Paladin Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Here, you will find all class-specific Covenant abilities available to Paladins in Shadowlands.
Welcome to our guide that covers Paladin Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Paladins by Each Covenant
- Signature Ability — Summon Steward calls your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity.
- Paladin Ability — Divine Toll allows you to instantly cast spells on several targets (based on your current specialization).
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting you forward, increasing your movement speed for a short time.
- Paladin Ability — Blessing of the Seasons blesses an ally with the aspect of one of the seasons.
- Signature Ability — Fleshcraft provides an absorption shield and increases damage taken.
- Paladin Ability — Vanquisher's Hammer throws a hammer at an enemy and empowers your next Word of Glory or Templar's Verdict.
- Signature Ability — Door of Shadows teleports you to a targeted location.
- Paladin Ability — Ashen Hallow: deals Shadow damage and heals allies in an area.
Best Covenants for Paladins
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Paladin spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Paladin Covenant Ability
Divine Toll: Instantly cast Holy Shock (Holy), Avenger's Shield (Protection), or Judgment (Retribution) on up to 5 targets within 30 yards (based on your current specialization). (Instant, Costs 15-30% of Base Mana, 30-yard range, 1-minute cooldown)
Night Fae Paladin Covenant Ability
Blessing of the Seasons provides an ally with four different buffs that cycle through and are active 30 seconds each.
- Blessing of Spring: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, increasing their healing done and healing done by 15% and healing received by 30%. Turns to Summer after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Summer: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, causing their attacks to have a 40% chance to deal 30% additional damage as Holy damage. Turns to Autumn after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Autumn: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, causing their cooldowns to recover 30% faster. Turns to Winter after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Winter: Bless an ally for 30 seconds. Their attacks deal (5% of Attack Power or Spell Power) Frost damage and reduce enemies' Movement Speed by 5% and Attack Speed by 2%, stacking up to 10 times. Blessing of Winter can be applied to multiple targets at once. Turns to Spring after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
Necrolord Paladin Covenant Ability
Vanquisher's Hammer: Throws a hammer at your target dealing (136% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, and empowering your next:
- Holy: Word of Glory to automatically trigger Light of Dawn with 25% increased effectiveness.
- Protection: Word of Glory to automatically trigger Shield of the Righteous with 25% increased effectiveness.
- Retribution: Templar's Verdict to automatically trigger Divine Storm with 25% increased effectiveness.
Generates 1 Holy Power.
(Instant, Costs 1 Holy Power, 30-yard range, 30-second cooldown)
Venthyr Paladin Covenant Ability
Ashen Hallow: Hallow the target area for 30 seconds. Enemies in the area suffer up to (825% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, and allies are healed for up to (540% of Spell Power), reduced if there are more than 5 targets. Within the Hallow, you may use Hammer of Wrath on any target, and its damage is increased by 100%. (1.5-second cast, Costs 20% of Base Mana, 30-yard range, 4-minute cooldown)
This ability can be canceled early by pressing the button again, as of Patch 9.2.
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Tooltips updated for Eternity's End.
- 30 Oct. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Vanquisher's Hammer generates 1 Holy Power.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 31 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35679.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35598.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Ashen Hallow buffed.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Blessing of the Seasons updated.
- 18 Jul. 2020: Updated Blessing of Seasons for the latest Beta update.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Blessings updated for Alpha Build 35078.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd