst on cooldown for Rage and Enrage.
- Cast Dragon Roar while Enraged, particularly against multiple targets.
- Cast Raging Blow to generate Rage.
- Cast Whirlwind when nothing else is available.
While all builds focus on the same principle of converting Rage into damage with Rampage and maintaining Enrage, other talents add extra abilities, maintenance buffs, and can lengthen the Execute phase. These talents and their rotations are covered in more detial in the advanced sections of the guide.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?