Monk Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands
Welcome to our guide that covers Monk Covenant Abilities in Shadowlands. We first present you a summary of all the abilities before going over the individual Signature and Covenant Class Abilities in more detail.
Summary of Abilities Granted to Monks by Each Covenant
- Signature Ability — Summon Steward calls your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity.
- Monk Ability — Weapons of Order increases your mastery and resets/reduces cooldowns of your spells based on your current specialization.
- Night Fae
- Signature Ability — Soulshape transforms you into a Vulpin, instantly teleporting you forward, increasing your movement speed for a short time.
- Monk Ability — Faeline Stomp exposes a faeline, inflicting Nature damage and healing friendly targets.
- Signature Ability — Fleshcraft provides an absorption shield and increases damage taken.
- Monk Ability — Bonedust Brew gives your abilities a chance to affect the target a second time at reduced effectiveness as either damage or healing.
- Signature Ability — Door of Shadows teleports you to a targeted location.
- Monk Ability — Fallen Order summons reflections that fight for you and cast abilities based on your specialization.
Best Covenants for Monks
For more information regarding the best Covenants for each Monk spec, please refer to our spec-specific pages:
Kyrian Monk Covenant Ability
Weapons of Order
- Brewmaster: For the next 30 seconds, your mastery is increased by 10%. Additionally, Keg Smash cooldown is reset instantly and enemies hit by the ability take 8% increased damage from you for 10 seconds, stacking up to 4 times.
- Mistweaver: For the next 30 seconds, your mastery is increased by 42%. Additionally, Essence Font cooldown is reset instantly and heals up to 6 nearby allies for (40% of Spell Power) Health on channel start and end.
- Windwalker: For the next 30 seconds, your mastery is increased by 12.5%. Additionally, Rising Sun Kick reduces Chi costs by 1 for 5 seconds, and Blackout Kick reduces the cooldown of affected abilities by an additional 1 second.
(Instant, Costs 5% of Base Mana, 2-minute cooldown)
Night Fae Monk Covenant Ability
Faeline Stomp: Strike the ground fiercely to expose a faeline for 30 seconds, dealing (40% of Attack Power) to up to 5 enemies, and restores (91% of Spell Power) health to up to 5 allies within 30 yards caught in the faeline.
- Brewmaster: Stagger is 5% more effective for 8 seconds against enemies caught in the faeline.
- Mistweaver: Up to 5 allies caught in the faeline are healed with an Essence Font bolt.
- Windwalker: Up to 5 enemies caught in the faeline suffer an additional (65% of Attack Power) damage.
Your abilities have a 6% chance of resetting the cooldown of Faeline Stomp while fighting on a faeline. (Instant, 1 Charge, Costs 4% of Base Mana, 30-yard range, 30-second cooldown, 30-second recharge time)
Necrolord Monk Covenant Ability
Bonedust Brew: Hurl a brew created from the bones of your enemies at the ground, coating all targets struck for 10 seconds. Your abilities have a 50% chance to affect the target a second time at 40% effectiveness as Shadow damage or healing.
- Brewmaster: Tiger Palm and Keg Smash reduce the cooldown of your brews by an additional 1 second, when striking enemies with your Bonedust Brew active.
- Mistweaver: Mastery: Gust of Mists heals targets with your Bonedust Brew for an additional (42% of Attack Power).
- Windwalker: Spinning Crane Kick refunds 1 Chi when striking enemies with your Bonedust Brew active.
This ability cannot critically strike as of Patch 9.2.
(Instant, 40-yard range, 60-second cooldown)
Venthyr Monk Covenant Ability
Fallen Order: Opens a mystic portal for 24 seconds. Every 3 seconds, it summons a spirit of your order's fallen Ox, Crane, or Tiger adepts for 6 seconds. Fallen Ox, Crane, and Tiger adepts assist for an additional 2 seconds and will also:
- Attack your enemies with Breath of Fire.
- Heal with Enveloping Mist.
- Assault with Fists of Fury.
Fallen Order's cooldown resets when an encounter ends. (Instant, Costs 2% of Base Mana, 3-minute cooldown)
Other Covenant Class Abilities
You can find all class-specific Covenant abilities available for other classes linked below.
- 20 Feb. 2022: Tooltips updated for Eternity's End.
- 27 Jun. 2021: Page updated for Chains of Domination.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 22 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands release.
- 27 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35978.
- 05 Sep. 2020: Updated for Beta Build 35755.
- 21 Aug. 2020: Fixes for Beta Build 35598.
- 12 Aug. 2020: Weapon of Order adjustments, Beta Build 35522.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34902.
- 20 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34821.
- 15 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34714.
- 09 Jun. 2020: Reviewed for Alpha Build 34615.
- 25 May 2020: Updated for Alpha Build 34490.
- 17 May 2020: Page added.
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 30th
- Population Caps Increased, New Realm Added to Season of Discovery
- Season of Discovery Now Live
- Season of Discovery PvP Rank Caps
- Season of Discovery WoWCast Episode
- Mythic+ Tier List for Dragonflight Season 3 Week 3
- Amirdrassil a Proper Zone in Patch 10.2.5
- Season of Discovery Guides