Fury Warrior Frequently Asked Questions — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we go over several of the most frequently asked questions regarding Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5. This will be updated as more common repeated questions surface over the course of the expansion.
1. Should I Worry About Rage?
Generally no. Because there is only one spender, Rampage, Fury does not have many issues managing Rage. A minor optimization can be made by delaying Rampage by a single global cooldown if Enrage is already active in order to generate extra rage, so long as it does not cause you to exceed 100 Rage.
2. Should I Put My Highest Item Level Weapon in the Off-Hand?
No. Off-hand attacks deal 50% less damage than their Main-hand counterparts, reducing the reliance on keeping two completely competitive item level weapons, although it is still an important gear slot.
3. Should I Only Use Dragon Roar/Bladestorm During Recklessness?
4. What Piece of Gear is Better?
Due to the number of variables involved, the typical answer is to simulate it for better accuracy. Between gear, set bonuses, trinkets, Azerite traits, and sometimes even talents, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all, especially with the advent of Azerite Armor creating many more permutations between otherwise similar Fury Warriors.
The only exception to this rule is when a specific fight dictates a certain set of optimal talents and gear pieces that enhance their strength. If you are curious about what kind of setup to go for a specific fight, WarcraftLogs.com's rankings and statistics are a good place to see what others are doing.
We have a guide on how to sim yourself here:
5. How Much of Each Stat Should I Have?
More is better, there are no major breakpoints or limits to worry about, and in most cases, the amount of any one stat is less important than the raw amount of total stats. This is another situation in which simming your available gear will be more accurate than any generic answer.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Page added for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?
- Feral Druid 8.1
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Looking for some help/coaching
- Demo DPS improvement