Fury Warrior DPS Spell Summary — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Spell Summary of Fury Warrior
If you are new to Fury, this is a great place to start to get an understanding of how the spec works. In this section, we will discuss what abilities you have, what they are used for, and how they interact with each other. If you have prior experience with Fury, or are already comfortable with the spec in Battle for Azeroth, it is recommended you skip this section and move on to the rest of the guide.
2. Fury Warrior's Main Resource
Rage is your primary resource, generated through autoattacks, special abilities, and spent on the powerful attack Rampage, which also triggers Enrage. Maximizing rage generation, and therefore Enrage uptime, is the central goal of the rotation.
3. Basic Abilities of a Fury Warrior
These are your innate skills that are available regardless of talents, which form the foundation of the specialization's gameplay.
Bloodthirst provides rage, self-healing, and a 30% chance to trigger Enrage. Its cooldown is haste-locked, so you will always fit two global cooldowns in between each cast, which sets the pace of the rotation.
Rampage is your Rage spender and highest damage attack, which also guarantees Enrage on use. Everything else in the rotation builds up to it, and maximizing Rampage use is central to both dealing damage and maintaining Enrage.
Raging Blow is a burst rage generator with two charges. Due to the longer cooldown, it is best used sparingly, keeping one charge on cooldown and saving the other for periods of rage starvation. The built-in chance to reset its own cooldown makes the rotation more dynamic and less predictable.
Whirlwind is your main filler ability, typically used when nothing else is available. It also applies a two-stack buff, which allows any other single target ability to cleave. This allows Fury to deal passive multitarget damage, without reducing single target output, at the cost of simply ensuring the buff remains active.
Execute speeds up rage generation and Rampage use when the target is below 20% health. The combined effect of using Rampage more often, increasing Enrage uptime, and dealing high damage on its own makes Fury Warriors much more potent during the Execute phase.
Charge is a combat initiator and mobility tool, which generates Rage to help enable Rampage and roots the target to prevent escape. Use it to start combat, stay on target, and close gaps whenever necessary.
4. Important Procs for a Fury Warrior
Enrage is Fury's central mechanic, guaranteed from casting Rampage, and with a 30% chance on Bloodthirst. Its damage bonus is based on Mastery: Unshackled Fury, making it an important part of the specialization's overall damage output.
Whirlwind is a two-stack buff which causes all single target abilities to also damage up to 4 additional targets in range for half damage. Each cast of Whirlwind refreshes the buff back to two stacks, so it only needs to be used every third global cooldown in order to ensure all of your attacks hit multiple targets.
5. Offensive Cooldowns of a Fury Warrior
Recklessness doubles Rage generated from all autoattacks, special abilities, and talents. While it is not a large damage buff in of itself, it allows Rampage to be used much more frequently, increasing overall burst damage as a result.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Reviewed and up to date for Patch 8.1.
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Vision of Perfection (the 8.2 Cooldown Essence) Changes Coming
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1
- Stat caps?