Fury Warrior DPS Easy Mode — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, we explain how to easily play Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.5, using the simplest rotation, talent tree, stat priority, gear setup, etc., without sacrificing performance.
This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.
The Basics of Fury Warrior
Fury is straightforward damage dealer, focused on building Rage with autoattacks and special abilities, in order to spend it on Rampage to trigger Enrage. This creates a constant and fast paced gameplay loop, enhanced by the specialization's built-in haste buffs. The build showcased here is a simple yet effective play style, good for all types of game content, which is meant to help new players learn the fundamentals of Fury.
If you are completely new to Fury and need more information on the abilities available to you, you can check out our Spell Summary page.
Talent Choices for Fury Warrior
While there are better performing combinations, they also have more room for error. The talents listed below are meant to simplify decision making and resource management, while introducing players to Fury's single target, burst, and AoE potential. Despite being the "easy mode", it is still quite effective for questing, dungeons, and raid content.
- Level 15: Fresh Meat
- Level 25: Double Time
- Level 30: Massacre
- Level 35: Bounding Stride
- Level 40: Cruelty
- Level 45: Dragon Roar
- Level 50: Anger Management
If you are looking for the absolute best Fury Warrior talents, which do not compromise on performance for ease of use, you can find a more in-depth analysis on our full talents page below.
Covenants for Fury Warrior
Of the four Covenants, three are highly competitive, while only one underperforms. Your choice as to which to take largely depends on what kind of content you want to pursue, although it is important to remember that they will all perform well in all types of content.
- Venthyr has the highest single-target damage potential, making it best for players prioritizing raid content, although it does not perform as well against multiple targets.
- Necrolord is very competitive, not because of what it does for the Warrior, but due to the group value which can be very strong depending on which players are buffed. While capable of being very competitive, the reliance on multiple players and positioning requirements make it more difficult to use and prone to failure than every other option.
- Night Fae is the strongest Covenant in multi-target and Mythic+ content, though the duration of the ground-targeted effect on Ancient Aftershock requires a bit more awareness to make the most of. While only moderately weaker in single-target than Venthyr, Night Fae is a well-balanced Covenant for players who wish to prioritize both Mythic+ and Raid content.
- Kyrian is fairly competitive in multi-target, but weaker in single-target, making it much more focused on Mythic+ and less appropriate for players who like to engage in a wide breadth of content.
Stat Choices for Fury Warrior
The current Fury stat priority is as follows when using this build:
- Critical Strike;
Fury is a Haste-driven spec, due to it increasing autoattack speed and reducing the time between ability casts, both of which result in increased Rage generation and Enrage uptime, while Mastery increases damage done during that buff. Critical Strikes deal double damage, but otherwise do not interact with the specialization, while Versatility is a flat increase to damage done and reduces damage taken by half as much. As is the case for most specializations, the specific values of these stats is largely determined by your individual gear, and more information can be found on the Stat Priority page.
While the stat priority for classes is normally the same for both the Easy Mode page and our full guide, subtle differences can still occur. If you want to see the full explanation of the stat priority, as well as the absolute top choices for the priority, head to our full stats page below.
Legendary Choice for Fury Warrior
Venthyr Fury Warriors will want to prioritize Sinful Surge for single-target raiding, while other Covenants will use Signet of Tormented Kings. In Mythic+ and multi-target situations, Signet is generally the best option for all Covenants.
For more detailed explanations of Legendaries, and some alternatives in different scenarios you can always refer to our dedicated Legendary page.
If you are looking for more information about what gear to look out for when playing, you can also check our Gear page linked below.
Basic Rotation for Fury Warrior
The typical single target rotation using our suggested talents is outlined below. When there are multiple targets, prioritize Whirlwind as needed to maintain its buff and ensure the rest of your abilities hit multiple targets. Because it is part of the core rotation, the buff will often be maintained on its own.
- Cast Rampage for damage and to maintain Enrage.
- Cast Recklessness on cooldown or whenever burst damage is needed.
- Cast Execute whenever possible.
- Cast Dragon Roar while Enraged, particularly against multiple targets.
- Cast Bloodthirst on cooldown for Rage and Enrage.
- Cast Raging Blow to generate Rage.
- Cast Whirlwind to fill when nothing else is available.
While all builds focus on the same principle of converting Rage into damage with Rampage and maintaining Enrage, other talents add extra abilities, maintenance buffs, and can lengthen the Execute phase. These talents and their rotations are covered in more detial in the advanced sections of the guide.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.5.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 12 Mar. 2021: Removed old reference.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Legendary recommendations.
- 21 Nov. 2020: Added Covenant recommendatiosn and updated stat priority.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Upgrade Legendaries to Rank 7 in Patch 9.2
- Gluttonous Gardbrace Makes You Eat Food Faster in Patch 9.2
- Everything New in Patch 9.2 Build 41827
- Everything You Need to Know About Wearing 2 Legendaries At Once in Patch 9.2
- Zereth Mortis Catch-Up Gear in Patch 9.2
- Encrypted Files Hint at Potential Deluxe Edition Rewards for WoW's Upcoming Expansion
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Patch 9.1.5 (Week #11)
- Interesting Loot from the Jailer in Patch 9.2