Paladin Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Welcome to our guide that covers Paladin Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Paladins by Each Covenant
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting you forward, increasing your movement speed for a short time.
- Paladin Ability — Blessing of the Seasons blesses an ally with the aspect of one of the seasons.
Best Covenants for Paladins
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Paladin spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Paladin Covenant Ability
Divine Toll: Instantly cast Holy Shock (Holy), Avenger's Shield (Protection), or Judgment (Retribution) on up to 5 targets within 30 yards (based on your current specialization). (Instant, Costs 15-30% of Base Mana, 30-yard range, 1-minute cooldown)
Night Fae Paladin Covenant Ability
Blessing of the Seasons provides an ally with four different buffs that cycle through and are active 30 seconds each.
- Blessing of Spring: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, increasing their healing done and healing done by 10% and healing received by 20%. Turns to Summer after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Summer: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, causing their attacks to have a 40% chance to deal 30% additional damage as Holy damage. Turns to Autumn after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Autumn: Bless an ally for 30 seconds, causing their cooldowns to recover 30% faster. Turns to Winter after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
- Blessing of Winter: Bless an ally for 30 seconds. Their attacks deal (5% of Attack Power or Spell Power) Frost damage and reduce enemies' movement speed by 3% and attack speed by 2%, stacking up to 10 times. Blessing of Winter can be applied to multiple targets at once. Turns to Spring after use. (Costs 5% of Base Mana, 40-yard range, 45-second cooldown)
Necrolord Paladin Covenant Ability
Vanquisher's Hammer: Throws a hammer at your target dealing (136% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, and empowering your next:
- Holy: Word of Glory to automatically trigger Light of Dawn.
- Protection: Word of Glory to automatically trigger Shield of the Righteous.
- Retribution: Templar's Verdict to automatically trigger Divine Storm.
Generates 1 Holy Power.
(Instant, Costs 1 Holy Power, 30-yard range, 30-second cooldown)
Venthyr Paladin Covenant Ability
Ashen Hallow: Hallow the target area for 30 seconds. Enemies in the area suffer up to (825% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, and allies are healed for up to (630% of Spell Power), reduced if there are more than 5 targets. Within the Hallow, you may use Hammer of Wrath on any target, and its damage is increased by 100%. (1.5-second cast, Costs 20% of Base Mana, 30-yard range, 4-minute cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Vanquisher's Hammer generates 1 Holy Power.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 31 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35679.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35598.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Ashen Hallow buffed.
- 08 Aug. 2020: Blessing of the Seasons updated.
- 18 Jul. 2020: Updated Blessing of Seasons for the latest Beta update.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Blessings updated for Alpha Build 35078.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- A New Tradition: Celebrate a Change of Seasons With a Tree Gathering
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290 Class Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: September 23rd
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Patch 9.1.5 PTR Notes: September 23rd
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Week 11
- Rogue Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)
- Priest Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40290)