Protection Warrior Tank Sanctum of Domination Raid Guide — Dragonflight 10.0.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Protection Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Sanctum of Domination. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.0.5.
On this page, you will find Protection Warrior-specific information to deal with each boss in the Sanctum of Domination raid.
This page assumes that you already understand most of the mechanics of each encounter. These can be found on the full raid guide, so what is contained here are details specifically tailored toward Protection Warrior and what you can do to deal with each fight as best as possible.Spell Reflection and Shield Block tips will be frequently updated as the abilities which can be reflected / deflected / blocked can change at any time.
As a note, all information provided was given before the release of Dragonflight and therefore will not reflect any changes made after the release of the Dragonflight Pre-patch.
During the Dragonflight Pre-Patch, Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Sepulcher of the First Ones will be simultaneously featured as Fated Raids. During this time encounters within each specific raid will include an additional mechanic and items will drop at increased item levels. If you would like to learn more general information about the Fated Raids system as a whole, please see our overview below. Otherwise, continue to use this page for specialization-specific tips.
This talent builds works well for every single boss encounter, you can import the loadout as follows:
- Pre-patch Raid:
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Tarragrue.
- The Wall
- Heavy Repercussions and Bolster are both strong defensive choices on this fight.
- Have Shield Block up for Overpower as it is blockable.
- When the boss gains Fury of the Ages, use cooldowns as necessary to survive until it is stolen with Disembodied Mystic Hands or soothed.
- Once the boss hits 10% health, he will gain increased damage and all of the Anima Powers will be removed. Once this happens, kite the boss using Intervene and Heroic Leap.
- Heroic Leap can be used to reset the cooldown of Taunt in case you need to double taunt.
For more information, please refer to our The Tarragrue guide.
The Eye of the Jailer
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Eye of the Jailer.
- The Wall
- Assailing Lance is blockable, so use Shield Block.
- Utilise Shield Wall, Ignore Pain, and other defensive abilities in addition to healer cooldowns to survive Deathlink and Piercing Lens.
- Piercing Lens from the Deathseeker Eye add is reflectable with Spell Reflection.
- Intervene and Heroic Leap can be used to position yourself quickly for when Annihilating Glare is about to begin. Soulshape and Door of Shadows can also be used to get past the beam.
- During intermission (75%/50%/25%), keep the two adds far apart to avoid any unnecessary damage.
For more information, please refer to our The Eye of the Jailer guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against The Nine.
- The Wall
- Unending Strike can be blocked with Shield Block. Taunt swap at around 3 stacks.
- Soulful Blast and Fragments of Destiny are reflectable with Spell Reflection.
- Use Heroic Leap and Intervene when movement is required.
- Be sure to interrupt Song of Dissolution, unless someone else is assigned to it.
For more information, please refer to our The Nine guide.
Remnant of Ner'zhul
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Remnant of Ner'zhul.
- The Wall
- Be sure to hit Orbs that have Eternal Torment shields on them with Suffering, swap after each cast.
- Use Heroic Leap and Intervene or Charge to prevent getting knocked off when Malevolence is dispelled.
- Keep Shield Block up to reduce the damage from incoming melee hits and use your other cooldowns as needed.
For more information, please refer to our Remnant of Ner'zhul guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Soulrender Dormazain.
- The Wall
- Ruinblade can be blocked with Shield Block, swap after each cast.
- Move the boss to the adds when they spawn to help cleave them down faster and interrupt as necessary.
- Use Charge and Heroic Leap to quickly move to the adds when needed.
For more information, please refer to our Soulrender Dormazain guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Painsmith Raznal.
- The Wall
- When targeted by Cruciform Axe, Reverberating Hammer or Dualblade Scythe, depending on the phase of the fight you are in, run to the corner of the room and use Ignore Pain and any other cooldowns if needed. Swap after each weapon throw.
- Use Heroic Leap to move to the corner of the room when you are targeted by any of the weapon throws and Charge to get quickly back.
- Ignore Pain can be used to reduce the damage taken from Blackened Armor.
- Grab aggro on the adds as they spawn, you can use Challenging Shout to get them all. Heroic Leap can also be used to reset the cooldown of Taunt.
- Use Intervene, Heroic Leap as needed to dodge away from mechanics or re-position yourself.
For more information, please refer to our Painsmith Raznal guide.
Guardian of the First Ones
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Guardian of the First Ones.
- The Wall
- Use Shield Block on Sunder. Swap after each cast of Sunder.
- Obliterate is no longer blockable and also partially deals magic damage, so use Spell Reflection with Ignore Pain and any other defensive cooldown if needed.
- When targeted by Sunder be sure that you are standing alone. When targeted by Obliterate be sure to stack with your group.
- Heroic Leap and Intervene can be used to move the boss quickly into a Energy Core when he is casting Purging Protocol.
For more information, please refer to our Guardian of the First Ones guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Fatescribe Roh-Kalo.
- The Wall
- Use Spell Reflection on Diviner's Probe, Twist Fate, and Anomalous Blast.
- When targeted by Invoke Destiny use Heroic Leap to get out of the group fast. After the cast has gone off, use Charge or Intervene to quickly get back to your group. Do not let the add hit you, as it will trigger Overwhelming Burden, which deals a lot of raid damage. Swap on each cast of Invoke Destiny.
- When the boss attacks a new target, he deals extra magic damage on his first few auto attacks. Use Ignore Pain, Demoralizing Shout, or any other defensive cooldown to deal with the increased damage.
- Use Heroic Leap and Intervene to move around the room as necessary.
For more information, please refer to our Fatescribe Roh-Kalo guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Kel'Thuzad.
- The Wall
- Swap immediately after each cast of Soul Fracture.
- Soul Fracture will spawn 3 adds that need to be killed as fast as possible. After the adds have died, the tank affected by the Soul Exhaustion can go and collect the Soul Fragments left behind by the adds to remove their debuff. If this is not done fast enough, the tank will die.
- Ice Shard is blockable with Shield Block.
- Use Taunt and Challenging Shout to get aggro on the adds that spawn during the encounter as needed.
- Pick up the adds that spawn during intermission. When tanking Abominations, face them away from the raid, so they will not get hit by Demolish.
For more information, please refer to our Kel'Thuzad guide.
We advise you to use the following Legendaries against Sylvanas Windrunner.
- The Wall
- Use Shield Block to block the physical portion of Ranger's Heartseeker and Spell Reflection, Ignore Pain, or any other defensive to mitigate the magical part.
- Use Heroic Leap or Intervene to quickly move out of Veil of Darkness.
- When targeted by Wailing Arrow, use Heroic Leap to leap to the side of the room, putting maximum distance between you and the raid.
- During intermission, stay away from your own Domination Chains, as this will deal damage to you. Use Heroic Leap, Intervene, and Charge to help kill other players' Domination Chains instead.
- Dodge the various attacks during intermission by using your movement tools if needed.
- In Phase 2, avoid getting hit by Haunting Wave. Various adds will also spawn that need to be tanked. Mawforged Souljudge and Mawforged Goliath need to be tank swapped, as they cast Lashing Wound and Fury.
- In Phase 3, swap after each cast of Banshee's Heartseeker. Use Shield Block and Ignore Pain, Spell Reflection, or any other defensives to mitigate the physical and magical portions of this attack.
For more information, please refer to our Sylvanas Windrunner guide.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)