Arms Warrior DPS Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Guide — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find tips, tricks, and strategies tailored to your Arms Warrior for each boss of the following raid: Battle of Dazar'alor. All our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
This page will be a rough outline of the bosses and mechanics in the Battle of Dazar'alor raid. This page will focus primarily on suggestions to optimize Arms Warrior performance, rather than a total encounter strategy. Initially, this page will focus on Normal and Heroic mode, adding Mythic over time.
Arms Warriors in Battle of Dazar'alor
Arms Warriors excel at two-target cleave, burst multi-target damage damage, and Execute-phases, ideal for taking out priority targets and groups of adds.
Champion of the Light
- Swap to adds during Seal of Reckoning, approximately every 50 seconds.
- Make sure to save Warbreaker and Bladestorm for the adds.
- Stay spread into small groups to minimize damage taken from Reverberating Slam.
- Berserker Rage can immune/break the fear from Ferocious Roar.
- Cleave using Sweeping Strikes when you are able to, but focus the Monk Master in order to keep its health lower, except when the Mage's Fire Shield is up. Break it and interrupt before swapping back.
- Heroic Leap can be used to avoid the falling damage from Magma Trap, if need be.
- Heroic Leap can also be used to bypass Ring of Peace during the intermission.
- The Gauntlet phase is primarily about avoiding damage, so stay behind the boss and watch out for the fire.
- Opal of Unleashed Rage is the best Warrior jewel, so ensure you hit every available target in order to stack it up.
- During the final phase, run out when targeted with Liquid Gold, and stay in the group to split damage when you or others are affected by Coin Shower.
- Adds spawn every 1 minute in the final phase, which lines up very well with Bladestorm. Save it and Warbreaker for them.
Conclave of the Chosen
- Intimidating Shout can be used on the Ravenous Stalker adds, but it is not very reliable, and it is generally better just to kill them.
- If you are focused by a Ravenous Stalker, find a different one to attack, rather than try to tank it.
- Cleave damage is wasted due to Aspects healing to full every time one is defeated.
- Align cooldowns for high stacks of Bwonsamdi's Boon.
- Heroic Leap can be useful when running from Inevitable End.
High Tinker Mekkatorque
- If shrunk by the World Enlarger, try to avoid being stepped on by full sized players and interact with Spark Bots. To shut them down, you must coordinate with other shrunken players to learn your shutdown code.
- Do not step on shrunken players!
At this stage, there are no Warrior-specific playstyle tips for the Blockade.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore
- On Mythic difficulty, Arms is extremely effective in the last phase, due to the combination of Collateral Damage and Test of Might, using Sweeping Strikes on the Water Elemental to generate extra rage and build big buff windows for extra single target damage against Jaina.
- Otherwise, the fight plays out as normal. It is laregely a mechanics check, with few other opportunities or tricks to increase damage. Dealing with the encounter mechanics should be the first priority, followed by maintaining a high uptime on the boss and keeping your abilities on cooldown.
- 25 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 12 Mar. 2019: Updated tips for Jaina.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Added new tips.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Guide was created.
More Warrior Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd